A YOUNG actress is using her skills to encourage others to follow in her footsteps by launching her own stage school.
Madeline Clark has teamed up with Redcar and Cleveland Enterprise Team to start Clarks Theatrical Arts which is aimed at youngsters aged seven to 16.
The former Stockton Riverside College student, who studied musical theatre and media, has designed a series of workshops which encourage youngsters to hone their drama skills.
She said: “It’s all about having fun while learning the techniques they will need should they want to enter the industry, most of the time they won’t even realise they are learning.”
Her business plan focuses on the development of a curriculum, and a team of drama teachers will help deliver the lesson plans.
“I already had my business plan when I went to see the Enterprise Team, and since that first meeting they’ve helped every step of the way,” she said.
Clarks Theatrical Arts is holding sessions every Tuesday night at New Marske Church Hall for those aged seven to 16.
For more information check out the website www.clarkstheatricalarts.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
More Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council News
- Not guilty: Scout leader from Darlington cleared of sexually assaulting boys
- BIKE THEFT: Veteran's daughter appeals for the return of stolen bike
- Suggestion cop killer Harry Roberts carried out bank raid in Darlington in 1960s
- Appeal after girl, 11, followed home from school in Middlesbrough
- Look out for neighbours
- Police warning after daylight burglaries in Barnard Castle
- Woman said relative was put forward as "independent" witness to small claims hearing, as he was "professional"
- Man released on bail after dog walker savaged near Durham
- Police arrest man after fresh dog attack, just weeks after his own arm was ripped off
- Force silent on racism inquiry