A TEAM of lycra-clad freerunners will be performing routines in Darlington town centre tomorrow (Saturday, February 23) to highlight the health dangers of alcohol.
The unusual approach is being taken by Balance, the North-East alcohol office, to draw attention to the health harms associated with drinking too much and to help people understand how alcohol units can sneak up on them.
The freerunners will be wearing brightly coloured suits to resemble the characters in the Government’s Change4Life campaign and will be performing acrobatic flips, press ups, star jumps and fitness routines.
They will be in Northgate between 11am and 3pm.
More Darlington News
- 'Revenge porn' photos of Darlington 'love-cheat' woman sent to friends and family by phone hacker lover
- Free ale offer for kin of Durham's Waterloo men
- New headteacher for Cockerton Primary School
- Private landlord fined after leaving mother with three young children without heating over winter
- Children commemorate the Great War through learning poetry
- Dogs Trust offers free neutering for lurchers as numbers of abandoned animals continues to grow
- Burglars kick hole in back door of house to steal mountain bike they later dumped
- Brave abuse victim tells court of abuse
- Darlington UKIP candidate pledges to stop "appalling waste" of UK resources
- Cider carrying thief stole holdall containing teddy bears used to teach first aid to children during car break-in