NORTH Yorkshire Police has confirmed that the body found on Hawnby Moor on Wednesday is that of missing woman, Barbara Colling.
Mrs Colling had not been seen since Monday, January 28 after setting out on a walk and was last seen in the area of the B1257 at Abbotts Hagg, near the Rievaulx turn off.
An intensive search, involving North Yorkshire Police, mountain rescue and members of the public was launched in an attempt to find her.
Her body was found by a member of the public at 10.45am yesterday.
"Although formal identification has taken place, the inquest is not expected to be opened and adjourned until early next week," a spokesman said.
More Ryedale News
- Indian restaurant staff fear for lives after firebombing
- Fairytale wedding celebrations for Asia's 'King of Pop' Jay Chou and Australian model Hannah Quinlivan at Castle Howard
- Paloma Faith to perform in North York Moors forest
- Man's body found in woods near Scarborough
- Businesses unit under new umbrella
- Korean veterans to lay up their national standard
- Food producers invited to become part of big foodie event
- Dementia charity appeals for singers and musicians
- Mother admits trying to pass drugs to inmate son on prison visit
- Pubwatch scheme revived in an attempt to reduce crime
More North York Moors News
- Campaigners enlist lawyer to pursue harassment claims
- Bikes worth thousands stolen in raid
- Grants see restoration of key North York Moors national park features
- £1m burning ambition to expose untold story of moors moves closer to reality
- Hoax caller put lives at risk in North Yorkshire, say police
- From pints of beer mighty oaks grow...
- Centuries-old almshouses restored at cost of £1m
- For those who 'couldn't organise a p***-up in a brewery' - let this company do it for you for just £50,000
- Shooting estate owner fined £20,000 over death of great grandfather
- Cash-strapped national park appeals for online donations