Shildon suffered their first league defeat of the season when they were beaten 3-1 at North Shieldslast night.

After a goalless first half, they started the second half well, and took the lead on 53 minutes with an effort by Zak Atkinson, but Connor Campbell fired the equaliser. Paul Van Zandfliet put Shields into the lead, before Gareth Bainbridge made sure in the last minute.

Bishop Auckland were beaten by a late goal against Hebburn at Heritage Park.

Lewis Suddick broke away to put Hebburn into the lead, but Andy Johnson quickly fired the equaliser for Bishops.

Steve Winn went close for Bishops in the second half, while the visitors hit the woodwork twice. However, Graeme Armstrong scored the winner with two minutes left.

West Auckland were beaten 1-0 at Guisborough, for whom Mattie Crust scored on 38 minutes after Josh Rowbotham headed against the bar.

Northallerton lost 2-1 at home to Sunderland RCA, who scored twice in the space of two minutes in the first half with goals by Dominic Moan and Ryan Leonard, but Jason Blackburn pulled a goal back at the start of the second from the penalty spot.

At the top, Stockton Town beat Whickham 2-0. Stockton took the lead with a Jamie Owens penalty after he was brought down, then James Risborough set up Kevin Hayes to score the second just before half time In the second division, Crook lost 4-0 at home to Heaton Stannington, their second successive defeat.

Heaton took the lead after 41 minutes through Jon Wright, who chipped the keeper for the second on 55 minutes. Wright completed his hat trick near the end, with Regan Patterson scoring the fourth. Jamie Harwood was red carded for Crook.

Tow Law drew 1-1 at Jarrow. They took the lead just before the hour with a 25 yarder by Lewis Teasdale, but Jarrow equalised with an own goal by David Harvey.

Durham City are still without a win after narrowly losing 2-1 at Redcar.

Lee Bythway put Redcar into the lead midway through the first half, but Anthony Chapman levelled with a blistering shot just after the break. Durham held out until Gary Redman headed the winner.

Willington beat Birtley 2-1 thanks to a last-minute goal.

Vinny Gash put Willington into the lead on 13 minutes, but John Sherlock levelled just on half time. The game looked all set for a draw until Gash scored the winner in the last minute.

The game between Esh Winning and Brandon was abandoned because of floodlight failure on the hour, with Esh leading 3-0. It’s the second time this season that Brandon have suffered an abandonment.