A HEALTHY eating roadshow arrives in Chester-le-Street’s Market Place tomorrow (Saturday, February 23).
The Change4Life Be Smart Roadshow will show visitors how diet can play an important part in healthy living.
Between 10am and 4pm there will be activities and advice, including information on things such as fat and salt intake and cookery demonstrations.
The event is organised by NHS County Durham and Darlington, County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust, Durham County Council, Durham County Leisure and Chester-le-Street and District Area Action Partnership
Public health worker Dawn Phillips said: “Having the National Change4Life roadshow on our door step in County Durham is an exciting opportunity for the local area.
“The Change4Life movement is already making a difference across the country promoting healthy eating and a more active lifestyle. This event will show local families how they can make small steps to a healthier lifestyle.”
More Chester-le-Street News
- The years melt away as old boys and girls return to say farewell to Roseberry College and Sixth Form before it is demolished
- Nursery pupils bonny in their Easter bonnets at Edmondsley
- Former Roseberry College pupils to hold reunion at closed school
- Drink driver caused mayhem on A1(M) in works van
- Residents applaud as councillors reject open space housing development near Chester-le-Street
- Durham head Anne Lakey denies indecent assault charges on boy
- Volunteers help spruce up Chester-le-Street's Riverside Park
- North-East priest becomes second woman bishop
- Man admits brandishing imitation firearm in town centre pub confrontation
- Verdict in inquest of Darlington man struck by train at Chester-le-Street rail station