A PRESTIGIOUS hospitality awards ceremony is taking place in the North-East for the first time in its 27 year history.
The Acorn Awards, whose past winners include Gary Rhodes and Marco Pierre White, will be held at Rockliffe Hall in Hurworth near Darlington this June.
The awards honour exceptional people under 30 in the hotels, restaurants and contract catering industry and are organised by the Caterer and Hotelkeeper magazine.
Loading article content
Previous ceremonies have taken place in exclusive venues such as Bovey Castle in Devon and the Malmaison in Oxford, and the managing director of Rockliffe Hall, Nick Holmes, is delighted to have enticed the event’s organisers up north.
He said: “It’s quite a coup to attract these awards as hundreds of people- including some well-known faces- attend the ceremony.
“We’re constantly working to bring important events to the North East, having hosted prestigious names such as Sabic, the FA, EE and Team GB in the last year alone.”
Caterer and Hotelkeeper group editor, Mark Lewis, said: “We’re certain that Rockliffe Hall will provide a suitably aspirational backdrop to these prestigious awards.”
More Darlington News
- Darlington man fined after high-speed police chase ended with one man being Tasered
- Darlington mother avoids jail after leaving her children to freeze on Christmas Eve
- New American Diner in Darlington offers humongous States-style culinary challenges to North-East food fans
- Budget cuts will increase flytipping of dead animals, councillor warns
- Accident outside Blackwell Grange Hotel in Darlington
- Darlington paedophile sobs as he’s sent to prison
- 10,000 tickets already sold for Skylive Airshow at Durham Tees Valley Airport
- 'Couch-potato' dad to take on Three Peaks challenge to help son who suffers with muscle-wasting disease
- Lingfield Point workers can take a ‘faxi’ to work
- Darlington Harriers celebrate 125th anniversary