CAR THEFTS: Police in Darlington have warned of an increase in the number of cars being targeted by thieves for parts. The thieves appear to be targeting small Ford and Peugeot vehicles, taking parts such as wing mirrors, wheel trims and bumpers without causing any other damage. Anyone who sees any suspicious activity is asked to call the non-emergency 101 number or 999 if a crime is being committed. Investigating officer DC Phil Collingwood can be contacted on 01325-742274 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
OPEN MIC: The next open mic night for authors, supported by Darlington for Culture, will continue at Voodoo Café, in Skinnergate, Darlington, on Thursday, February 28. The event offers a forum for writers to read their material to an audience. Doors open at 7pm and entry is £3. For more information visit darlingtonforculture.org
JUMBLE SALE: The Clifton Centre, in Clifton Avenue, Darlington, will hold a jumble sale of clothes and bric-a-brac for the local community on Friday, March 1, at 6.30pm. Admission is 20p.
Loading article content
GROUP WALK: The Darlington Ramblers will meet for a seven mile walk around Barnard Castle on Sunday, February 24, at 10.45am. Walkers should meet outside Queen Elizabeth Sixth Form College at 10am or at the Post Office in Barnard Castle for the start of the walk. For more information call 01388-777196.
JAZZ MUSIC: The Just Friends Jazz Quintet will perform at The Forum, in Borough Road, Darlington, on Sunday, February 24, between 6pm and 8pm. Tickets are available on the door.
More Crime News
- Convicted child sex offender warned facing "significant sentence" after abusing eight people from same village.
- County Durham men among trio to go before Kent crown court for violent disorder
- "Sextortion" - webcam blackmail warning by police
- Four arrested after car stopped in Bishop Auckland
- Darlington assault victim left brain damaged and disfigured - but attacker will serve just a year in jail
- Convicted paedophile, 73, goes on trial for historic sexual abuse of two girls
- Teesdale and Weardale motorists warned against tricksters
- 30 years - drugs gang jailed for cocaine and cannabis operation
- Paranoid binge drinker jailed after arming himself with knives in Stokesley street row
- Man imprisoned for "cruel and callous" internet stalking of schoolgirls
More Darlington News
- 'We are the champions, we are the champions' - Quakers homecoming celebrations
- Virgin Trains to sponsor Darlington FC next season
- World's oldest quoits club finally accepts women members
- August Bank Holiday weekend targeted for Darlington FC's return home
- Did your MP vote to accept 3,000 Syrian child refugees? Charity says voting to keep them out represents a 'black stain on our history'
- Try our mock SATs Key Stage 1 and 2 tests - could you pass?
- Smiles all round as Darlington Building Society celebrates 160th anniversary
- Bouncers and bar staff to be trained to spot sexual exploitation
- Food festival to feature chilli eating contest
- Healthy results as Darlington Credit Union enjoys bumper year