One man demolition act Michael Mackay took his tally to an amazing nine in two games when he scored all of his team’s goals for the second game running.

The former Hartlepool striker scored all five against Jarrow Roofing in midweek, and on Saturday he bagged four against Guisborough.

Manager Kenny Lindoe said: “When Michael scores one goal in a game, he’s the sort of player who can go on and score more than one. It wouldn’t surprise if he ends up top scorer in the league.”

Lindoe reckoned that Mackay’s third goal was the pick of the bunch when he latched on to the ball in a flash and lobbed it over Jack Norton in the Guisborough goal. That made it 3-0 to Consett, and Guisborough launched a mini-revival scoring twice through Nathan Steel before Mackay made the game safe late in the game. Mackay now has 24 league goals for the season.

Guisborough manager Chris Hardy said: “On a day where the weather conditions made football virtually impossible, both sides played this game to the best of their abilities. We were 2-0 down against the wind at half time but I was confident we would turn it around. Second half we made a fight of it, but Michael Mackay was the difference between the two sides.”

Anthony Shandran, the leading scorer in the league, scored 12 goals against Stokesley in just two matches earlier in the season in the league and Vase, and he plundered another three as they won 5-1 at the bottom club. Shandran has now scored 27 league goals for the season.

He scored a first half hat trick before being subbed because of injury, and after half time Ian Graham scored the fourth. Steve Bowey scored the goal of the game from an Anthony Chapman assist near the end, with Nathan Porritt replying for Stokesley.

Sunderland RCA missed a chance to go top of the table when they were held to a 1-1 draw at home by Penrith.

The visitors took the lead with a goal by Ben Jackson, but Carl Beasley cracked in the equaliser just before half time.

The RCA have only won five league games at home this season, as compared to eleven away.

Sunderland RCA manager Neil Hixon said: “Penrith had one attack in the ninety minutes and scored. We should have had ten, our forwards were garbage.”

Spennymoor climbed above Dunston into fourth thanks to a 3-0 win at South Shields. They were on top in the first half and played well without scoring, but they took command after half time when a Keith Graydon corner was headed in by Bobby Moore. It was 2-0 when Graydon scored with a 30 yarder, and Craig Ruddy made sure of three well-deserved points from a Sam Garvie cross.

Spennymoor manager Jason Ainsley said: “That was the best we’ve played for a long time. We played well throughout the game.”

Billingham Town’s inconsistent form continued when they were beaten 5-0 at home by Newton Aycliffe, who are now just three points off the top of the table in fifth place.

Aycliffe took the lead with their first attack of the game through Ben Wood from a Stuart Owen pass, and then Josh Knox scored from a Chase McMullen cross at the near post. Knox pounced on the rebound after Shaun Tarling’s effort was blocked for 3-0, then Owen made it 4-0 from a Wood pass. Owen scored his second of the game midway through the second half when he finished off a good move.

Billingham Town manager Carl Jarrett said: “After showing some good form of late, we never really turned up against a well organised Aycliffe side. They had more desire to win the game from the start to the end. We will learn from this.”

Newton Aycliffe manager Allan Oliver said: “We had a really good first half, and everything went for us. We defended well and put our chances away.”

Jarrow Roofing are in big trouble in third bottom after they were beaten 3-0 at home by Marske United, who are now unbeaten in nine league games.

There were plenty of chances at both ends before Karl Charlton fired Marske into the lead just before half time.

Lee Donachie scored from a Danny Brunskill pass for the second, and Brunskill scored the third from a free kick.

Marske manager Paul Burton said: “A strong wind blew down the pitch from goal to goal. In the first half we had the wind and played quite well, penning Jarrow in for most of the half. They broke a few times and could have taken the lead, but got the break just before half time. In the second half against the wind we played very well and controlled the game scoring twice. It was our best performance for some time.”

Tow Law were furious with the referee after they lost 3-1 at Shildon. They took the lead through Marc Nixon from a corner, and thought they should have had a penalty when Matty Scott appeared to be brought down by Shildon keeper Keith Finch for a penalty, but the ref booked the Tow Law player for diving.

Shildon levelled through Richard Flynn just before half time, and four minutes into the second half, Chris Hughes converted a penalty after a foul on Billy Greulich-Smith. Wayne Gredziak added the third near the end.

Tow Law manager Ian Davison said: “I couldn’t believe that the referee made such a massive decision, and affected the outcome of the game. We could have been 2-0 up against ten men.”

Shildon manager Gary Forrest said: “It was a poor game to be honest. Tow Law were a bit unfortunate, and we had a big decision go in our favour, having said that we’ve had enough go against us this season. Three points gained in bad conditions.”

Bishop Auckland scored twice in the last five minutes to give them the points at home to Norton.

Bishops played well in the first half without managing to score, but in the second half, Norton came more into the game.

But Bishops broke through with five minutes left when Gareth Ayers’ cross flew over Norton keeper Chris Porter on the wind into the net, and in stoppage time Dan Hawkins was pulled down, and he scored from the spot.

It was also Bishops’ fourth successive clean sheet.

Bishop Auckland manager Colin Myers said: “It was a good performance by us, especially in the first half. We kept going, and scored twice late in the game.”