A TEAM of lycra-clad freerunners will be performing routines in Darlington town centre tomorrow (Saturday, February 23) to highlight the health dangers of alcohol.
The unusual approach is being taken by Balance, the North-East alcohol office, to draw attention to the health harms associated with drinking too much and to help people understand how alcohol units can sneak up on them.
The freerunners will be wearing brightly coloured suits to resemble the characters in the Government’s Change4Life campaign and will be performing acrobatic flips, press ups, star jumps and fitness routines.
Loading article content
They will be in Northgate between 11am and 3pm.
More Darlington News
- Video shows police trip up alleged Darlington shoplifter - but force says it was appropriate
- Jail term cut for drug-crazed Darlington man who set fire to house then threw roof tiles at police
- Polling day protest march and demonstrations against planned Hurworth development
- The dog that nobody wanted - Buster finally rehomed after five years in the dog house
- A167 near Darlington re-opened after police clear accident
- Former school field set to become Darlington's latest housing development
- Appeal to trace woman caught on Darlington CCTV
- PCC elections: The candidates and their visions for the future of policing
- Controversy over parish council electioneering in Darlington village
- Teenager charged with 20 driving offences after investigation into nuisance off-road bikes