WORK to develop a specialist digital and creative area in Middlesbrough is becoming a reality thanks to the work of (CORR) DigitalCity.
The project started the Boho Zone ball rolling in 2009 when its headquarters Boho One was built, and now number six is set to open, creating more space for more businesses to join the thriving hub.
Crown House, a former government building in central Middlesbrough, will become Boho Six when work to transform it into a modern retail and office accommodation is finished.
Loading article content
Nasser Din, managing director of Supreme Property Developments, is redeveloping the building and putting in place plans to create a new hub for up-and-coming entrepreneurs.
He said: “It’s fantastic to be able to join the Boho cluster which has been a beacon of enterprise in Middlesbrough.
“Crown House: Boho Six will help regenerate not only the building but also the area around it to develop the ideal working environment for businesses to bring more life into the town centre.”
As well as redeveloping the offices, the square outside Crown House will be opened up by raised beds, trees and new paving with street furniture and lighting are giving the square a more contemporary feel.
Mark Elliott, chief executive of DigitalCity Business, said: “We are seeing our vision for the area coming to reality. We are up to Boho Six in just a handful of years - the Boho Zone is helping to drive the regeneration of Middlesbrough town centre.”
More Middlesbrough Council News
- Convicted child sex offender warned facing "significant sentence" after abusing eight people from same village.
- County Durham men among trio to go before Kent crown court for violent disorder
- "Sextortion" - webcam blackmail warning by police
- Four arrested after car stopped in Bishop Auckland
- Darlington assault victim left brain damaged and disfigured - but attacker will serve just a year in jail
- Convicted paedophile, 73, goes on trial for historic sexual abuse of two girls
- Teesdale and Weardale motorists warned against tricksters
- 30 years - drugs gang jailed for cocaine and cannabis operation
- Paranoid binge drinker jailed after arming himself with knives in Stokesley street row
- Man imprisoned for "cruel and callous" internet stalking of schoolgirls