For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Youth in court accused of blinding man in one eye
A TEENAGER has been remanded into youth custody accused of blinding a man in his right eye.
The 17-year-old allegedly hit the man, who is aged about 40, twice with the bar from the roof rack of a car.
The attack is said to have happened late on January 12 on Edward Terrace in New Kyo, Stanley, County Durham.
Peterlee magistrates sitting today (Thursday, February 14) heard the injured man suffered a shattered eye socket, fractured cheekbone and the loss of sight in his right eye.
A boy, from the Stanley area, has been charged with inflicting grievous bodily harm with intent and possession of an offensive weapon.
No pleas have been entered but Dave Malone, representing the youth indicated that they would be not guilty and the matter would be heard at trial.
An application for bail was refused and the case is back at the court on February 28 for committal to Durham Crown Court.
More Crime News
- Police trying to trace owner of motorbike involved in collision in Hartlepool
- Judge cuts jail sentence on woman who supplied drugs to man before he died
- Motorists warned about motorbike riding bag snatchers
- Drug addict jailed after nursing home burglary
- New people come forward in hunt for missing Claudia
- Anti-crime meetings in Shildon believed to be under threat are to continue
- Man denies indecent assault charge
- Man cleared of killing Pc Keith Blakelock gives first interview since trial verdict
- Benefits cheat who was filmed playing for his local cricket team set to lose house so he can repay the cash
- Judge issues warning to 'pain relief'' cannabis smokers
Comments are closed on this article.