A HEALTHY eating roadshow arrives in Chester-le-Street’s Market Place tomorrow (Saturday, February 23).
The Change4Life Be Smart Roadshow will show visitors how diet can play an important part in healthy living.
Between 10am and 4pm there will be activities and advice, including information on things such as fat and salt intake and cookery demonstrations.
The event is organised by NHS County Durham and Darlington, County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust, Durham County Council, Durham County Leisure and Chester-le-Street and District Area Action Partnership
Public health worker Dawn Phillips said: “Having the National Change4Life roadshow on our door step in County Durham is an exciting opportunity for the local area.
“The Change4Life movement is already making a difference across the country promoting healthy eating and a more active lifestyle. This event will show local families how they can make small steps to a healthier lifestyle.”
More Chester-le-Street News
- Chester-le-Street arrangers say it with flowers
- Final round of work on busy Chester-le-Street road junction
- Chester-le-Street mother's fight with council over help for autistic daughter
- Cricket stadium floodlight plan could win approval from Durham County councillors
- Police appeal following arson attack on stables at Fence Houses
- Top rating for Chester-le-Street' pub's rooms
- Man charged with rape and buggery against six victims
- Minors' gala parade at Beamish Museum
- Can you help cancer charity?
- Chester-le-Street pupils take part in new fun run