CAR THEFTS: Police in Darlington have warned of an increase in the number of cars being targeted by thieves for parts. The thieves appear to be targeting small Ford and Peugeot vehicles, taking parts such as wing mirrors, wheel trims and bumpers without causing any other damage. Anyone who sees any suspicious activity is asked to call the non-emergency 101 number or 999 if a crime is being committed. Investigating officer DC Phil Collingwood can be contacted on 01325-742274 or by email on email@example.com
OPEN MIC: The next open mic night for authors, supported by Darlington for Culture, will continue at Voodoo Café, in Skinnergate, Darlington, on Thursday, February 28. The event offers a forum for writers to read their material to an audience. Doors open at 7pm and entry is £3. For more information visit darlingtonforculture.org
JUMBLE SALE: The Clifton Centre, in Clifton Avenue, Darlington, will hold a jumble sale of clothes and bric-a-brac for the local community on Friday, March 1, at 6.30pm. Admission is 20p.
GROUP WALK: The Darlington Ramblers will meet for a seven mile walk around Barnard Castle on Sunday, February 24, at 10.45am. Walkers should meet outside Queen Elizabeth Sixth Form College at 10am or at the Post Office in Barnard Castle for the start of the walk. For more information call 01388-777196.
JAZZ MUSIC: The Just Friends Jazz Quintet will perform at The Forum, in Borough Road, Darlington, on Sunday, February 24, between 6pm and 8pm. Tickets are available on the door.
More Crime News
- Acclaimed headteacher Anne Lakey in court accused of historic indecent assault of boy
- Christmas crackdown on shoplifters is netting thieves in Newcastle city centre
- Man attacked with knife in disused Hartlepool car park
- Man charged with murder of his parents in Newcastle
- Man found dead at house in Sunderland - 34-year-old arrested
- Bomb scare Darlington man who threatened to kill police walks free after "nightmare" on remand
- Man charged over alleged rape and sexual assault of teenagers in Sunderland park
- Crime in Darlington is down, says Police and Crime Commissioner
- Police name couple who died in Newcastle as Eric and Carol Ruddy
- Man arrested after teenage girls allegedly raped and sexually assaulted in Sunderland park
More Darlington News
- College choir to perform with Russell Watson after singing contest triumph
- Scrap metal dealer gets suspended prison sentence following Bishop Auckland bar fight
- Darlington councillor asks whether more money could be made from car parking
- Sherlock co-creator Mark Gatiss stuns charity event organisers by doubling funds raised
- Panto stars bring festive cheer to youngsters at Darlington Memorial Hospital
- TV up for grabs in festive draw finale
- North-East school'sConfucius classroom efforts win global accolade
- Early Christmas present for pensioners' group
- Dog of the Month: Can you give bouncy and lively Theo a home?
- Plans to redevelop Blackwell Meadows for Darlington FC and Darlington RFC groundshare submitted to council planners