A HEALTHY eating roadshow arrives in Chester-le-Street’s Market Place tomorrow (Saturday, February 23).
The Change4Life Be Smart Roadshow will show visitors how diet can play an important part in healthy living.
Between 10am and 4pm there will be activities and advice, including information on things such as fat and salt intake and cookery demonstrations.
Loading article content
The event is organised by NHS County Durham and Darlington, County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust, Durham County Council, Durham County Leisure and Chester-le-Street and District Area Action Partnership
Public health worker Dawn Phillips said: “Having the National Change4Life roadshow on our door step in County Durham is an exciting opportunity for the local area.
“The Change4Life movement is already making a difference across the country promoting healthy eating and a more active lifestyle. This event will show local families how they can make small steps to a healthier lifestyle.”
More Chester-le-Street News
- Darlington has second highest proportion of under-performing secondary schools in country, figures reveal
- Upgrade pledged for killer road
- Hidden serpent to emerge from undergrowth on coast-to-coast cycle path
- Serial burglar committed his latest break-in to get back behind bars
- Chester-le-Street school holds its own Lumiere show inspired by the Great North Snow Dogs
- Charity announces funding for projects helping children with cerebral palsy
- Weather pictures: Snow leads to accidents, road closures and schools shutting
- Little Mix to play Durham Cricket Club's Emirates Riverside stadium; ticket details here
- Man admits taking part in petrol bomb attack
- Weather: Blizzard conditions set to sweep into north bringing with it a 'real taste of winter'