A TEAM of lycra-clad freerunners will be performing routines in Darlington town centre tomorrow (Saturday, February 23) to highlight the health dangers of alcohol.
The unusual approach is being taken by Balance, the North-East alcohol office, to draw attention to the health harms associated with drinking too much and to help people understand how alcohol units can sneak up on them.
The freerunners will be wearing brightly coloured suits to resemble the characters in the Government’s Change4Life campaign and will be performing acrobatic flips, press ups, star jumps and fitness routines.
Loading article content
They will be in Northgate between 11am and 3pm.
More Darlington News
- Cautious Darlington FC fans won't believe groundshare until they see it
- WATCH: The terrifying moment a gun-wielding man attempts to rob a Darlington corner shop
- Genius photographer remembered by former Northern Echo editor and colleagues
- Building work to ready Blackwell Meadows for Quakers' return home to start in two weeks
- Darlington and Middlesbrough selected for high street regeneration programme
- Accident on McMullen Road, Darlington - road reopened
- Iconic 70s band Boney M come to Rockliffe
- Antiques Roadshow expert to host jewellery valuations in Darlington
- Petition to save Streetscene hero from redundancy
- Racism and hate crime condemned by Darlington Borough Council