FLORAL SUCCESS: The local heat of the Young Horticulturist of the Year competition has been held at East Durham College’s Houghall Campus, in Durham City. Former Houghall horticulture student Christopher Parsons, 22, from Richmond, won the competition and goes through to the regional final at Shipley College, in North Yorkshire.
More Durham News
- Tributes paid to Stewart Anderson, who died after disturbance at Loveshack nightclub
- Auditions launched for Durham City buskers
- Do you recognise this woman suspected of Home Bargains theft?
- Durham charity reveals plans to sell off land to build 100 houses
- Flash set to rock Fake Festival
- Two-wheeled treat for thousands at police Bikewise event
- County Durham dementia ward to close following review
- Durham welcomes sailors from HMS Bulwark as it exercises freedom of the city
- Funeral details of Dave Hopper released
- Children start the holidays with new equipment in Durham City park
Loading article content