For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Police confirm body is missing North Yorkshire woman, Barbara Colling
NORTH Yorkshire Police has confirmed that the body found on Hawnby Moor on Wednesday is that of missing woman, Barbara Colling.
Mrs Colling had not been seen since Monday, January 28 after setting out on a walk and was last seen in the area of the B1257 at Abbotts Hagg, near the Rievaulx turn off.
An intensive search, involving North Yorkshire Police, mountain rescue and members of the public was launched in an attempt to find her.
Her body was found by a member of the public at 10.45am yesterday.
"Although formal identification has taken place, the inquest is not expected to be opened and adjourned until early next week," a spokesman said.
More Ryedale News
- Conservative MP calls for "national debate" on fracking
- Show success at Ryedale
- Fracking protection for national parks welcomed
- Wonderful world of children's books
- The name of the rose
- Railway takes to the road with classic cars
- Probe launched after body found
- Poster row after charity events placard replaced
- Mill in running for restoration award
- Disney dreams of ill toddler touches local hearts
More North York Moors News
- Woman critical after going missing for five hours after North York Moors horse fall
- Campaigners fear for future of isolated moorland disabled community after trust announces radical changes for carers
- Special train to storyland on the North York Moors
- RAF rescue paraglider after escarpment crash
- Three companies unite to create sloe gin truffle ice cream - believed to be a world-first
- Volunteers help restore moors bus service
- Environmental groups call on Government to help arrest global warming
- Former national park ranger jailed over child sex offences
- French heritage anniversary to coincide with Tour de France arrival
- Peat project saves the equivalent of 10,000 football pitches
Comments are closed on this article.