A YOUNG actress is using her skills to encourage others to follow in her footsteps by launching her own stage school.
Madeline Clark has teamed up with Redcar and Cleveland Enterprise Team to start Clarks Theatrical Arts which is aimed at youngsters aged seven to 16.
The former Stockton Riverside College student, who studied musical theatre and media, has designed a series of workshops which encourage youngsters to hone their drama skills.
She said: “It’s all about having fun while learning the techniques they will need should they want to enter the industry, most of the time they won’t even realise they are learning.”
Her business plan focuses on the development of a curriculum, and a team of drama teachers will help deliver the lesson plans.
“I already had my business plan when I went to see the Enterprise Team, and since that first meeting they’ve helped every step of the way,” she said.
Clarks Theatrical Arts is holding sessions every Tuesday night at New Marske Church Hall for those aged seven to 16.
For more information check out the website www.clarkstheatricalarts.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
More Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council News
- Six charged over 43 house burglaries worth 'tens of thousands'
- Man jailed over street violence in home village
- Police not always recording crime accurately, says official inspector
- Benefit fraud 'paid for home improvements'
- Vulnerable elderly man's home targeted by couple
- Grandfather accused of 1970s abuse of boy described as a "gentleman of good character"
- Six arrested in dawn drug raids across County Durham and Wearside
- Armed robber fled when store owner threw newspapers at him
- Teenager threatened with knife during Newton Aycliffe off licence robbery
- Suspended sentence for lorry driver who hit and killed Darlington cyclist