A HEALTHY eating roadshow arrives in Chester-le-Street’s Market Place tomorrow (Saturday, February 23).
The Change4Life Be Smart Roadshow will show visitors how diet can play an important part in healthy living.
Between 10am and 4pm there will be activities and advice, including information on things such as fat and salt intake and cookery demonstrations.
The event is organised by NHS County Durham and Darlington, County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust, Durham County Council, Durham County Leisure and Chester-le-Street and District Area Action Partnership
Public health worker Dawn Phillips said: “Having the National Change4Life roadshow on our door step in County Durham is an exciting opportunity for the local area.
“The Change4Life movement is already making a difference across the country promoting healthy eating and a more active lifestyle. This event will show local families how they can make small steps to a healthier lifestyle.”
More Chester-le-Street News
- Disabled man distraught at the loss of irreplaceable jewellery
- Minister to intervene in balcony death controversy
- MP will urge Foreign Office to call in Greek Ambassador over death of County Durham man
- Pupils showcase their First World War studies
- Locum doctor denies groping two female patients at gp surgeries in region
- Durham City will come to standstill to pay last respects to inspirational hospice bride
- Award joy for local firm
- MP's surgery shake-up
- Long awaited war memorial unveiled in town's market place
- Pedestrian seriously injured after being hit by car in Chester-le-Street