A YOUNG actress is using her skills to encourage others to follow in her footsteps by launching her own stage school.
Madeline Clark has teamed up with Redcar and Cleveland Enterprise Team to start Clarks Theatrical Arts which is aimed at youngsters aged seven to 16.
The former Stockton Riverside College student, who studied musical theatre and media, has designed a series of workshops which encourage youngsters to hone their drama skills.
She said: “It’s all about having fun while learning the techniques they will need should they want to enter the industry, most of the time they won’t even realise they are learning.”
Her business plan focuses on the development of a curriculum, and a team of drama teachers will help deliver the lesson plans.
“I already had my business plan when I went to see the Enterprise Team, and since that first meeting they’ve helped every step of the way,” she said.
Clarks Theatrical Arts is holding sessions every Tuesday night at New Marske Church Hall for those aged seven to 16.
For more information check out the website www.clarkstheatricalarts.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
More Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council News
- New body cameras worn to help police gather court evidence
- Man in court charged with manslaughter of his three-month-old baby daughter
- Investigation hubs to speed up justice
- Indian takeaway owner charged with manslaughter after death of man allergic to peanuts
- Durham head Anne Lakey denies indecent assault charges on boy
- Claudia Lawrence murder suspect released
- Former North footballer Clarke Carlisle "clearly still in some trouble" court told
- Social media makeover for police
- Girl, 14, sexually assaulted
- Body cameras issued to all frontline Durham Police officers