CAR THEFTS: Police in Darlington have warned of an increase in the number of cars being targeted by thieves for parts. The thieves appear to be targeting small Ford and Peugeot vehicles, taking parts such as wing mirrors, wheel trims and bumpers without causing any other damage. Anyone who sees any suspicious activity is asked to call the non-emergency 101 number or 999 if a crime is being committed. Investigating officer DC Phil Collingwood can be contacted on 01325-742274 or by email on email@example.com
OPEN MIC: The next open mic night for authors, supported by Darlington for Culture, will continue at Voodoo Café, in Skinnergate, Darlington, on Thursday, February 28. The event offers a forum for writers to read their material to an audience. Doors open at 7pm and entry is £3. For more information visit darlingtonforculture.org
JUMBLE SALE: The Clifton Centre, in Clifton Avenue, Darlington, will hold a jumble sale of clothes and bric-a-brac for the local community on Friday, March 1, at 6.30pm. Admission is 20p.
GROUP WALK: The Darlington Ramblers will meet for a seven mile walk around Barnard Castle on Sunday, February 24, at 10.45am. Walkers should meet outside Queen Elizabeth Sixth Form College at 10am or at the Post Office in Barnard Castle for the start of the walk. For more information call 01388-777196.
JAZZ MUSIC: The Just Friends Jazz Quintet will perform at The Forum, in Borough Road, Darlington, on Sunday, February 24, between 6pm and 8pm. Tickets are available on the door.
More Crime News
- Hunt for robber who targeted cash delivery van
- Man hurt in disturbance
- Six charged over 43 house burglaries worth 'tens of thousands'
- Man jailed over street violence in home village
- Police not always recording crime accurately, says official inspector
- Benefit fraud 'paid for home improvements'
- Vulnerable elderly man's home targeted by couple
- Grandfather accused of 1970s abuse of boy described as a "gentleman of good character"
- Six arrested in dawn drug raids across County Durham and Wearside
- Armed robber fled when store owner threw newspapers at him
More Darlington News
- Drama after best friend gives birth outside the wedding venue
- Darlington man threw bottle which injured former girlfriend
- Theatre festival Jabberwocky Market returns to Darlington with a new line-up
- Dog of the Month: Nelson the lurcher
- Lancaster repair work 'progressing' – but another event cancelled
- Voting opens for Darlington in Bloom online competition
- Last Blues in the Park event of the season
- Improvement works on Echo building in Darlington
- Engineers hope that iconic Lancaster will be airborne by Tuesday after engine repairs
- Great North Air Ambulance lands in Darlington town centre