EXTRA tickets for a star-studded show in memory of Sir Bobby Robson are going on sale.
Sir Bobby Robson – A Celebration will be held at The Sage Gateshead on Monday (February 18), on what would have been the former Newcastle manager's 80th birthday, to raise money for The Alan Shearer Foundation and Sir Bobby Robson Foundation.
Hosted by Jim Rosenthal and former Lindiosfarne singer Billy Mitchell, the star-studded line up on now includes Russell Watson, Alistair McGowan, Peter Brewis, of Field Music, with The Cornshed Sisters, Paul Smith, of Maximo Park, Ruby Turner, Faryl Smith, Scarlett Street and Ben Ottewell.
Loading article content
Already announced performers are Mark Knopfler, Joe McElderry, the Northern Sinfonia, Orchestra of The Sage Gateshead, The Unthanks, Simon Day and Paul Whitehouse.
New additions also include Tottenham Hotspur manager Andre Villas-Boas, who will be sharing his special memories of Sir Bobby from his time at Porto.
England manager Roy Hodgson is unable to attend, but he will be replaced by England Under-21 manager Stuart Pearce, who will be recalling the memorable and emotional night in Turin when Robson's England nearly reached the Italia 90 World Cup final.
Lady Elsie Robson said: “It’s going to be a wonderful night of music, football and comedy and no doubt a lot of very happy memories.”
Tickets sold out within hours in October but the first of a limited number of seats originally set aside for production purposes will go on sale tomorrow (Thursday, February 14), priced £75.
More may be released for sale closer to the event. See www.thesagegateshead.org or call 0191-443-4661 for details.
More Tyne & Wear News
- Cycling boost leaves a lasting legacy to region
- Soldier killed in live-firing exercise in North-East named as Pte Colin McPherson from near Glasgow
- Corbyn walked past empty seats before making video sat on floor saying train 'ram-packed' , says Virgin
- Brave Kacie is an inspiration in Great North Run for paramedic Marie
- Soldier shot dead during training exercise in Northumberland
- Climber airlifted after falling 50ft from Northumberland crag
- Three men arrested over rape of woman - police appeal for information
- Boy, 8, fighting for life after being hit by car in North Shields
- North-East researchers take part in most in-depth Alzheimer's study which aims to detect disease from the way people walk
- Newcastle MP in race bias jibe at Corbyn over Labour frontbench reshuffle