For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Police warn of car parts thefts around Darlington
Updated 3:15pm Friday 22nd February 2013 in News
CAR THEFTS: Police in Darlington have warned of an increase in the number of cars being targeted by thieves for parts. The thieves appear to be targeting small Ford and Peugeot vehicles, taking parts such as wing mirrors, wheel trims and bumpers without causing any other damage. Anyone who sees any suspicious activity is asked to call the non-emergency 101 number or 999 if a crime is being committed. Investigating officer DC Phil Collingwood can be contacted on 01325-742274 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
OPEN MIC: The next open mic night for authors, supported by Darlington for Culture, will continue at Voodoo Café, in Skinnergate, Darlington, on Thursday, February 28. The event offers a forum for writers to read their material to an audience. Doors open at 7pm and entry is £3. For more information visit darlingtonforculture.org
JUMBLE SALE: The Clifton Centre, in Clifton Avenue, Darlington, will hold a jumble sale of clothes and bric-a-brac for the local community on Friday, March 1, at 6.30pm. Admission is 20p.
GROUP WALK: The Darlington Ramblers will meet for a seven mile walk around Barnard Castle on Sunday, February 24, at 10.45am. Walkers should meet outside Queen Elizabeth Sixth Form College at 10am or at the Post Office in Barnard Castle for the start of the walk. For more information call 01388-777196.
JAZZ MUSIC: The Just Friends Jazz Quintet will perform at The Forum, in Borough Road, Darlington, on Sunday, February 24, between 6pm and 8pm. Tickets are available on the door.
More Crime News
- Police commissioner backs tougher penalties for using a phone at the wheel
- Police will use the crusher in their fight against illegal off-road bike riding
- Police warning after suspected heroin death in Gateshead
- Man jailed for 25 years for repeated rape and other abuse of two children
- Third arrest over Grangetown firearms incident
- Police making progress to cut costs, say inspectors
- Arrest after man falls to death from cliff in North Yorkshire
- Fresh court hearing for Middlesbrough games counterfeiter
- Police force to provide security at NATO summit and Commonwealth Games
- Train passenger's rucksack stolen
More Darlington News
- More than just a feather in his cap as pigeon takes a breather on Darlington man's head
- Suspended sentence for knife woman tackled by brave Matalan staff in Darlington
- Positive progress in parking row
- Overnight closures for St Cuthbert's Way as construction work continues
- Rugby club to host charity fun day
- Fond farewell as long-serving headteacher steps down
- Darlington college's legal eagles win inaugural 'criminal justice trial' competition
- New regional schools commissioner vows to continue academies revolution
- Looking for a new home for Pumpkin the cat
- Wife of Darlington man convicted of serious assault puts up banners proclaiming his innocence
Comments are closed on this article.