For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Healthy eating event comes to town
12:53pm Friday 22nd February 2013 in News
A HEALTHY eating roadshow arrives in Chester-le-Street’s Market Place tomorrow (Saturday, February 23).
The Change4Life Be Smart Roadshow will show visitors how diet can play an important part in healthy living.
Between 10am and 4pm there will be activities and advice, including information on things such as fat and salt intake and cookery demonstrations.
The event is organised by NHS County Durham and Darlington, County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust, Durham County Council, Durham County Leisure and Chester-le-Street and District Area Action Partnership
Public health worker Dawn Phillips said: “Having the National Change4Life roadshow on our door step in County Durham is an exciting opportunity for the local area.
“The Change4Life movement is already making a difference across the country promoting healthy eating and a more active lifestyle. This event will show local families how they can make small steps to a healthier lifestyle.”
More Chester-le-Street News
- Chester-le-Street man to face trial for alleged sexual assault
- Work starts on flood defences for village
- Giving heroin to addicts is 'sensible, not soft' - Durham police chief
- Pub parking for school run parents in Chester-le-Street
- Man made explosive device intending to harm himself, court told
- Students helping promote housing association's message
- Bus firms' fury as Durham council lets taxis onto bus lanes
- Students help Chester-le-Street wise up to the world of computers
- "Devoted and caring wife" admits attempted murder of disabled husband
- Chester-le-Street charity shop seeks unwanted furniture
Comments are closed on this article.