For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Creative industry continues to grow in Middlesbrough
WORK to develop a specialist digital and creative area in Middlesbrough is becoming a reality thanks to the work of (CORR) DigitalCity.
The project started the Boho Zone ball rolling in 2009 when its headquarters Boho One was built, and now number six is set to open, creating more space for more businesses to join the thriving hub.
Crown House, a former government building in central Middlesbrough, will become Boho Six when work to transform it into a modern retail and office accommodation is finished.
Nasser Din, managing director of Supreme Property Developments, is redeveloping the building and putting in place plans to create a new hub for up-and-coming entrepreneurs.
He said: “It’s fantastic to be able to join the Boho cluster which has been a beacon of enterprise in Middlesbrough.
“Crown House: Boho Six will help regenerate not only the building but also the area around it to develop the ideal working environment for businesses to bring more life into the town centre.”
As well as redeveloping the offices, the square outside Crown House will be opened up by raised beds, trees and new paving with street furniture and lighting are giving the square a more contemporary feel.
Mark Elliott, chief executive of DigitalCity Business, said: “We are seeing our vision for the area coming to reality. We are up to Boho Six in just a handful of years - the Boho Zone is helping to drive the regeneration of Middlesbrough town centre.”
More Middlesbrough Council News
- Man arrested after woman found dead in Gateshead
- Five arrests in just six days for new team of cycling crime-fighters
- Man jailed for pool cue pub attack
- UPDATED: Nine arrests after reports of man armed with weapon
- Woman blinded when friend "stamped on her face with stilettos," court told
- Danger driver sped through Darlington at 90mph, court told
- Man in court on assault charges following incident in Hartlepool which saw 26-year-old seriously injured
- Three held after man found wandering streets dies a day after apparently taking drugs at Newcastle party
- Danger driver Ashley Lindo who killed eight-year-old in 2006 jailed again after high speed police chase
- Pub landlord arrested in Claudia Lawrence inquiry describes his family's devastation
Comments are closed on this article.