Shildon striker Steve Johnson ran riot as the Railwaymen posted their highest score under manager Gary Forrest when they thrashed Stokesley 11-0 at Dean Street on Saturday.

Johnson scored five, three of them in the closing minutes, as Shildon scored 11 for the first time since they beat Sunderland Nissan 11-5 in November 2011.

“I thought Stokesley have improved a lot since we played them earlier in the season,” said Forrest,” but it was one of those days in which everything came off for us. The performance was very good, and we scored some good quality goals. We were much better in the final third than we have been recently.”

Johnson started the rout after 15 minutes, and by half time he added another, with Lee Chapman, Justin Keegan and an own goal by Daniel Jones being the others.

In the second half, Craig Price, Chris Hughes and Chris McCabe made it 8-0 on the hour, before Johnson scored three more in the last seven minutes. Stokesley’s goal difference is now into negative three figures.

Sunderland RCA striker Alex Benjamin returned to haunt Newton Aycliffe in their 2-0 win at Moore Lane.

Benjamin scored a 50 yarder for his previous club South Shields a few weeks ago, and he scored the second goal for his new club to put them on the way to the top of the league.

Mark Davison put the RCA in front from a Joe Walton corner after 25 minutes, then ten minutes later Benjamin scored with a shot on the turn. Darren Craddock hit the bar for Aycliffe in the second half.

Newton Aycliffe manager Allan Oliver said: “We had loads of possession and created five good chances, but we couldn’t finish. I was happy with the performance, but we lacked quality in the final third.”

Sunderland RCA manager Neil Hixon said; “It was a top team performance. The team captain, Brian Close, was fantastic and set the standard for the rest of the team.”

Billingham Town won the six pointer in the relegation zone at Tow Law, beating them 4-1.

Town took the lead when Nick Martin helped on a Steve Flockett pass for Micky Arthur to fire home, but Lawyers levelled with a 25 yarder by Scott Arnott.

Town regained the lead just after half time when Arthur charged down a clearance by Lawyers keeper Sam Gordon and tapped in, then Jamie Owens nipped in between two defenders to score the third. New signing David Onions dribbled through and scored the fourth to put third bottom Town just a point behind Jarrow Roofing.

Tow Law manager Ian Davison said: “What a difference a week makes. Brilliant last week, dreadful this week. I’m not going to give Billingham any credit as we beat ourselves with a shoddy heartless performance.”

Billingham Town manager Carl Jarrett said: “the players battled really hard all the way through to the 90 minutes. We knew what the conditions would be like at Tow Law, and they responded really well. “ Bishop Auckland had a good 2-1 away win at Guisborough. Andy Johnson fired them into the lead on 24 minutes with his 19th league goal of the season, then David Wells chested down a Chris Bell cross and scored the second. Guisborough got more into the game in the second half and pulled a goal back through Chris I’Anson from close range. Bishops have released midfielder Steve Walklate.

Guisborough manager Chris Hardy said: “It was a hard fought game in which their keeper earned Bishops all three points.”

Marske are climbing away from the bottom three quite rapidly, and they beat Jarrow Roofing 4-0 at Mount Pleasant, scoring three times in the first 25 minutes.

They took the lead after 6 minutes when Benn Thompson scored from a Derek Bradley cross, then Karl Charlton scored his seventh goal in four games after 20 minutes Danny Brunskill then broke away and slotted the third under the advancing keeper, then Thompson netted the fourth with a powerful header from a Bradley corner.

Jarrow Roofing manager Richie McLoughlin said: “I need players who can defend not ball watch. There was nothing between the teams, just their chances went in. It’s the same all games, we are as good if not better but we make all the mistakes.”

Marske manager Paul Burton said: “We had too much up front for Jarrow, we caught them out several times. We’re looking up the table all the time now.”

Bedlington won 2-1 at Norton after taking an early lead when Steve Richardson headed in a right wing cross. Norton had Shaun Clarke red-carded before half time.

Despite being a man down, Norton levelled with nine minutes left when Darren Mowbray scored from a free kick, but straight from the kick, Richardson got the winner.