A YOUNG actress is using her skills to encourage others to follow in her footsteps by launching her own stage school.
Madeline Clark has teamed up with Redcar and Cleveland Enterprise Team to start Clarks Theatrical Arts which is aimed at youngsters aged seven to 16.
The former Stockton Riverside College student, who studied musical theatre and media, has designed a series of workshops which encourage youngsters to hone their drama skills.
She said: “It’s all about having fun while learning the techniques they will need should they want to enter the industry, most of the time they won’t even realise they are learning.”
Her business plan focuses on the development of a curriculum, and a team of drama teachers will help deliver the lesson plans.
“I already had my business plan when I went to see the Enterprise Team, and since that first meeting they’ve helped every step of the way,” she said.
Clarks Theatrical Arts is holding sessions every Tuesday night at New Marske Church Hall for those aged seven to 16.
For more information check out the website www.clarkstheatricalarts.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
More Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council News
- Drivers who rack up more than 12 points allowed to continue driving
- Police arrest suspected computer hacker after attack on force website
- Police boss Ronn Hogg welcomes drug misuse report
- Artist's impression issued of suspect in sex assault of 12-year-old girl
- Updated police plan for North Yorkshire outlines top priorities
- Search for attempted murder victim's car
- North Yorkshire Police hold a gun and ammunition amnesty
- Appeal as armed robber with painted face threatens cashier with knife
- Police issue warning over telephone fraudsters
- Criminals get lessons .... in crime