Bishop Auckland overcame a sending off to win at North Shields last night and record their second win of the season.

They took the lead early in the game when Kyle Patton scored from a Chris Salmon cross, but Shields levelled when Ryan Carr finished off a good move.

Bishops then had defender Lewis Gibbons dismissed for two yellows, but despite the disadvantage, Darren Richardson put Bishops back into the lead from a free kick just after the restart.

Shildon easily won 4-1 at Guisborough with former Hartlepool youngster Jack Blackford scoring a hat trick.

Shildon took the lead with a strike by Jack Blackford – his second goal in two games – but a mistake in the Shildon defence allowed Nathan Steel to tap in the equaliser before half time.

However, Guisborough had defender Mattie Crust dismissed for two bookable offences, then a great overhead kick by Mattie Waters restored Shildon’s lead. Blackford pounced twice more to complete his hat trick and put Shildon well in control.

Newton Aycliffe had a good 3-1 away win at Penrith.

Penrith took the lead with an early goal by Adam Main, but Aycliffe levelled when Thibault Charmey scored from 25 yards. He then put Aycliffe into the lead from an Ian Ward assist on 26 minutes, then Ward got the third just after half time.

In the other games, Whickham are still without a point and a goal after they lost 3-0 at home to Sunderland RCA, while a Nathan Mulligan penalty gave Stockton a 1-0 home win over Whitley Bay. Blyth AFC have six points from six after beating Seaham Red Star 2-1. Newcastle Benfield and Dunston shared the points in a goalless draw.

In the second division, Crook recovered from their defeat on the first day when they thumped Willington 4-0 at the Millfield. Liam Jarvie, Joe Smith and Phil Caley put the 3-0 up before half time, with Daniel Smith scoring the fourth soon after the restart.

Northallerton had Josh Knox to thank for a late goal and rescue a point for them in a 1-1 draw at Ryton.

Brandon drew 1-1 with Esh Winning. Lee Blades was on target for Brandon after 70 minutes, with Nick Marley equalising for Esh three minutes later.

Redcar Athletic, playing their first home game in the league since winning promotion, were beaten 2-0 at home by Thornaby, while Easington had a good 2-1 away win at Heaton Stannington.

Billingham Town were amongst the goals for the second successive game when they won 5-1 at Jarrow.