A TEAM of lycra-clad freerunners will be performing routines in Darlington town centre tomorrow (Saturday, February 23) to highlight the health dangers of alcohol.
The unusual approach is being taken by Balance, the North-East alcohol office, to draw attention to the health harms associated with drinking too much and to help people understand how alcohol units can sneak up on them.
The freerunners will be wearing brightly coloured suits to resemble the characters in the Government’s Change4Life campaign and will be performing acrobatic flips, press ups, star jumps and fitness routines.
They will be in Northgate between 11am and 3pm.
More Darlington News
- New weekend GP clinics get go-ahead in Darlington
- 'We are allowed to make mistakes' – vicar's conclusion after six-month study of fictional clergy
- Languages day brings a taste of Paris to Darlington
- Councillors vow to protect Darlington's heritage as opposition is voiced over controversial housing plans
- Rugby club's charity partnership
- One third of electric blankets tested unsafe
- Chance to be a designer
- Coast to coast triumph for Rockliffe Riders
- The Chuckle Brothers are back - oh yes they are!
- A sea of empty spaces on day new parking regime started in Darlington