A TEAM of lycra-clad freerunners will be performing routines in Darlington town centre tomorrow (Saturday, February 23) to highlight the health dangers of alcohol.
The unusual approach is being taken by Balance, the North-East alcohol office, to draw attention to the health harms associated with drinking too much and to help people understand how alcohol units can sneak up on them.
The freerunners will be wearing brightly coloured suits to resemble the characters in the Government’s Change4Life campaign and will be performing acrobatic flips, press ups, star jumps and fitness routines.
They will be in Northgate between 11am and 3pm.
More Darlington News
- Man on roof of Darlington sex shop throws tiles at police
- Man arrested after Darlington house blaze "started by petrol bomb"
- Darlington law firm reassures clients after losing "large sum of money" to sophisticated scam
- UPDATED: Man suffers head injury in Darlington assault
- Comment: How can soldiers involved in stamping horror attack be set free?
- Cuts lead to reduction in hospital's volunteer driver service
- Strictly stars to perform their Last Tango in Darlington
- Taekwondo title for Darlington teenager
- Family and friends gather to say goodbye to tragic Darlington teenager Kyle Hull
- UPDATED: Man injured in collision with motorcycle in Darlington undergoes surgery