DAVE CHALLINOR’S revamp of the Hartlepool United squad will continue this week.

After allowing Nicke Kabamba to move to Kilmarnock on Friday, Challinor will be busy this week trying to add to his squad.

Kabamaba scored on his Kille debut on Saturday, netting in their 6-0 win over Queens Park in the Scottish Cup. He will face Celtic in the SPL on Wednesday night.

Aidan Keena made his debut for Pools in the 2-2 draw at Yeovil and Challinor is out for more additions.

“Nicke’s move came from nowhere,’’ he said. “We have had calls about him for a while now, before I came to the club and clubs from down south where he is from. They asked late on Thursday, we said no and then they came back with a formal offer.

“We decided where that sat and was it suitable for all parties? He is out of contract this summer and we got a fee and he has security for an extra year.

“We planned all week for him to play at Yeovil, but he goes with everyone’s best wishes.

“We are looking to add to the squad and missed out on at least three signings I hoped to have in now for one reason or another.

“There’s lots of reasons why deals don’t always work and we have irons in the fire while being a bit patient. I really hope to get someone in by next week, the right ones in to serve us next season as well.’’

Pools have played out back to back away draws, and sit in 11th place with hopes of a sustained run of form to get them into the play-off zone which is five points away.

They trailed at Huish Park when Rhys Murphy broke down the line past Peter Kioso and pulled the ball back for Matt Worthington to finish.

Four minutes later and a free-kick from Ryan Donaldson was headed in by Peter Kioso.

Charlie Lee put the Glovers back in front before the break.

But the home side were reduced to ten men in the second-half when Rhys Murphy and Myles Anderson tangled, with referee Martin Woods causing anger for the home crowd by sending off one-time Pools transfer target Murphy.

Pools squared again when Nicky Featherstone’s cross was met by Gus Mafuta to head home. They could have won it at the end, but Mark Kitching’s effort was kept out by home keeper Ted Cann.

Challinor added on BBC Tees: “It’s a point gained, but could we have had three? Yes, absolutely. The manner of a draw dictates how you feel. If you offered to go to Dover and Yeovil and be unbeaten then I would take it, but we have drawn two games we could have won.

“I suppose we are a bit disappointed because we gave so much and with the chances we have had we could have had three.

“It’s frustrating in the manner we conceded. You can’t concede the goals we are conceding. You can always be critical of goals conceded, but the difference between Yeovil and where they are and us and where we are is they take their chances and we don’t. It’s fine margins between being top of the table and mid-table.’’