A TEAM of lycra-clad freerunners will be performing routines in Darlington town centre tomorrow (Saturday, February 23) to highlight the health dangers of alcohol.
The unusual approach is being taken by Balance, the North-East alcohol office, to draw attention to the health harms associated with drinking too much and to help people understand how alcohol units can sneak up on them.
The freerunners will be wearing brightly coloured suits to resemble the characters in the Government’s Change4Life campaign and will be performing acrobatic flips, press ups, star jumps and fitness routines.
Loading article content
They will be in Northgate between 11am and 3pm.
More Darlington News
- Six years jail for 'greedy eyes' fraudster who bought former Prime Minister's home
- Two men arrested after police pursuit through Teesside
- Funding target reached for hometown sculpture honouring Victoria Wood
- Multi-vehicle accident on A66 near Teesside Park
- Volunteers are needed to clean up the streets of Darlington
- Gruelling swim to say thank you to Tiny Lives charity
- VIDEO: Dark Justice for Darlington pervert who arranged to meet 13-year-old girl
- Fight night raises funds for Darlington's next generation of boxing champions
- Flipper’s story to target a new audience
- Darlington Council urged to fight for hospital