WORK to develop a specialist digital and creative area in Middlesbrough is becoming a reality thanks to the work of (CORR) DigitalCity.
The project started the Boho Zone ball rolling in 2009 when its headquarters Boho One was built, and now number six is set to open, creating more space for more businesses to join the thriving hub.
Crown House, a former government building in central Middlesbrough, will become Boho Six when work to transform it into a modern retail and office accommodation is finished.
Nasser Din, managing director of Supreme Property Developments, is redeveloping the building and putting in place plans to create a new hub for up-and-coming entrepreneurs.
He said: “It’s fantastic to be able to join the Boho cluster which has been a beacon of enterprise in Middlesbrough.
“Crown House: Boho Six will help regenerate not only the building but also the area around it to develop the ideal working environment for businesses to bring more life into the town centre.”
As well as redeveloping the offices, the square outside Crown House will be opened up by raised beds, trees and new paving with street furniture and lighting are giving the square a more contemporary feel.
Mark Elliott, chief executive of DigitalCity Business, said: “We are seeing our vision for the area coming to reality. We are up to Boho Six in just a handful of years - the Boho Zone is helping to drive the regeneration of Middlesbrough town centre.”
More Middlesbrough Council News
- Families vital for prisoner rehabilitation
- Takeaway customer who was challenged to a fight appears in court for kicking man in head
- New special constables to be unveiled in Durham this month
- Police forces team up to crackdown on rural crime
- Man charged with murder in Willington as police name victim
- Overturned van on A66 had been involved in high speed chase, police believe
- Residents speak of shock after man's body found in Willington
- International drugs gang jailed after £55m haul seized from North Yorkshire warehouse
- Inmate hospitalised after unrest at Holme House Prison, Stockton
- Prison breakout accused had previous conviction for escaping custody