A HEALTHY eating roadshow arrives in Chester-le-Street’s Market Place tomorrow (Saturday, February 23).
The Change4Life Be Smart Roadshow will show visitors how diet can play an important part in healthy living.
Between 10am and 4pm there will be activities and advice, including information on things such as fat and salt intake and cookery demonstrations.
Loading article content
The event is organised by NHS County Durham and Darlington, County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust, Durham County Council, Durham County Leisure and Chester-le-Street and District Area Action Partnership
Public health worker Dawn Phillips said: “Having the National Change4Life roadshow on our door step in County Durham is an exciting opportunity for the local area.
“The Change4Life movement is already making a difference across the country promoting healthy eating and a more active lifestyle. This event will show local families how they can make small steps to a healthier lifestyle.”
More Chester-le-Street News
- Gardens open their gates to the public this weekend
- Friends celebrate after scooping more than £15m in Saturday's Lotto draw - what would you spend it on?
- CJD charity launched in memory of 'one in a million' Shaun
- Rod Stewart to play at Durham County Cricket Club
- Councillors to discuss village housing plan
- Police clamping down on underage drinking
- Do you know this man? Appeal over alleged assault
- Housing bid for vacant former foundry site set for approval
- Bright sparks aim for chequered flag with kit car
- Four-legged friends raise funds for hospice at annual sponsored dog walk