A TEAM of lycra-clad freerunners will be performing routines in Darlington town centre tomorrow (Saturday, February 23) to highlight the health dangers of alcohol.
The unusual approach is being taken by Balance, the North-East alcohol office, to draw attention to the health harms associated with drinking too much and to help people understand how alcohol units can sneak up on them.
The freerunners will be wearing brightly coloured suits to resemble the characters in the Government’s Change4Life campaign and will be performing acrobatic flips, press ups, star jumps and fitness routines.
Loading article content
They will be in Northgate between 11am and 3pm.
More Darlington News
- FA will hear Darlington FC's play-off appeal on Wednesday
- International Workers’ Day revived for the town
- Support service to launch to assist Darlington's 11,000 recognised carers
- Darlington hopeful looking for votes to reach Miss England final
- Volunteers host LGBT drop-in sessions in Darlington
- Double Michelin star duo produce exclusive choc skulls
- Warm weather leads to 'Wonky' asparagus selling for just £1
- Conservatives "expected to win" Darlington as they vote for candidate
- Laid back Jack, the rescued greyhound is chasing a new home
- Do you recognise these suspects caught on CCTV?