A HEALTHY eating roadshow arrives in Chester-le-Street’s Market Place tomorrow (Saturday, February 23).
The Change4Life Be Smart Roadshow will show visitors how diet can play an important part in healthy living.
Between 10am and 4pm there will be activities and advice, including information on things such as fat and salt intake and cookery demonstrations.
The event is organised by NHS County Durham and Darlington, County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust, Durham County Council, Durham County Leisure and Chester-le-Street and District Area Action Partnership
Public health worker Dawn Phillips said: “Having the National Change4Life roadshow on our door step in County Durham is an exciting opportunity for the local area.
“The Change4Life movement is already making a difference across the country promoting healthy eating and a more active lifestyle. This event will show local families how they can make small steps to a healthier lifestyle.”
More Chester-le-Street News
- Writer's dream comes true with book publication
- Edwardian one-man show for Beamish visitors
- Exhibition looks at war's impact on Pelton folk
- Charity event to celebrate end of girl's chemotherapy treatment
- Van driver guilty of injuring woman as it is revealed Shotton Colliery triple death crash motorist was in accident two weeks before fatal collision
- Woman seriously hurt as young drivers "raced through village streets", court hears
- Pharmacy staff's Great North Run charity tonic
- Heroin substitute pills found in prison visitor's pocket
- Dog walkers gear up for annual hospice sponsored walk
- Brother and sister walk free from court despite fleecing dementia pensioner out of £2,520