For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
More tickets for Sir Bobby show
2:18pm Wednesday 13th February 2013 in News
EXTRA tickets for a star-studded show in memory of Sir Bobby Robson are going on sale.
Sir Bobby Robson – A Celebration will be held at The Sage Gateshead on Monday (February 18), on what would have been the former Newcastle manager's 80th birthday, to raise money for The Alan Shearer Foundation and Sir Bobby Robson Foundation.
Hosted by Jim Rosenthal and former Lindiosfarne singer Billy Mitchell, the star-studded line up on now includes Russell Watson, Alistair McGowan, Peter Brewis, of Field Music, with The Cornshed Sisters, Paul Smith, of Maximo Park, Ruby Turner, Faryl Smith, Scarlett Street and Ben Ottewell.
Already announced performers are Mark Knopfler, Joe McElderry, the Northern Sinfonia, Orchestra of The Sage Gateshead, The Unthanks, Simon Day and Paul Whitehouse.
New additions also include Tottenham Hotspur manager Andre Villas-Boas, who will be sharing his special memories of Sir Bobby from his time at Porto.
England manager Roy Hodgson is unable to attend, but he will be replaced by England Under-21 manager Stuart Pearce, who will be recalling the memorable and emotional night in Turin when Robson's England nearly reached the Italia 90 World Cup final.
Lady Elsie Robson said: “It’s going to be a wonderful night of music, football and comedy and no doubt a lot of very happy memories.”
Tickets sold out within hours in October but the first of a limited number of seats originally set aside for production purposes will go on sale tomorrow (Thursday, February 14), priced £75.
More may be released for sale closer to the event. See www.thesagegateshead.org or call 0191-443-4661 for details.
More Tyne & Wear News
- Women run to aid the fight against cancer
- The Sultan of Swing rocks his hometown
- Fishburn couple flooded for the third time after heavy rain hits the North-East
- Woman raped in early hours attack
- Engineering boss faces prospect of jail following conviction of manslaughter of worker
- Nissan to host extreme motor sport day
- Service to welcome Lindisfarne Gospels home
- New bus service for Durham Heritage Coast unveiled
- Rod Stewart announces North-East concert