A YOUNG actress is using her skills to encourage others to follow in her footsteps by launching her own stage school.
Madeline Clark has teamed up with Redcar and Cleveland Enterprise Team to start Clarks Theatrical Arts which is aimed at youngsters aged seven to 16.
The former Stockton Riverside College student, who studied musical theatre and media, has designed a series of workshops which encourage youngsters to hone their drama skills.
She said: “It’s all about having fun while learning the techniques they will need should they want to enter the industry, most of the time they won’t even realise they are learning.”
Her business plan focuses on the development of a curriculum, and a team of drama teachers will help deliver the lesson plans.
“I already had my business plan when I went to see the Enterprise Team, and since that first meeting they’ve helped every step of the way,” she said.
Clarks Theatrical Arts is holding sessions every Tuesday night at New Marske Church Hall for those aged seven to 16.
For more information check out the website www.clarkstheatricalarts.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
More Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council News
- New special constables to be unveiled in Durham this month
- Police forces team up to crackdown on rural crime
- Man charged with murder in Willington as police name victim
- Overturned van on A66 had been involved in high speed chase, police believe
- Residents speak of shock after man's body found in Willington
- International drugs gang jailed after £55m haul seized from North Yorkshire warehouse
- Inmate hospitalised after unrest at Holme House Prison, Stockton
- Prison breakout accused had previous conviction for escaping custody
- Student admits making explosive following Newcastle University bomb scare
- Arrests and vehicle seizures as seven northern forces team up for Operation Checkpoint