A PRESTIGIOUS hospitality awards ceremony is taking place in the North-East for the first time in its 27 year history.
The Acorn Awards, whose past winners include Gary Rhodes and Marco Pierre White, will be held at Rockliffe Hall in Hurworth near Darlington this June.
The awards honour exceptional people under 30 in the hotels, restaurants and contract catering industry and are organised by the Caterer and Hotelkeeper magazine.
Previous ceremonies have taken place in exclusive venues such as Bovey Castle in Devon and the Malmaison in Oxford, and the managing director of Rockliffe Hall, Nick Holmes, is delighted to have enticed the event’s organisers up north.
He said: “It’s quite a coup to attract these awards as hundreds of people- including some well-known faces- attend the ceremony.
“We’re constantly working to bring important events to the North East, having hosted prestigious names such as Sabic, the FA, EE and Team GB in the last year alone.”
Caterer and Hotelkeeper group editor, Mark Lewis, said: “We’re certain that Rockliffe Hall will provide a suitably aspirational backdrop to these prestigious awards.”
More Darlington News
- Sex-accused scout leader 'never alone' with alleged victim
- Minister demands answers after airport drops safety-related objections to wind turbines after striking £10,000 deal with developer
- Construction work on schedule for Department for Education staff to move to Darlington town centre in the new year
- Schools rugby teams take part in tournament
- Performing arts academy proves a hit in first term
- Uncle Doom and his Piano of Gloom set to bring Halloween chills to Darlington shopping centre
- Chance to research First World War heritage
- Darlington set for new retail park with an Aldi, Iceland and KFC
- Chance to help fund multi-million pound steam engine project
- Woman caught trying to steal condom machine armed with shopping trolley to haul it away