For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Youth in court accused of blinding man in one eye
A TEENAGER has been remanded into youth custody accused of blinding a man in his right eye.
The 17-year-old allegedly hit the man, who is aged about 40, twice with the bar from the roof rack of a car.
The attack is said to have happened late on January 12 on Edward Terrace in New Kyo, Stanley, County Durham.
Peterlee magistrates sitting today (Thursday, February 14) heard the injured man suffered a shattered eye socket, fractured cheekbone and the loss of sight in his right eye.
A boy, from the Stanley area, has been charged with inflicting grievous bodily harm with intent and possession of an offensive weapon.
No pleas have been entered but Dave Malone, representing the youth indicated that they would be not guilty and the matter would be heard at trial.
An application for bail was refused and the case is back at the court on February 28 for committal to Durham Crown Court.
More Crime News
- Darlington man who took up drug dealing in his 40s is jailed for three years
- Drug dealer who peddled Class A drugs from home is jailed
- Cruel farmworker walks free despite breaching animal banning order
- Shakespeare fantasist removed from 'suicide watch' two weeks before killing himself
- Praise for air ambulance after man accidentally sets his head on fire
- Former footballer jailed after selling drugs to pay off gambling debts
- Knife-wielding burglar lashed out 'Ninja style' to free girlfriend from have-a-go hero
- Computer expert seeks help to change behaviour which led to him downloading sickening images
- Crowbar wielding robbers subject family to terrifying ordeal
- Stockton sex offender jailed after failing to tell police he stayed at woman's home
Comments are closed on this article.