A HEALTHY eating roadshow arrives in Chester-le-Street’s Market Place tomorrow (Saturday, February 23).
The Change4Life Be Smart Roadshow will show visitors how diet can play an important part in healthy living.
Between 10am and 4pm there will be activities and advice, including information on things such as fat and salt intake and cookery demonstrations.
The event is organised by NHS County Durham and Darlington, County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust, Durham County Council, Durham County Leisure and Chester-le-Street and District Area Action Partnership
Public health worker Dawn Phillips said: “Having the National Change4Life roadshow on our door step in County Durham is an exciting opportunity for the local area.
“The Change4Life movement is already making a difference across the country promoting healthy eating and a more active lifestyle. This event will show local families how they can make small steps to a healthier lifestyle.”
More Chester-le-Street News
- Final wishes of fallen soldiers available online
- Trout return to stream
- Brightening life for former military personnel
- Commissioners take misconduct complaint against suspended sentence judge to next level
- Young football player shot in head by airgun
- Brave Ava's birthday bash is a smash hit
- Santa kick starts Christmas at Beamish
- Palace honour for Trooping The Colour soldier
- Safer school journeys for pupils
- Driver dies after minor collision