FLORAL SUCCESS: The local heat of the Young Horticulturist of the Year competition has been held at East Durham College’s Houghall Campus, in Durham City. Former Houghall horticulture student Christopher Parsons, 22, from Richmond, won the competition and goes through to the regional final at Shipley College, in North Yorkshire.
More Durham News
- Fund-raisers help Leon get his wheels
- Six charged over 43 house burglaries worth 'tens of thousands'
- Woman, 81, dies after Rainton crash
- Matt's charity baton cycle
- Drug farm costs home grower £100,000 in crime proceeds settlement
- Suspected loan shark arrested in Bowburn
- Drivers badly hurt after car crash on outskirts of Consett
- Laundry move clears way for 395-bed student village
- Choir returns for new season
- Four-day beer festival begins