A TEAM of lycra-clad freerunners will be performing routines in Darlington town centre tomorrow (Saturday, February 23) to highlight the health dangers of alcohol.
The unusual approach is being taken by Balance, the North-East alcohol office, to draw attention to the health harms associated with drinking too much and to help people understand how alcohol units can sneak up on them.
The freerunners will be wearing brightly coloured suits to resemble the characters in the Government’s Change4Life campaign and will be performing acrobatic flips, press ups, star jumps and fitness routines.
Loading article content
They will be in Northgate between 11am and 3pm.
More Darlington News
- Financial advisor accused of stealing almost £1m from North-East pensioners appears in court
- SkyLive 2016 - live!
- Posthumous award for exceptional Darlington teenager and "force of strength" Freja Nicholson
- Appeal to trace missing dog, Zac, last seen near Tees Pumping Station
- £1m fraud suspect Kole Lulgjuraj in North-East police custody after FBI arrest
- Three years jail for Darlington illegal waste haulier who paid just £10,000 of £350,000 court ordered him to cough up
- Good time had by all during Darlington town clock tours
- Thousands raised for Macmillan Cancer by Darlington's Thermal Insulation Contractors Association
- Darlington residents warned over rise in fraudulent calls
- Curtains up for Darlington's refurbished Majestic Theatre