A HEALTHY eating roadshow arrives in Chester-le-Street’s Market Place tomorrow (Saturday, February 23).
The Change4Life Be Smart Roadshow will show visitors how diet can play an important part in healthy living.
Between 10am and 4pm there will be activities and advice, including information on things such as fat and salt intake and cookery demonstrations.
Loading article content
The event is organised by NHS County Durham and Darlington, County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust, Durham County Council, Durham County Leisure and Chester-le-Street and District Area Action Partnership
Public health worker Dawn Phillips said: “Having the National Change4Life roadshow on our door step in County Durham is an exciting opportunity for the local area.
“The Change4Life movement is already making a difference across the country promoting healthy eating and a more active lifestyle. This event will show local families how they can make small steps to a healthier lifestyle.”
More Chester-le-Street News
- Ever wanted to be a firefighter? Durham and Darlington fire service launch new apprenticeships
- Thursday, October 20: Incidents on the region's roads
- Rural churches may be allowed to opt out of weekly Sunday services
- Parents and pupils say ‘thank you’ to headteacher
- Project aims to raise aspirations in Chester-le-Street
- “For what he went through for five years in the war, to achieve 100 years old is fantastic."
- Last chance to nominate a star of grassroots sport for The Northern Echo Local Heroes Awards
- October 12, 2016: Incidents on the region's roads
- 74-year-old starting 12 year jail term for sexual abuse of young girl and woman
- Man arrested after reports of event and concert ticket fraud on social media