NORTH Yorkshire Police has confirmed that the body found on Hawnby Moor on Wednesday is that of missing woman, Barbara Colling.
Mrs Colling had not been seen since Monday, January 28 after setting out on a walk and was last seen in the area of the B1257 at Abbotts Hagg, near the Rievaulx turn off.
An intensive search, involving North Yorkshire Police, mountain rescue and members of the public was launched in an attempt to find her.
Her body was found by a member of the public at 10.45am yesterday.
"Although formal identification has taken place, the inquest is not expected to be opened and adjourned until early next week," a spokesman said.
More Ryedale News
- Grant for development expected to create 500 agriculture jobs
- Laura plans to pedal al the way to Istanbul in solo charity effort
- Moors brewery to treble production in £1.3m venture
- Sheepdog Ella gives a helping paw to apprentice farmer Sam
- Indian restaurant staff fear for lives after firebombing
- Fairytale wedding celebrations for Asia's 'King of Pop' Jay Chou and Australian model Hannah Quinlivan at Castle Howard
- Paloma Faith to perform in North York Moors forest
- Man's body found in woods near Scarborough
- Businesses unit under new umbrella
- Korean veterans to lay up their national standard
More North York Moors News
- Parents of Botton village resident appeal for open meeting with management to reassure them about its future
- Forest running challenge - by candelight
- Fracking campaigners hail Government 'U-turn' over environmental safeguards
- Cafe aimed at helping those with dementia
- Major boost for coastal villages
- Campaigners enlist lawyer to pursue harassment claims
- Bikes worth thousands stolen in raid
- Grants see restoration of key North York Moors national park features
- £1m burning ambition to expose untold story of moors moves closer to reality
- Hoax caller put lives at risk in North Yorkshire, say police