CAR THEFTS: Police in Darlington have warned of an increase in the number of cars being targeted by thieves for parts. The thieves appear to be targeting small Ford and Peugeot vehicles, taking parts such as wing mirrors, wheel trims and bumpers without causing any other damage. Anyone who sees any suspicious activity is asked to call the non-emergency 101 number or 999 if a crime is being committed. Investigating officer DC Phil Collingwood can be contacted on 01325-742274 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
OPEN MIC: The next open mic night for authors, supported by Darlington for Culture, will continue at Voodoo Café, in Skinnergate, Darlington, on Thursday, February 28. The event offers a forum for writers to read their material to an audience. Doors open at 7pm and entry is £3. For more information visit darlingtonforculture.org
JUMBLE SALE: The Clifton Centre, in Clifton Avenue, Darlington, will hold a jumble sale of clothes and bric-a-brac for the local community on Friday, March 1, at 6.30pm. Admission is 20p.
GROUP WALK: The Darlington Ramblers will meet for a seven mile walk around Barnard Castle on Sunday, February 24, at 10.45am. Walkers should meet outside Queen Elizabeth Sixth Form College at 10am or at the Post Office in Barnard Castle for the start of the walk. For more information call 01388-777196.
JAZZ MUSIC: The Just Friends Jazz Quintet will perform at The Forum, in Borough Road, Darlington, on Sunday, February 24, between 6pm and 8pm. Tickets are available on the door.
More Crime News
- Banned driver who flipped car after 100mph police chase with a boy in the car jailed for 12 months
- Why borstal is the way forward
- Watch as thieves smash window and steal three specialist racing bikes in 38 seconds
- Ten charged over drugs and money laundering
- VIDEO: 'Stupid' man clings to car bonnet in his pants at 52mph for a dare
- Motorists who cause deaths by using mobile phones targeted by police in Durham and Cleveland
- Reward for information after masked men tie up elderly couple before robbing them
- Stockton man admits stalking a musician he met on dating website
- Burglar accused of setting fire to disabled woman's home to cover up crime is cleared of causing her death
- Violent and sexual crime rises down to "growing confidence in police", bosses say
More Darlington News
- Arson suspected after fire in Darlington flat - woman arrested
- Darlington Tories launch local election manifesto
- Principal warns of £1.8m of cuts in Darlington College's budget
- Questions over Darlington council leader's decision to "whisk through" £1m budget increase for multi-storey car park
- Police step in to get teddy bear thief recalled to prison after he walked free from court
- Drop in crime expected in Darlington, police commissioner claims
- Looking for love hearts
- Who's your winner of the Omelette Challenge as Darlington mayor takes on Youth MP to promote healthy eating?
- Superheroes descend on Darlington to launch Comic Relief fundraising mission
- Octonauts heading to the North East