A YOUNG actress is using her skills to encourage others to follow in her footsteps by launching her own stage school.
Madeline Clark has teamed up with Redcar and Cleveland Enterprise Team to start Clarks Theatrical Arts which is aimed at youngsters aged seven to 16.
Loading article content
The former Stockton Riverside College student, who studied musical theatre and media, has designed a series of workshops which encourage youngsters to hone their drama skills.
She said: “It’s all about having fun while learning the techniques they will need should they want to enter the industry, most of the time they won’t even realise they are learning.”
Her business plan focuses on the development of a curriculum, and a team of drama teachers will help deliver the lesson plans.
“I already had my business plan when I went to see the Enterprise Team, and since that first meeting they’ve helped every step of the way,” she said.
Clarks Theatrical Arts is holding sessions every Tuesday night at New Marske Church Hall for those aged seven to 16.
For more information check out the website www.clarkstheatricalarts.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
More Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council News
- Cocker Spaniel Dora and her five pups reunited with owner 'thanks to the Great British public!'
- Police issue CCTV images in hotel raid probe
- Judge tells £1m tobacco smuggling gang they are "ripping the heart" out of Treasury coffers
- 12-year-old sought after woman punched in face in Hartlepool
- Cleveland PCC urges slavery victims to use helpline
- Drink and drug-drive awareness campaign launched in conjunction with The Keys in Yarm
- UPDATED: Store worker thwarts knifeman who tried to rob Darlington Post Office
- Teenager threatened by man wielding broken bottle
- North Yorkshire Police join probe into allegations of abuse within football
- Free bells on offer to cut crime