FLORAL SUCCESS: The local heat of the Young Horticulturist of the Year competition has been held at East Durham College’s Houghall Campus, in Durham City. Former Houghall horticulture student Christopher Parsons, 22, from Richmond, won the competition and goes through to the regional final at Shipley College, in North Yorkshire.
More Durham News
- 'Business as usual' say police in North-East, but extra patrols at 'key locations' after London terror attack
- Your Pictures: Heavy snowfall hits region causing disruption on roads
- Man jailed over series of drunken incidents in Durham city centre within a few weeks
- Durham's Shakespeare Hall gets funding for renovations
- Staff raise £12,000 for charity helping premature babies
- Wanted: Can you help police trace these people?
- Puppeteer invites entries for free show for children
- Treasures of St Cuthbert to go on display at Durham Cathedral
- Voyage of discovery for student sailors
- Former Sunderland captain plays exhibition match to open new pitch in Durham
Loading article content