A last minute winner agonisingly knocked Shildon out of the FA Vase at the expense of Sunderland RCA on Saturday.

The Railwaymen looked as if they would have an extra half hour to try and progress with the sides level at 2-2 going into the last minute of normal time, but instead Kyle Davis scored a last gasp winner for his side’s first win over Shildon in 13 attempts.

Shildon player-manager Danny Moore, who scored the first goal of the game, said; “We’re gutted to go out like that after being in control for large parts of the game but well done to RCA they punished our sloppy defending.”

Moore finished off a good move with a low shot to put his team into the lead on 38 minutes, but RCA levelled early in the second half when Luke Page broke away and rounded Shildon keeper Shaun Newbrook.

Nathan O’Neill put RCA into the lead from a Dominic Moan cross, but Shildon got back into it when Aaron Duell scored with a low shot.

But RCA won a last 32 place in the last minute when the Shildon defence failed to deal with a Dylan Elliott cross and Davis blasted the ball home.

West Auckland are through, after winning 2-0 at Vase minnows Avro from the North West Counties League in Oldham.

They didn’t have the game all their own way and it wasn’t decided until the last ten minutes. Denver Morris hit the bar from the edge of the box, but West broke the deadlock with a superb left footed volley by Steve Snaith off a left wing cross.

Tom Price then dribbled through the Avro defence and scored the second with three minutes left.

West Auckland manager Gary Forrest, who has signed former Darlington striker David Dowson from Consett, said; “It was a great win against a good team.”

West are unbeaten in their last ten league and cup matches.

In the other Vase ties, Stockton Town, last season’s beaten finalists, lost 5-3 at home to Hebburn in their all ENL clash.

Hebburn took a five goal lead, before Stockton scored three goals in the last eight minutes.

Newcastle Benfield had a cracking game against Runcorn Town, coming out on top by 5-4 with Richie Slaughter scoring a dramatic winner in stoppage time. Runcorn had earlier come back from 4-2 down with nine minutes left.