WORK to develop a specialist digital and creative area in Middlesbrough is becoming a reality thanks to the work of (CORR) DigitalCity.
The project started the Boho Zone ball rolling in 2009 when its headquarters Boho One was built, and now number six is set to open, creating more space for more businesses to join the thriving hub.
Crown House, a former government building in central Middlesbrough, will become Boho Six when work to transform it into a modern retail and office accommodation is finished.
Loading article content
Nasser Din, managing director of Supreme Property Developments, is redeveloping the building and putting in place plans to create a new hub for up-and-coming entrepreneurs.
He said: “It’s fantastic to be able to join the Boho cluster which has been a beacon of enterprise in Middlesbrough.
“Crown House: Boho Six will help regenerate not only the building but also the area around it to develop the ideal working environment for businesses to bring more life into the town centre.”
As well as redeveloping the offices, the square outside Crown House will be opened up by raised beds, trees and new paving with street furniture and lighting are giving the square a more contemporary feel.
Mark Elliott, chief executive of DigitalCity Business, said: “We are seeing our vision for the area coming to reality. We are up to Boho Six in just a handful of years - the Boho Zone is helping to drive the regeneration of Middlesbrough town centre.”
More Middlesbrough Council News
- 'Brazen and greedy' rogue traders jailed after conning elderly and vulnerable victims out of more than £100,000
- More than 500 speeding drivers caught in week-long crackdown
- Soldier who slit throat of ex-girlfriend Alice Ruggles jailed for 22 years
- Eight years for stalker who sent fake bomb threats from ex-girlfriend to airports
- Do you recognise these suspects caught on CCTV?
- Stockton paedophile who raped young girl jailed for 17 years
- 'I'll put your manhood in a box' - stalking trial is told of bizarre e-mail threats
- Man charged with dangerous driving after police chase reaches speeds of 120mph
- Bouncer cleared for punching drinker who threatened to 'stab them up' at Darlington's Boot and Shoe pub
- Worker at UPS depot admits stealing Pandora jewellery from parcels