A HEALTHY eating roadshow arrives in Chester-le-Street’s Market Place tomorrow (Saturday, February 23).
The Change4Life Be Smart Roadshow will show visitors how diet can play an important part in healthy living.
Between 10am and 4pm there will be activities and advice, including information on things such as fat and salt intake and cookery demonstrations.
The event is organised by NHS County Durham and Darlington, County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust, Durham County Council, Durham County Leisure and Chester-le-Street and District Area Action Partnership
Public health worker Dawn Phillips said: “Having the National Change4Life roadshow on our door step in County Durham is an exciting opportunity for the local area.
“The Change4Life movement is already making a difference across the country promoting healthy eating and a more active lifestyle. This event will show local families how they can make small steps to a healthier lifestyle.”
More Chester-le-Street News
- International Women's Day marked with performance inspired by North-East lives
- Doctor smirked and got erection as he groped schoolgirl patient's breasts, court told
- Fears over swans deaths in Chester-le-Street
- Doctor cupped schoolgirl patient's breasts and played with her nipples, court told
- BALLOT: Have you travelled on the new Virgin East Coast mainline? Let us know your experiences
- Artist Anne Wallace holds exhibition in Chester-le-Street library
- Arts council cash for NE museums as economic impact of sector is revealed
- Scouts head off on adventure with help from housing group
- Campaign of harassment culminated with man reversing into car driven by his "ex".
- Bus depot burglar jailed for two years