A TEAM of lycra-clad freerunners will be performing routines in Darlington town centre tomorrow (Saturday, February 23) to highlight the health dangers of alcohol.
The unusual approach is being taken by Balance, the North-East alcohol office, to draw attention to the health harms associated with drinking too much and to help people understand how alcohol units can sneak up on them.
The freerunners will be wearing brightly coloured suits to resemble the characters in the Government’s Change4Life campaign and will be performing acrobatic flips, press ups, star jumps and fitness routines.
They will be in Northgate between 11am and 3pm.
More Darlington News
- Hundreds gather at memorial service to Second World War airman Andrew Mynarski
- EE Darlington call centre manager was unfairly sacked, judge rules
- A fitting tribute
- Historic Lancaster's visit is a time for reflection and celebration
- A fitting place for Mary's ashes
- First dance led to 60 years of marriage for Darlington couple
- Activity festival gets underway in Darlington
- Darlington poachers caught lamping on farmland are fined
- Man split partner's head open with a ceramic bowl, court hears
- Sweet success for Darlington honey company