A HEALTHY eating roadshow arrives in Chester-le-Street’s Market Place tomorrow (Saturday, February 23).
The Change4Life Be Smart Roadshow will show visitors how diet can play an important part in healthy living.
Between 10am and 4pm there will be activities and advice, including information on things such as fat and salt intake and cookery demonstrations.
Loading article content
The event is organised by NHS County Durham and Darlington, County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust, Durham County Council, Durham County Leisure and Chester-le-Street and District Area Action Partnership
Public health worker Dawn Phillips said: “Having the National Change4Life roadshow on our door step in County Durham is an exciting opportunity for the local area.
“The Change4Life movement is already making a difference across the country promoting healthy eating and a more active lifestyle. This event will show local families how they can make small steps to a healthier lifestyle.”
More Chester-le-Street News
- Take on the #KeepitupforEngland challenge and show your support for our heroes
- Deano's story of the horrors of war and the road to recovery is why everyone should #KeepitupforEngland to support our heroes
- ECB must consider impact of 'North-South divide' on Durham County Cricket Club, says MP
- Support announced for Simply Red stadium show
- Suspected shoplifter caught on Chester-le-Street CCTV
- Work to cut reoffending to be honoured at awards
- Collector is trying to trace family of wartime airman
- Community cafe plans expansion after winning funding
- Work to brighten up Chester-le-Street area
- Woman who wrote bogus threatening letters to herself, purporting they were from 'ex', given suspended prison sentence