DARLINGTON Mowden Park will today announce details of the All Blacks' community open event on October 8. The players could hardly be blamed for thinking “it had better be good.”

On the surface the one-hour event seems small consolation for the disruption which has forced Mowden to play five of their first six games away.

In the first of three successive trips to London they lost 26-17 at Rosslyn Park, despite battling bravely after losing scrum half Bruno Bravo to a second yellow card early in the second half.

They had shaken up the team after the home defeat by Henley, who lost 47-13 at home to Blackheath, Mowden's hosts this week.

Grant Connon came in at fly half with Garry Law switching to centre, while only three of the pack who started last week did so again.

Rosslyn Park's prolific No 8, Hugo Ellis, scored an early try, but after penalties were exchanged Mowden went ahead after 25 minutes when Law converted a try by Bravo.

Another penalty gave the hosts an 11-10 interval lead, but then came a double blow for Mowden as a home flanker raced from his own 22 to score and they lost Bravo.

They conceded another try after 65 minutes before replacement hooker Simon Uzokwe stormed through the home defence for his third try in two weeks. Law converted but it wasn't quite enough to earn a bonus point.

Mowden seconds won 48-27 at Tynedale with a team featuring former Newcastle Falcons centre Michael Tait and ex-Doncaster back Eti Slater, who have yet to feature in the first team. Winger George Wacokecoke scored two tries, as did veteran Mike Wood.

Tynedale's first team did well to pick up two bonus points from a 36-29 defeat away to National Two North leaders Sedgley Park, who led 24-0 after 26 minutes.

Matty Outson, Tynedale's fly half and captain, picked up a loose pass to score and further tries came from James Clark, Dominic Connolly and Tom McCullough.

Either side of their win at Burnage, Billingham have suffered two home defeats after going down 32-21 to Hull, who are third in Three North. Luke Wilson, Danny Dixon and Martin Hopley scored Billingham's tries, all converted by Peter Evans.

West Hartlepool are top of North One East after a 42-0 win at Guisborough took their tally to 117 points without conceding a try in three games.

They led only 7-0 at half-time, but after trying to dominate through their bigger pack Guisborough flagged in the second half.

Eldon Myers scored a hat-trick, finishing a counter-attack from just outside West's 22 for the first after a big hit by Chris Atkins saw the ball run loose.

Adam Coates, Zac Southern and Ryan Painter scored the other tries with Stu Waites adding four conversions and Gavin Painter two.

Stockton were entitled to reflect how things have changed since the days when they lost half a team to Darlington as they put their visitors to the sword in a 92-7 victory.

This third successive defeat left Darlington bottom of Durham and Northumberland One, despite their big pack competing quite well in the opening quarter.

Slicker Stockton handling and faster support began to reap rewards as American left winger Brian Morris scored four tries. The others came from full back Jonny Horner (3), No 8 Todd Highfield (2), prop Tom Nelson, winger Simon Crozier plus flankers Liam Healey and Lewy Gray.

Darlington's solitary response came from a try and conversion by Adam Gardener.

Novos continued to set the pace with a third emphatic victory, 66-19 at home to Horden, and this week visit Middlesbrough, who are one point behind them.

Boro won 62-18 at Ponteland, while Durham City are level with Novos after a 32-25 win at home to Gateshead.