Hartlepool United have set up a National League play-off quarter final against Bromley after a dominant 4-0 win against Weymouth in front of returning fans. 

Stockport County's 1-0 win at Yeovil Town confirmed Pools 4th place finish in the table. 

With Bromley beating Notts County by a goal to nil and creeping their way into the last play-off spot, they've confirmed a play-off date with Pools on Sunday 6th June in the quarter finals. 

The players shared a tender moment with the fans in the build up to kick off for this afternoon's game. They stopped their warm-up with about 20 minutes before kick off to clap the returning Poolie faithful in the town end and in the Neale Cooper stand. 

As the players made their way out the tunnel, the 1,700 fans returned the favour with a rapturous roar. A noise we haven't heard here at the Victoria Park for well over a year and will no doubt have sent chills down the players' spines.

The crowd must have spurred something inside the Pools players as they started like a house on fire. 

Eight minutes in, Nicky Featherstone's cross looped over everyone apart from defender Ryan Johnson who towered above defender and keeper to nod home from close range, scoring his fifth goal of the season. 

Weymouth struggling to cope with Pools as they calmly stroked the ball from side to side waiting for a chink in the armour. 

The second came after 34 minutes through a typical Rhys Oates goal. He chased down Ferguson's long ball down the left, won the 50-50 challenge with a defender and buried the chance curling the ball into the bottom right corner for his 14th goal of the season. He took over Luke Armstrong in the goalscoring charts in the process. 

Pools came out in the second half in the same vein and two minutes in, David Ferguson's low cross was almost put in the back of his own net by Josh Leslie-Smith, which would have compounded Weymouth's misery. 

The goal was in the back of Weymouth's net again when Mark Shelton moved his way through the defence, sent the defender for a pie, his shot was saved and Holohan prodded home from an offside position.

Shelton then got his reward for an energetic display from midfield as he got on the end of Ryan Donaldson's low cross and volleyed home at the front post. 

Weymouth had one real testing attempt as Calvin Brooks struck the bar from 25 yards with a knuckleball effort that dipped and swerved but lucky hit the top of the woodwork. 

However, Dave Challinor's side were enjoying themselves and Gavan Holohan provided the final blow. He showed neat footwork to beat one defender, drive past two more and drill home into the bottom left hand corner to score his 12th goal of the season. 

After the full time whistle, Pools had to wait a couple of minutes to find out who there opponents were because of Stockport's delayed kick off. In the end, Stockport's win confirmed a date with Bromley for Pools where they'll face each other at Victoria Park on next Sunday.