A YOUNG actress is using her skills to encourage others to follow in her footsteps by launching her own stage school.
Madeline Clark has teamed up with Redcar and Cleveland Enterprise Team to start Clarks Theatrical Arts which is aimed at youngsters aged seven to 16.
Loading article content
The former Stockton Riverside College student, who studied musical theatre and media, has designed a series of workshops which encourage youngsters to hone their drama skills.
She said: “It’s all about having fun while learning the techniques they will need should they want to enter the industry, most of the time they won’t even realise they are learning.”
Her business plan focuses on the development of a curriculum, and a team of drama teachers will help deliver the lesson plans.
“I already had my business plan when I went to see the Enterprise Team, and since that first meeting they’ve helped every step of the way,” she said.
Clarks Theatrical Arts is holding sessions every Tuesday night at New Marske Church Hall for those aged seven to 16.
For more information check out the website www.clarkstheatricalarts.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
More Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council News
- Man suffers serious head injury after asking youngsters to be quiet
- Durham Police set to take on 24-hour 'Tweetathon' to bolster online presence
- Suspected drink driver crashes BMW into parked cars in Darlington before fleeing scene
- High-viz cycle theft gang jailed after stealing £23k of bikes across North-East and North Yorkshire
- Not guilty - Darlington cocktail bar doorman accused of rape
- Warning issued about fraudsters selling non-existent vehicles online
- Chief Constable recommended at Cleveland Police
- Whistleblower on racism suing Cleveland Police
- Funding to help keep communities safe
- 'Idiotic' Darlington police chase driver got stuck in mud