Billingham Town are safe from relegation from the ENL First division after they won 3-1 at Shildon last night.

After a poor first half, Town took the lead when Christian Selby played a 1-2 with Harrison Davies and fired into the top corner, but Shildon levelled pretty quickly when Billy Greulich-Smith pounced on a defensive mistake. Nicky Martin then fired Town back in front from a Josh McDonald assist, and right at the end Danny Brunskill grabbed the third.

Newcastle Benfield were within 12 minutes of putting third bottom Sunderland RCA down into the second division when they led 2-0 at Consett, but some of the floodlights went out and the match had to be abandoned after 78 minutes. The match was supposed to be the last under floodlights at Belle Vue. A date will have to be re-arranged for the new game with possibly an earlier kick off.

However, the RCA could be reprieved anyway if Bedlington fold because of their outstanding winding up order.

League runners up Spennymoor , who have lost Bobby Moore through injury for the Vase final, lost 1-0 at home to Penrith. The goal came after 15 minutes when a shot by Martyn Coleman was blocked., and Stephen Rigg scored from the rebound.

Moors were below their best, and manager Jason Ainsley rested some of his first choice players.

Vase finalists Tunbridge Wells have sold over 9,000 tickets for the final.

Billingham Synthonia had a good 4-1 away win at Celtic Nation, while Hebburn won 2-0 at relegated South Shields.

In the second division, Jarrow Roofing won 1-0 at Thornaby thanks to a very late goal by Lee Maitland to stay in third.

Second placed Ryhope CW came back from two goals down to draw 2-2 with Morpeth, who are sweating on whether the FA will promote fourth place if they forcibly relegate Ryhope CW.. Michael Chilton and Paul Dunn scored for Morpeth, with Michael Charlton and Jack Pounder scoring in the last 15 minutes.

Northallerton bounced back from their weekend drubbing at Morpeth by beating Whitehaven 4-0 at Ainderby Road Bottom of the table Horden, who are hoping for some sort of reprieve , were thumped 7-0 at West Allotment.

Washington are looking for a new management team following the decision of Richie Latimer and Nicky Evans to quit after two years in charge at the club.