FLORAL SUCCESS: The local heat of the Young Horticulturist of the Year competition has been held at East Durham College’s Houghall Campus, in Durham City. Former Houghall horticulture student Christopher Parsons, 22, from Richmond, won the competition and goes through to the regional final at Shipley College, in North Yorkshire.
More Durham News
- Facebook boast robber locked up
- Ice hockey centenary event to be held at Durham hotel and golf club
- Region remembers the liberation of Belsen death camp
- Tributes to Durham's British Lions hooker
- Firefighters train for river rescues, as safety chief says messages are getting through
- Advice on offer for those thinking of emigrating down under
- Town council campaign revived to give Durham 'a stronger voice'
- Making the figures add up: landlord holds financial literacy course
- East Durham barbering lecturer gets special call
- Durham primary school teacher hit by a car and killed while on holiday in Mexico