FLORAL SUCCESS: The local heat of the Young Horticulturist of the Year competition has been held at East Durham College’s Houghall Campus, in Durham City. Former Houghall horticulture student Christopher Parsons, 22, from Richmond, won the competition and goes through to the regional final at Shipley College, in North Yorkshire.
More Durham News
- Mining company presses ahead with opencast
- Consultation proposed on a new parish council for Durham City
- Darlington has second highest proportion of under-performing secondary schools in country, figures reveal
- End of the road for Durham Big Ride cycling event
- Students to hold university's biggest ever fashion show in aid of refugees
- Nearly two thirds of primates threatened with extinction, says Durham University professor
- Vigilance 'was not' an issue in prison death - inquest hears
- Exhibition to explore Durham's World Heritage Site through art
- Man from Plawsworth men's hostel admits committing street sex attack on mature student in Durham.
- Disabled man criticises health meeting venue after wheelchair users left in the corridor
Loading article content