A WOMAN has been spared jail despite being caught with drugs four months after receiving a suspended sentence for dealing.
Gemma Brady threw amphetamine and cannabis out of a window during a raid by police at her home in Thorndyke Avenue, Grove Hill, Middlesbrough, on July 25 last year, prosecutor Emma Atkinson told Teesside Crown Court.
The 27-year-old had previously been sentenced in March to nine months jail, suspended for two years, after she was convicted of possessing crack cocaine and diamorphine with intent to supply.
Brady's barrister Paul Abrahams claimed she no longer took drugs and the best way to deal with her was to further work with her in the community, rather than immediately jailing her.
Judge Tony Briggs agreed, saying she would not receive support if imprisoned and then released.
He suspended a six month jail sentence on her for two years and said she would be supervised for a year.
Brady, who admitted possession of amphetamine and cannabis, was also ordered to do 40 hours unpaid work.
More Crime News
- Families vital for prisoner rehabilitation
- Takeaway customer who was challenged to a fight appears in court for kicking man in head
- New special constables to be unveiled in Durham this month
- Police forces team up to crackdown on rural crime
- Man charged with murder in Willington as police name victim
- Overturned van on A66 had been involved in high speed chase, police believe
- Residents speak of shock after man's body found in Willington
- International drugs gang jailed after £55m haul seized from North Yorkshire warehouse
- Inmate hospitalised after unrest at Holme House Prison, Stockton
- Prison breakout accused had previous conviction for escaping custody
More Middlesbrough News
- Chemical alert as eight fire crews called to blaze at Teesport
- Man convicted of unlawful wounding after dog attack
- Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder
- Drug addict jailed for 'third strike' burglary
- Teenage woman robbed in Middlesbrough
- Firm fined for running illegal recycling site
- Rugby club given boost by building society support
- 107-year-old dream becomes reality at famous landmark
- Man arrested during National Crime Agency drugs and money laundering raids in Stockton
- Student's industrial paintings given to youth centre