CAR THEFTS: Police in Darlington have warned of an increase in the number of cars being targeted by thieves for parts. The thieves appear to be targeting small Ford and Peugeot vehicles, taking parts such as wing mirrors, wheel trims and bumpers without causing any other damage. Anyone who sees any suspicious activity is asked to call the non-emergency 101 number or 999 if a crime is being committed. Investigating officer DC Phil Collingwood can be contacted on 01325-742274 or by email on email@example.com
OPEN MIC: The next open mic night for authors, supported by Darlington for Culture, will continue at Voodoo Café, in Skinnergate, Darlington, on Thursday, February 28. The event offers a forum for writers to read their material to an audience. Doors open at 7pm and entry is £3. For more information visit darlingtonforculture.org
JUMBLE SALE: The Clifton Centre, in Clifton Avenue, Darlington, will hold a jumble sale of clothes and bric-a-brac for the local community on Friday, March 1, at 6.30pm. Admission is 20p.
Loading article content
GROUP WALK: The Darlington Ramblers will meet for a seven mile walk around Barnard Castle on Sunday, February 24, at 10.45am. Walkers should meet outside Queen Elizabeth Sixth Form College at 10am or at the Post Office in Barnard Castle for the start of the walk. For more information call 01388-777196.
JAZZ MUSIC: The Just Friends Jazz Quintet will perform at The Forum, in Borough Road, Darlington, on Sunday, February 24, between 6pm and 8pm. Tickets are available on the door.
More Crime News
- Jail for brothers who "tortured" hedgehog and kicked it like a football
- Festive fear for criminals as police warn: ‘We’ll lock you up for Christmas’
- Pensioner, 84, killed following hit-and-run in Coulby Newham car park
- Latest member of tobacco smuggling ring is sentenced
- "Hello, 999? My strawberry has fallen on the floor"
- Consett area police crack down on speeding
- Appeal for information over house break-in
- Cocker Spaniel Dora and her five pups reunited with owner 'thanks to the Great British public!'
- Police issue CCTV images in hotel raid probe
- Judge tells £1m tobacco smuggling gang they are "ripping the heart" out of Treasury coffers
More Darlington News
- Jail for restaurant owner kicked out of premises who took vengeance by setting fire to it
- Traumatised veteran blames campaign of harassment on neighbours causing flashbacks by banging doors
- Darlington murder victim sustained single stab wound
- Man jailed for spitting at police constable in 18th assault against officers
- Generous young Darlington footballers donate festive foodbank feast
- Repairs completed in time for Christmas period in Darlington church
- Residents and businesses come together for own area
- Julie Gowling, 43, remanded in custody following death of Charlene Walker, 36, in Darlington
- 'Gross' neglect of mental health staff contributed to suicide of father-of-two, inquest hears
- A167 near Darlington reopened following rush hour car crash