FLORAL SUCCESS: The local heat of the Young Horticulturist of the Year competition has been held at East Durham College’s Houghall Campus, in Durham City. Former Houghall horticulture student Christopher Parsons, 22, from Richmond, won the competition and goes through to the regional final at Shipley College, in North Yorkshire.
More Durham News
- Volunteers needed to help unearth history of Durham Light Infantry's "Shiny Tenth"
- Green light for 120 homes on farmland in Sherburn
- Durham couples needed for latest in Come Dine with Me television series
- Traffic cops turn rhyme fighters after stopping VW
- Stars' interest sparked as producer pushes for horror franchise to relocate to North-East
- Signs go up warning of blanket fishing ban on Wear to combat poaching "on an industrial scale"
- Grayson Perry miners’ gala documentary on television next week
- Police Interceptor who fast-tracked pregnant mum to hospital meets her daughter for first time
- Volunteers needed to hunt out one of the North-East’s most elusive and threatened butterflies
- Girl has long hair cut for charity
Loading article content