A MAN charged with attempting to murder his partner has been remanded in custody by a judge.
The defendant was arrested and charged after the 34-year-old woman was found with head and facial injuries following an incident in Danby Dale Avenue, Redcar.
A plea and directions hearing is set to take place at the court on April 16.
More Crime News
- Man, 60, released from hospital after being stabbed during attempted robbery
- Women threatened by knifeman
- Concerns raised over police helicopter rapid response cover
- Police release photo of man they need to speak to following Newcastle rape
- Robbie Savage feared being accosted on public transport if he lost licence for 99mph speeding offence in North Yorkshire
- Claudia Lawrence investigator says he's focusing on current investigation after previous inquiries criticised
- Jimmy Savile "licked nurse's hand" during visit to North-East hospital
- Claudia Lawrence search reveals no clues - but detectives feel latest lead significant
- Nine Savile abuse complaints ignored
- Police helicopter supporters make impassioned pleas for service to survive