A HEALTHY eating roadshow arrives in Chester-le-Street’s Market Place tomorrow (Saturday, February 23).
The Change4Life Be Smart Roadshow will show visitors how diet can play an important part in healthy living.
Between 10am and 4pm there will be activities and advice, including information on things such as fat and salt intake and cookery demonstrations.
Loading article content
The event is organised by NHS County Durham and Darlington, County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust, Durham County Council, Durham County Leisure and Chester-le-Street and District Area Action Partnership
Public health worker Dawn Phillips said: “Having the National Change4Life roadshow on our door step in County Durham is an exciting opportunity for the local area.
“The Change4Life movement is already making a difference across the country promoting healthy eating and a more active lifestyle. This event will show local families how they can make small steps to a healthier lifestyle.”
More Chester-le-Street News
- Council votes to privatise services in shake-up of adult care in County Durham
- Catholic priest facing trial over £90,000 fraud allegations
- Durham County Cricket Club debts hit £7.5m, club report reveals
- Beamish Museum to host memory walk
- Chester-le-Street woman raises £2,000 for hospital which helped her premature grandchildren
- Mother takes giant step with launch of children’s book
- Traffic alert: A1(M) reopens after earlier accident
- Work about to start on £2.7m affordable housing scheme for Chester-le-Street
- Award recognises hard work to improve town
- House and garage badly damaged in fire