FLORAL SUCCESS: The local heat of the Young Horticulturist of the Year competition has been held at East Durham College’s Houghall Campus, in Durham City. Former Houghall horticulture student Christopher Parsons, 22, from Richmond, won the competition and goes through to the regional final at Shipley College, in North Yorkshire.
More Durham News
- Four places in North-East are among best urban places in country
- Fears growth plan rejection creates housing 'free-for-all'
- Miracle tot's letter to much-missed granddad
- Tory demands HMO measure
- Shoppers support children's ward
- Mr Wright's charity challenge
- Workers rapped after forces charity bags dumped in bush
- Hundreds attend disabled sports day
- Guitar show set to rock up in region
- Storytime for Durham schools