A TEAM of lycra-clad freerunners will be performing routines in Darlington town centre tomorrow (Saturday, February 23) to highlight the health dangers of alcohol.
The unusual approach is being taken by Balance, the North-East alcohol office, to draw attention to the health harms associated with drinking too much and to help people understand how alcohol units can sneak up on them.
The freerunners will be wearing brightly coloured suits to resemble the characters in the Government’s Change4Life campaign and will be performing acrobatic flips, press ups, star jumps and fitness routines.
They will be in Northgate between 11am and 3pm.
More Darlington News
- Volunteers sought to help Darlington's vulnerable adults and children
- Gurkha concert returns to Darlington
- Villagers blooming with pride after Northumbria in Bloom success
- Veterans form a guard of honour to bid goodbye to Alby Burton, Cockney barrow-boy turned community stalwart
- Darlington's newest soft play venue all set for grand opening
- Siblings set to turn run-down pub into community hub
- Swashbuckling students launch sustainable transport campaign
- Cabaret meets bump and grind for festival performance
- Open day at Darlington upcycling business, Totes Adore
- Pool closed