A YOUNG actress is using her skills to encourage others to follow in her footsteps by launching her own stage school.
Madeline Clark has teamed up with Redcar and Cleveland Enterprise Team to start Clarks Theatrical Arts which is aimed at youngsters aged seven to 16.
Loading article content
The former Stockton Riverside College student, who studied musical theatre and media, has designed a series of workshops which encourage youngsters to hone their drama skills.
She said: “It’s all about having fun while learning the techniques they will need should they want to enter the industry, most of the time they won’t even realise they are learning.”
Her business plan focuses on the development of a curriculum, and a team of drama teachers will help deliver the lesson plans.
“I already had my business plan when I went to see the Enterprise Team, and since that first meeting they’ve helped every step of the way,” she said.
Clarks Theatrical Arts is holding sessions every Tuesday night at New Marske Church Hall for those aged seven to 16.
For more information check out the website www.clarkstheatricalarts.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
More Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council News
- WATCH: Woman insisted she was not driving speeding car despite video footage of her behind the wheel
- Man in court over alleged knifepoint robbery of pensioner
- Pensioner punched and robbed in his own home by man wearing 'clown mask'
- WATCH: Drink and drug driver speeds through city centre before crash which killed his teenage passenger
- Jail for 'lunatic' driver who nearly killed pedestrian just hours after being banned from roads
- Do you recognise these suspects caught on CCTV?
- Police hunt knife-wielding mugger after attempted robbery on Stockton street
- Keen walker now virtually house-bound after being mowed down by disqualified driver
- Public schoolboy exchanged naked phone photos with girl, 14
- Lucky escape after high performance car bought hours earlier involved in crash