CAR THEFTS: Police in Darlington have warned of an increase in the number of cars being targeted by thieves for parts. The thieves appear to be targeting small Ford and Peugeot vehicles, taking parts such as wing mirrors, wheel trims and bumpers without causing any other damage. Anyone who sees any suspicious activity is asked to call the non-emergency 101 number or 999 if a crime is being committed. Investigating officer DC Phil Collingwood can be contacted on 01325-742274 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
OPEN MIC: The next open mic night for authors, supported by Darlington for Culture, will continue at Voodoo Café, in Skinnergate, Darlington, on Thursday, February 28. The event offers a forum for writers to read their material to an audience. Doors open at 7pm and entry is £3. For more information visit darlingtonforculture.org
JUMBLE SALE: The Clifton Centre, in Clifton Avenue, Darlington, will hold a jumble sale of clothes and bric-a-brac for the local community on Friday, March 1, at 6.30pm. Admission is 20p.
GROUP WALK: The Darlington Ramblers will meet for a seven mile walk around Barnard Castle on Sunday, February 24, at 10.45am. Walkers should meet outside Queen Elizabeth Sixth Form College at 10am or at the Post Office in Barnard Castle for the start of the walk. For more information call 01388-777196.
JAZZ MUSIC: The Just Friends Jazz Quintet will perform at The Forum, in Borough Road, Darlington, on Sunday, February 24, between 6pm and 8pm. Tickets are available on the door.
More Crime News
- New body cameras worn to help police gather court evidence
- Man in court charged with manslaughter of his three-month-old baby daughter
- Investigation hubs to speed up justice
- Indian takeaway owner charged with manslaughter after death of man allergic to peanuts
- Durham head Anne Lakey denies indecent assault charges on boy
- Claudia Lawrence murder suspect released
- Former North footballer Clarke Carlisle "clearly still in some trouble" court told
- Social media makeover for police
- Girl, 14, sexually assaulted
- Body cameras issued to all frontline Durham Police officers
More Darlington News
- Spectator killed in crash involving Darlington-born racing driver Jann Mardenborough
- Respected Darlington trader stands for election, promising to bring humanity to politics
- Could top restaurant be set for expansion?
- Students set shining example by cleaning up streets
- Darlington father hits out at agencies after contract cancelled at short notice
- Artist inspires people to look at churches in new way
- Darlington church reveals ambitious expansion plans
- The Voice star urges youngsters to rock at Easter
- Police urge public to report Darlington nuisance bikers
- Jail for Darlington knife man who stabbed girlfriend in the chest