Bishop Auckland manager Colin Myers says that he will charge his players £6 each to watch a video re-run of their 3-0 derby defeat by Shildon on Saturday.

Myers was furious with his players’ performance, that has put them seven points above third bottom Jarrow Roofing, who have three games in hand.

“All of the players will be watching the video of the game on Monday night, and I’ll charge them £6 to watch it, just like everybody else had to on Saturday,” he said. “The performance was dreadful.

“We gave away three sloppy goals, and after the first goal, we disappeared. The third goal was the killer blow and we petered out to nothing.

“We’re getting sucked back into the relegation battle.  A few weeks ago, we were within reach of 10th or 11th in the league, but with Jarrow Roofing winning on Saturday, suddenly we’ve got a relegation fight on our hands again.

“We need to get three wins on the bounce quite quickly, and now we have a must win game coming up against Washington this Saturday.”

Shildon took the lead after 9 minutes when Matty Waters finished off a good move, then Billy Greulich-Smith pounced on a bad mistake in the Bishops defence and scored the second on 17 minutes.

It was all over five minutes into the second half when Adam Gell was left completely unmarked to turn the ball home.

Shildon manager Danny Moore said; “It was a comfortable win. With it being a local derby, there was only one team that approached it like that. We dominated from the first minute and there were some very good individual performances. Hopefully we’ve now turned a corner.”

The Railwaymen are now up to fifth in the table, five points behind second placed Consett with a game in hand.

West Auckland swopped places with Shildon after they were thumped 5-0 at Team Northumbria. Manager Gary Forrest was furious afterwards and said; “We weren’t strong enough mentally, we went into the game thinking that we had to turn up and win, and got properly humbled.”

They were 3-0 down at half time to goals by Robert Spence and Andrei Ardelean (2), then after the break Ben Dibb-Fuller scored two more.

In the second division, leaders Northallerton bounced back after three league games without a win when they won 3-1 at Billingham Town.

They were a goal behind at half time though to a Steve Oakley effort, but they fought back in the second half with goals by Nicky Martin, Aaron Ramsbottom and Liam Jarvie.

Manager Darren Trotter said; “I was disappointed with our slow start and the first half. However, we controlled the second half to win the game. This was a confidence-boosting performance to take us forward.”

Crook are still anxiously over their shoulders at the relegation battle in fifth bottom place following their 4-2 home defeat by Whickham, Daniel Pigg and Chris Emms scoring for them when they were 2-0 and 3-1 down respectively.

Crook manager Chris Lax said; “We’re disappointed with the result as again we conceded sloppy goals after twice getting back into the game.

“We have to learn game management quickly and concentrate for every minute. It’s back to the drawing board this week. We have a few players signed on who haven’t played, and it may be their chance now.”

Brandon flopped in a 4-0 away defeat at West Allotment to leave them two points above the relegation zone.

Brandon manager Steve Skinner said; “It was a very poor first half. We weren’t at the races, and struggled to win battles all over the park and fully deserved to be behind at half time. We were a lot better in the second, but we didn’t have the cutting edge in the final third. They fully deserved the points, and I take full responsibility for the defeat.”