FLORAL SUCCESS: The local heat of the Young Horticulturist of the Year competition has been held at East Durham College’s Houghall Campus, in Durham City. Former Houghall horticulture student Christopher Parsons, 22, from Richmond, won the competition and goes through to the regional final at Shipley College, in North Yorkshire.
More Durham News
- Tickets still available for panto. Oh yes they are!
- Santa's elves keep eyes on Seaham children
- Schoolchildren remember Christmas truce
- Mining firm to appeal council's opencast refusal
- First stage of roadworks completed
- Durham... as Olly sees it
- Builder aids green revamp
- Christmas surprise for school pupils as helicopter lands on playing fields
- Police cells 'not right' for mentally ill
- Tragic teen's mum backs police campaign against alcohol-fuelled violence