FLORAL SUCCESS: The local heat of the Young Horticulturist of the Year competition has been held at East Durham College’s Houghall Campus, in Durham City. Former Houghall horticulture student Christopher Parsons, 22, from Richmond, won the competition and goes through to the regional final at Shipley College, in North Yorkshire.
More Durham News
- Durham City enjoys a taste of the past
- New adults-only table tennis club set to open
- Shopping centre calls time on 24-hour parking
- Life of North-East saint remembered
- Pirate fun launch a region’s visitor attraction
- Tomb-maker children create Lego replica of shrine
- Mayor's in with the Inn crowd
- Brass festival announces first strand of classical concerts
- It was acceptable in the '80s...
- Opera star headlines student arts festival