For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Healthy eating event comes to town
Updated 2:17pm Friday 22nd February 2013 in News
A HEALTHY eating roadshow arrives in Chester-le-Street’s Market Place tomorrow (Saturday, February 23).
The Change4Life Be Smart Roadshow will show visitors how diet can play an important part in healthy living.
Between 10am and 4pm there will be activities and advice, including information on things such as fat and salt intake and cookery demonstrations.
The event is organised by NHS County Durham and Darlington, County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust, Durham County Council, Durham County Leisure and Chester-le-Street and District Area Action Partnership
Public health worker Dawn Phillips said: “Having the National Change4Life roadshow on our door step in County Durham is an exciting opportunity for the local area.
“The Change4Life movement is already making a difference across the country promoting healthy eating and a more active lifestyle. This event will show local families how they can make small steps to a healthier lifestyle.”
More Chester-le-Street News
- Chester-le-Street arts project gets funding to put the town in the picture
- Late night robbery victim suffers constant nightmares at ordeal at hands of young mugger
- Charity beer festival helps dementia sufferers
- Donation invite to Chester-le-Street good causes
- Thief takes 93-year-old's purse in Chester-le-Street shop
- Young couple call for road safety action after walking away from dramatic crash
- Commissioner joins in the fun at the Market Place
- Post office to close for revamp
- Books donation to help South African youngsters
- Police release photo of Sacriston pub raid suspect
Comments are closed on this article.