A PRESTIGIOUS hospitality awards ceremony is taking place in the North-East for the first time in its 27 year history.
The Acorn Awards, whose past winners include Gary Rhodes and Marco Pierre White, will be held at Rockliffe Hall in Hurworth near Darlington this June.
The awards honour exceptional people under 30 in the hotels, restaurants and contract catering industry and are organised by the Caterer and Hotelkeeper magazine.
Previous ceremonies have taken place in exclusive venues such as Bovey Castle in Devon and the Malmaison in Oxford, and the managing director of Rockliffe Hall, Nick Holmes, is delighted to have enticed the event’s organisers up north.
He said: “It’s quite a coup to attract these awards as hundreds of people- including some well-known faces- attend the ceremony.
“We’re constantly working to bring important events to the North East, having hosted prestigious names such as Sabic, the FA, EE and Team GB in the last year alone.”
Caterer and Hotelkeeper group editor, Mark Lewis, said: “We’re certain that Rockliffe Hall will provide a suitably aspirational backdrop to these prestigious awards.”
More Darlington News
- Sunday opening hours piloted at Darlington Post Office delivery office
- A case of here comes the baby as best friend gives birth outside Darlington wedding venue
- Darlington man threw bottle which injured former girlfriend
- Theatre festival Jabberwocky Market returns to Darlington with a new line-up
- Dog of the Month: Nelson the lurcher
- Lancaster repair work 'progressing' – but another event cancelled
- Voting opens for Darlington in Bloom online competition
- Last Blues in the Park event of the season
- Improvement works on Echo building in Darlington
- Engineers hope that iconic Lancaster will be airborne by Tuesday after engine repairs