Shildon are now into fourth in the EBAC Northern League with a comfortable 3-0 away win at Ryhope CW.

The Railwaymen have now won four straight away games in the league, and they’re two points behind third placed Consett and the promotion places with two games in hand.

They took the lead when Kurt Matthews set up Danny Craggs to score after 9 minutes, and early in the second half Craggs scored his second thanks to Billy Greulich-Smith. Zak Atkinson wrapped it up near the end.

Bishop Auckland had a good 4-2 away win at Seaham Red Star to put them into eighth.

Michael Hoganson put them in front with a low shot from the edge of the box, but Dan Wilson quickly equalised for Seaham.

Bishops went 2-1 up on 16 minutes thanks to an Andrew Johnson penalty after Kyle Fryatt was fouled, and four minutes James Fairley lobbed the keeper for the third.

Johnson headed a fourth early in the second half, before Michael Chilton scored a consolation.

Manager Ian Chandler said; “I was delighted with the result and performance against a dangerous Seaham team who created numerous chances which our keeper Nick Liversedge dealt with aided by some excellent last ditch defending. We were still under strength with two players dropping out hours before kick-off, but we made light of that ourselves creating numerous chances scoring four of them. We really should have had at least two more but we’re more than happy.”

Northallerton stay in the bottom three after losing 2-1 at Whitley Bay.

Nicky Martin headed Northallerton into the lead on 14 minutes but Mark Robinson and Brad Hird scored in the space of five minutes to grab the points for Whitley.

Manager Darren Trotter said; “We’re very frustrated. We started the game depleted due to weddings, illness and a suspension so knew we never had many options. Again, a narrow defeat in which we had good chances in the opening 30 minutes to be comfortable.

“We scored a scruffy goal from a corner and so did Whitley, then for the goal that won it we had a number of phases where we could have prevented the lad running through on goal, but we didn't.

“The players are going to have to get more mentally tougher and grind out a result as a group and help each other through. The lapses in concentration are costing us points at the moment.”

In the other first division game, Billingham Town had an excellent away win by 5-0 at Ashington, with Glen Butterworth scoring a hat trick.

In the only second division game that was played, Chester-le-Street won 1-0 at Washington, thanks to a first half goal by Nathan Wade.

Manager Colin Wake said; “It was a very frustrating afternoon. It was a good first half and we deservedly lead 1-0 at half time. We didn't come out for the second half and struggled to get a foothold in the game, but we held on for a much-needed win. A game devoid of any real quality and a poor advert for non-league football at this level.”