A PRESTIGIOUS hospitality awards ceremony is taking place in the North-East for the first time in its 27 year history.
The Acorn Awards, whose past winners include Gary Rhodes and Marco Pierre White, will be held at Rockliffe Hall in Hurworth near Darlington this June.
The awards honour exceptional people under 30 in the hotels, restaurants and contract catering industry and are organised by the Caterer and Hotelkeeper magazine.
Previous ceremonies have taken place in exclusive venues such as Bovey Castle in Devon and the Malmaison in Oxford, and the managing director of Rockliffe Hall, Nick Holmes, is delighted to have enticed the event’s organisers up north.
He said: “It’s quite a coup to attract these awards as hundreds of people- including some well-known faces- attend the ceremony.
“We’re constantly working to bring important events to the North East, having hosted prestigious names such as Sabic, the FA, EE and Team GB in the last year alone.”
Caterer and Hotelkeeper group editor, Mark Lewis, said: “We’re certain that Rockliffe Hall will provide a suitably aspirational backdrop to these prestigious awards.”
More Darlington News
- 'Revenge porn' photos of Darlington 'love-cheat' woman sent to friends and family by phone hacker lover
- Free ale offer for kin of Durham's Waterloo men
- New headteacher for Cockerton Primary School
- Private landlord fined after leaving mother with three young children without heating over winter
- Children commemorate the Great War through learning poetry
- Dogs Trust offers free neutering for lurchers as numbers of abandoned animals continues to grow
- Burglars kick hole in back door of house to steal mountain bike they later dumped
- Brave abuse victim tells court of abuse
- Darlington UKIP candidate pledges to stop "appalling waste" of UK resources
- Cider carrying thief stole holdall containing teddy bears used to teach first aid to children during car break-in