WORK to develop a specialist digital and creative area in Middlesbrough is becoming a reality thanks to the work of (CORR) DigitalCity.
The project started the Boho Zone ball rolling in 2009 when its headquarters Boho One was built, and now number six is set to open, creating more space for more businesses to join the thriving hub.
Crown House, a former government building in central Middlesbrough, will become Boho Six when work to transform it into a modern retail and office accommodation is finished.
Nasser Din, managing director of Supreme Property Developments, is redeveloping the building and putting in place plans to create a new hub for up-and-coming entrepreneurs.
He said: “It’s fantastic to be able to join the Boho cluster which has been a beacon of enterprise in Middlesbrough.
“Crown House: Boho Six will help regenerate not only the building but also the area around it to develop the ideal working environment for businesses to bring more life into the town centre.”
As well as redeveloping the offices, the square outside Crown House will be opened up by raised beds, trees and new paving with street furniture and lighting are giving the square a more contemporary feel.
Mark Elliott, chief executive of DigitalCity Business, said: “We are seeing our vision for the area coming to reality. We are up to Boho Six in just a handful of years - the Boho Zone is helping to drive the regeneration of Middlesbrough town centre.”
More Middlesbrough Council News
- 11-year-old boy fends off would-be attacker in Catterick Garrison
- Arrest after woman hit by car in Darlington town centre
- WATCH ARREST VIDEO: Officers may face misconduct hearing after 'brutal' arrest of man they claim headbutted policeman
- Son of Greggs founder in court charged with alleged child sex offences
- Paedophile who tried to snatch schoolgirl off the street faces lengthy jail spell
- Cleveland Police arrest man, 21, under new drug driving laws
- Sunderland star Adam Johnson arrested over allegation of sexual activity with schoolgirl, 15
- Doctor cupped schoolgirl patient's breasts and played with her nipples, court told
- Woman hurt after being pushed to floor by robber during filling station raid
- 'Kick trolls off Facebook and Twitter for life' - Durham Chief Constable