A YOUNG actress is using her skills to encourage others to follow in her footsteps by launching her own stage school.
Madeline Clark has teamed up with Redcar and Cleveland Enterprise Team to start Clarks Theatrical Arts which is aimed at youngsters aged seven to 16.
Loading article content
The former Stockton Riverside College student, who studied musical theatre and media, has designed a series of workshops which encourage youngsters to hone their drama skills.
She said: “It’s all about having fun while learning the techniques they will need should they want to enter the industry, most of the time they won’t even realise they are learning.”
Her business plan focuses on the development of a curriculum, and a team of drama teachers will help deliver the lesson plans.
“I already had my business plan when I went to see the Enterprise Team, and since that first meeting they’ve helped every step of the way,” she said.
Clarks Theatrical Arts is holding sessions every Tuesday night at New Marske Church Hall for those aged seven to 16.
For more information check out the website www.clarkstheatricalarts.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
More Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council News
- PCC elections: Your candidates and their visions for the future of policing
- Police hunting man believed to have been brandishing gun in incident in Hartlepool
- Man accused of targeting isolated homes in £110k fraud
- Police release CCTV images of suspected North-East shoplifters
- Girl, 16, known to sex traffickers placed in secure accommodation for her own safety, judge rules
- Traffic cops turn rhyme fighters after stopping VW
- Convicted child sex offender warned facing "significant sentence" after abusing eight people from same village.
- County Durham men among trio to go before Kent crown court for violent disorder
- "Sextortion" - webcam blackmail warning by police
- Four arrested after car stopped in Bishop Auckland