Tow Law pulled off one of the surprises of the FA Buildbase Vase second qualifying round when they thumped first division Penrith 5-1 at Ironworks Road.

Lawyers are unbeaten this season in fourteen league and cup matches, and they have now won their last nine matches on the bounce.

Manager Steve Murray said; ““It was a superb result and thoroughly deserved. Our unbeaten run continues.

“Lewis Teasdale was amongst the goals again, but Matthew Soulsby and David Mitchell bossed the midfield. We have a potent threat up front these days which always helps. We could have scored more in the second half.”

Lawyers took the game to Penrith straight from the kick off. Lewis Teasdale put them in front on 3 minutes, and Jon Hirst scored the second on 7 minutes. It was game over by half time when Lawyers were 4-0 up with further goals by Dean Thexton and Teasdale. Jonny Murray pulled a goal back for Penrith, but Teasdale completed his hat trick on 55 minutes.

Teasdale has now scored in each of his last seven matches, scoring twelve goals in the process.

West Auckland are through after a good 3-0 home win over Silsden.

They took the home lead with a great free kick by Adam Mitchell – brother of Tow Law’s David -- that he fired into the top corner from just outside the box, and they took a firm grip on the game when Silsden had a man sent off.

They went 2-0 up when Darren Holden crossed for Amar Purewal to head home, and with two minutes left Holden was involved again when he set up Ben Wood to stroke home.

West manager Gary Forrest said; “It was a solid, well-earned win against a really good side who had won their first nine games of the season. Ross Colquhoun and Amar Purewal were outstanding.”

Bishop Auckland’s inconsistent form reared its head again when they were surprisingly beaten 2-0 at Bedlington, a division below them in the Northern League.

Bishops were on top in the first half, and missed several chances. Priestley Griffiths hit the bar, while Stuart Thompson and Joe McAloon were both off target from good positions.

Bedlington took the lead midway through the second half with a header by Jack Foalle, then Bishops defender Darryl Hall lost possession, allowing Foalle to score the second.

Bishops midfielder Ryu Williamson has left the club and joined Newcastle Benfield.

Northallerton lost 2-0 at Ryhope CW after extra time, and manager Darren Trotter said; “I was pleased with our performance, we were more than a match for them in the first half. In the second half, they pushed harder but never looked like breaking us down. However, extra time showed the difference between the two sides which was their fitness levels. It was disappointing to lose, but we will be better for that result.”

Durham City went out, by 2-0 at Team Northumbria, who scored both their goals in the first half.

Durham manager Olly Hotchkiss said; “Overall we played well in spells but switched off at key moments. I was pleased with the effort and the attitude of the players and they showed great character.”

Willington fought hard, but went out 1-0 at home to Harrogate RA, the winner coming in the last minute to end Willington’s four game winning run. Manager Rob Lee said; “It was a very close game, and one goal was always going to decide it. It took a 30 yarder which looped over our keeper’s head, a shot which could have gone anywhere.”

The draw for the next round is made at Monday lunchtime.