A PRESTIGIOUS hospitality awards ceremony is taking place in the North-East for the first time in its 27 year history.
The Acorn Awards, whose past winners include Gary Rhodes and Marco Pierre White, will be held at Rockliffe Hall in Hurworth near Darlington this June.
The awards honour exceptional people under 30 in the hotels, restaurants and contract catering industry and are organised by the Caterer and Hotelkeeper magazine.
Previous ceremonies have taken place in exclusive venues such as Bovey Castle in Devon and the Malmaison in Oxford, and the managing director of Rockliffe Hall, Nick Holmes, is delighted to have enticed the event’s organisers up north.
He said: “It’s quite a coup to attract these awards as hundreds of people- including some well-known faces- attend the ceremony.
“We’re constantly working to bring important events to the North East, having hosted prestigious names such as Sabic, the FA, EE and Team GB in the last year alone.”
Caterer and Hotelkeeper group editor, Mark Lewis, said: “We’re certain that Rockliffe Hall will provide a suitably aspirational backdrop to these prestigious awards.”
More Darlington News
- Motorist jailed for 18 months for "grossly misjudged" overtaking manoeuvre
- Family call to action over loss of loved pet
- Countdown begins for grand opening of £1.6m Darlington nightspot
- Trial of men accused of beating child rapist hears details of attack
- Retirement home plans for former Darlington preparatory school to go on display
- Shop donation boosts spiritual garden plan
- Careers Market at Darlington College
- Heroin addict supplied drugs to 'ill' undercover police officer
- Cheers! Darlington pub brewing its own beer
- New partnership will benefit hospice