A PRESTIGIOUS hospitality awards ceremony is taking place in the North-East for the first time in its 27 year history.
The Acorn Awards, whose past winners include Gary Rhodes and Marco Pierre White, will be held at Rockliffe Hall in Hurworth near Darlington this June.
The awards honour exceptional people under 30 in the hotels, restaurants and contract catering industry and are organised by the Caterer and Hotelkeeper magazine.
Loading article content
Previous ceremonies have taken place in exclusive venues such as Bovey Castle in Devon and the Malmaison in Oxford, and the managing director of Rockliffe Hall, Nick Holmes, is delighted to have enticed the event’s organisers up north.
He said: “It’s quite a coup to attract these awards as hundreds of people- including some well-known faces- attend the ceremony.
“We’re constantly working to bring important events to the North East, having hosted prestigious names such as Sabic, the FA, EE and Team GB in the last year alone.”
Caterer and Hotelkeeper group editor, Mark Lewis, said: “We’re certain that Rockliffe Hall will provide a suitably aspirational backdrop to these prestigious awards.”
More Darlington News
- Darlington: 'We need to find out which direction the club is going in,' says Gray
- Report: Salford City 5 Darlington 1
- LIVE: Salford City v Darlington
- Darlington: Quakers conclude their season at Salford City
- Invitation to all to pay respects at funeral of much-loved teacher
- Community and policing matters discussed at the heart of Darlington
- Kidney donation to brother leads to Darlington head teacher tackling Great North Run to help others
- From accessible playgrounds to debates with politicians, charity's young leaders are making a difference
- Video: Woman injured in three-car accident in Darlington
- Darlington: Gray wants to build team around Beck