CAR THEFTS: Police in Darlington have warned of an increase in the number of cars being targeted by thieves for parts. The thieves appear to be targeting small Ford and Peugeot vehicles, taking parts such as wing mirrors, wheel trims and bumpers without causing any other damage. Anyone who sees any suspicious activity is asked to call the non-emergency 101 number or 999 if a crime is being committed. Investigating officer DC Phil Collingwood can be contacted on 01325-742274 or by email on email@example.com
OPEN MIC: The next open mic night for authors, supported by Darlington for Culture, will continue at Voodoo Café, in Skinnergate, Darlington, on Thursday, February 28. The event offers a forum for writers to read their material to an audience. Doors open at 7pm and entry is £3. For more information visit darlingtonforculture.org
JUMBLE SALE: The Clifton Centre, in Clifton Avenue, Darlington, will hold a jumble sale of clothes and bric-a-brac for the local community on Friday, March 1, at 6.30pm. Admission is 20p.
Loading article content
GROUP WALK: The Darlington Ramblers will meet for a seven mile walk around Barnard Castle on Sunday, February 24, at 10.45am. Walkers should meet outside Queen Elizabeth Sixth Form College at 10am or at the Post Office in Barnard Castle for the start of the walk. For more information call 01388-777196.
JAZZ MUSIC: The Just Friends Jazz Quintet will perform at The Forum, in Borough Road, Darlington, on Sunday, February 24, between 6pm and 8pm. Tickets are available on the door.
More Crime News
- Police officer who stood in the path of 'reckless and chaotic' driver is praised for his bravery
- 'Someone could die' - Police warning as rock thrown through windscreen as car driving at 70mph
- Former County Durham man, living in Kent in recent years, jailed for 12 years for raping and indecently assaulting boy
- Firearms offender on way back to prison after week-long search
- Durham Police give update on efforts to tackle rural crime
- Volunteers sought for County Durham project tackling scammers
- Tougher laws sees drop in drivers using mobile phones on North-East roads
- London Terror Attack: North-East boxer tells of sleepless night after witnessing atrocity
- Seven arrested after raids throughout night following London terror attack that left four people dead and 29 injured
- Huge rise in child sex crime reports is 'encouraging' says Vera Baird
More Darlington News
- Mother's anger after son burnt in attack by pupil
- 'Heartbroken' Darlington family appeal for help to find missing French Bulldog, Annie
- Your Vote: Who are Darlington Football Club's greatest-ever players?
- Men arrested after police pursue stolen Land Rover which then crashed
- Petrol-polluted pond sees Darlington volunteers act against anti-social behaviour
- Charity worker retires after 40 years
- Students receive guidance for future at careers fair
- A66 cleared after collision between motorcycle and car in Darlington
- Special, not different: The autistic Darlington teenager making his professional debut as a children's illustrator
- Darlington: Syers saves Darlington despite keeper's debut to forget