For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Healthy eating event comes to town
Updated 2:17pm Friday 22nd February 2013 in News
A HEALTHY eating roadshow arrives in Chester-le-Street’s Market Place tomorrow (Saturday, February 23).
The Change4Life Be Smart Roadshow will show visitors how diet can play an important part in healthy living.
Between 10am and 4pm there will be activities and advice, including information on things such as fat and salt intake and cookery demonstrations.
The event is organised by NHS County Durham and Darlington, County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust, Durham County Council, Durham County Leisure and Chester-le-Street and District Area Action Partnership
Public health worker Dawn Phillips said: “Having the National Change4Life roadshow on our door step in County Durham is an exciting opportunity for the local area.
“The Change4Life movement is already making a difference across the country promoting healthy eating and a more active lifestyle. This event will show local families how they can make small steps to a healthier lifestyle.”
More Chester-le-Street News
- Parents warned predatory paedophiles may use online gaming to contact children
- Police will use the crusher in their fight against illegal off-road bike riding
- Big day as Ada celebrates her 100th birthday
- Patient transport scheme needs volunteer drivers
- Pupils hit the right notes for charity
- Two conmen jailed after elderly Chester-le-Street woman is fleeced of thousands of pounds
- Pool reopens for summer fun
- Delays ahead as work starts on improvements to busy roads
- Durham's police chief unveils new plan in fight against bilking
- Youngsters make garden lovely for elderly residents
Comments are closed on this article.