DAVE Challinor was delighted his Hartlepool United side got the job done beating Bromley 3-2 in a play-off eliminator.

They've now set up a semi final tie against Stockport County next Sunday for a place in the National League play-off final.

Pools let rip on Bromley in the opening 24 minutes and the Pools boss was delighted with how his side came out of the traps at Victoria Park.

"It couldn't have gone any better. We started at a great intensity and put the ball in really good areas. I thought we could cause them problems in terms of switching the ball which we did well at times.

"It was three but it quite easily could've been more than three with the chances we had. We put ourselves in a winning position which is what you want in these types of games."

However, Pools endured a nervous end to the game as Bromley provided a late scare with two second half goals. One goal in the first two minutes of the second half and one in the last two minutes.

"For that first five minutes of the second half, we didn't win enough first headers which we did really well in the first half. We didn't win enough second balls and they get what they need. They get a goal and then all of a sudden for ten minutes, it gets a bit edgy.

"We then regained our composure without being the threat hat we were in the first half because they changed. They played a little bit deeper.

"I thought we managed the game much better apart from the last 20 seconds when the throw-in goes in and you concede from another set piece.

"Thankfully it was with very little time on the clock because otherwise it could've been an uncomfortable sort of last five minutes or so."

Hartlepool United defender Lewis Cass missed the game through a hamstring injury.

The Newcastle loanee picked up the problem in training on Saturday afternoon and he will be assessed by the Pools medical staff ahead of next week.

"Cass is more serious. He tweaked his hamstring when he was on the side of the pitch putting a cross in so we'll have to see how he is.

"It's not a four week hamstring injury, it's probably a seven to 10 day hamstring, maybe two weeks."