A HEALTHY eating roadshow arrives in Chester-le-Street’s Market Place tomorrow (Saturday, February 23).
The Change4Life Be Smart Roadshow will show visitors how diet can play an important part in healthy living.
Between 10am and 4pm there will be activities and advice, including information on things such as fat and salt intake and cookery demonstrations.
Loading article content
The event is organised by NHS County Durham and Darlington, County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust, Durham County Council, Durham County Leisure and Chester-le-Street and District Area Action Partnership
Public health worker Dawn Phillips said: “Having the National Change4Life roadshow on our door step in County Durham is an exciting opportunity for the local area.
“The Change4Life movement is already making a difference across the country promoting healthy eating and a more active lifestyle. This event will show local families how they can make small steps to a healthier lifestyle.”
More Chester-le-Street News
- Children take part in minors' gala
- Chester-le-Street food recycling scheme marks first birthday
- New padre appointed to care for Chester-le-Street air cadets
- Campaign launched to raise awareness of loan sharks in Chester-le-Street
- Meet the friendly cat who gives ‘high fives’
- Murder-style investigation was launched, but inquest hears alley death caused by alcohol
- Your Pictures: Heavy snowfall hits region causing disruption on roads
- Catholic priest changes plea and admits fraud of at least £50,000
- Chester-le-Street's Riverside Park to host Cancer Research’s Race for Life Pretty Muddy
- Man jailed for stealing collection box raising money for cancer battler Bradley Lowery