A YOUNG actress is using her skills to encourage others to follow in her footsteps by launching her own stage school.
Madeline Clark has teamed up with Redcar and Cleveland Enterprise Team to start Clarks Theatrical Arts which is aimed at youngsters aged seven to 16.
The former Stockton Riverside College student, who studied musical theatre and media, has designed a series of workshops which encourage youngsters to hone their drama skills.
She said: “It’s all about having fun while learning the techniques they will need should they want to enter the industry, most of the time they won’t even realise they are learning.”
Her business plan focuses on the development of a curriculum, and a team of drama teachers will help deliver the lesson plans.
“I already had my business plan when I went to see the Enterprise Team, and since that first meeting they’ve helped every step of the way,” she said.
Clarks Theatrical Arts is holding sessions every Tuesday night at New Marske Church Hall for those aged seven to 16.
For more information check out the website www.clarkstheatricalarts.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
More Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council News
- Paedophile who tried to snatch schoolgirl off the street faces lengthy jail spell
- Cleveland Police arrest man, 21, under new drug driving laws
- Sunderland star Adam Johnson arrested over allegation of sexual activity with schoolgirl, 15
- Doctor cupped schoolgirl patient's breasts and played with her nipples, court told
- Woman hurt after being pushed to floor by robber during filling station raid
- 'Kick trolls off Facebook and Twitter for life' - Durham Chief Constable
- New laws to tackle drug drivers are coming into force
- Durham Police performance made easier to monitor
- Man, 60, released from hospital after being stabbed during attempted robbery
- Women threatened by knifeman