EXTRA tickets for a star-studded show in memory of Sir Bobby Robson are going on sale.
Sir Bobby Robson – A Celebration will be held at The Sage Gateshead on Monday (February 18), on what would have been the former Newcastle manager's 80th birthday, to raise money for The Alan Shearer Foundation and Sir Bobby Robson Foundation.
Hosted by Jim Rosenthal and former Lindiosfarne singer Billy Mitchell, the star-studded line up on now includes Russell Watson, Alistair McGowan, Peter Brewis, of Field Music, with The Cornshed Sisters, Paul Smith, of Maximo Park, Ruby Turner, Faryl Smith, Scarlett Street and Ben Ottewell.
Loading article content
Already announced performers are Mark Knopfler, Joe McElderry, the Northern Sinfonia, Orchestra of The Sage Gateshead, The Unthanks, Simon Day and Paul Whitehouse.
New additions also include Tottenham Hotspur manager Andre Villas-Boas, who will be sharing his special memories of Sir Bobby from his time at Porto.
England manager Roy Hodgson is unable to attend, but he will be replaced by England Under-21 manager Stuart Pearce, who will be recalling the memorable and emotional night in Turin when Robson's England nearly reached the Italia 90 World Cup final.
Lady Elsie Robson said: “It’s going to be a wonderful night of music, football and comedy and no doubt a lot of very happy memories.”
Tickets sold out within hours in October but the first of a limited number of seats originally set aside for production purposes will go on sale tomorrow (Thursday, February 14), priced £75.
More may be released for sale closer to the event. See www.thesagegateshead.org or call 0191-443-4661 for details.
More Tyne & Wear News
- WATCH: Moment couple are rescued from roof of car as tide rises
- Six held in immigration raids
- Giant Greggs pasty shaped collection box could be used in battle against beggars, says councillor
- Three arrested after lunchtime brawl in city centre
- Long-standing Sports Direct chief executive Dave Forsey quits retailer - Mike Ashley to replace him
- Friday, September 23, 2016: Traffic updates from the region's roads
- Northumbria police officer filmed driving while on phone in Car Wars show donates £100 to charity
- Jet2 ban six passengers drinking 'illicit alcohol' on Newcastle to Tenerife flight
- Lorry crash causes seven mile tailbacks on A19 during morning rush hour
- Amazing collection of 1200 teapots amassed by man who never touched tea going up for auction