REECE STYCHE has netted Darlington a £20,000 cash bonus as well as a star-studded friendly match to be played at Blackwell Meadows after winning an online vote for the best goal celebration in non-league football this season.

After Styche scored against Chorley at Blackwell Meadows in January he jumped into a mound of snow beside the pitch along with team-mate Gary Brown.

It was a fitting way to say thank you to the 70 or so supporters who helped ensure the game went ahead by spending the morning of the game clearing snow from the pitch, without their efforts the club would have suffered a postponement.

A fan then pledged to donate money to the Darlo Sponsor a Goal scheme - which raises money for the club - if Styche jumped into the snow if he scored.

Styche rose to the challenge, as did Brown, after scoring in the 2-2 draw, one of 12 goals he has scored for the club 18 games.

The celebration was on a shortlist of ten compiled by Marathon Bet, who ran the Non-League Challenge Competition, and an online vote ended on Sunday morning with Quakers coming out on top.

National League club Aldershot were among the other nine on the shortlist for the competition, as were Worthing, Grantham Town, Brackley Town, Leamington, Maidenhead United, Needham Market, St Albans and Whitehawk.

It was last year won by Corby and, as well as the £20,000, Quakers’ prize includes a friendly against a team of ex-Premier League players.

Confirmed so far to line up at Blackwell Meadows on Sunday, July 29 are Chris Waddle, Alan Stubbs, Richard Dunne, Kieron Dyer, Joleon Lescott, Danny Mills, Luke Young, Wayne Bridge and Emile Heskey.

The Premier League team will be managed by England 1966 World Cup hero Sir Geoff Hurst, while Quakers will receive 90 per cent of the gate receipts with the remaining 10 per cent donated to charity.

Meanwhile, Darlington midfielder Joe Wheatley has been named in the latest England C squad to play in Dublin against the Republic of Ireland next month.

The game takes place on Sunday, May 27, and a week later England play against Estonia.

Wheatley was named on the standby squad for a recent England C game in Wales, but did not travel to the fixture.

Darlington are due to play at Spennymoor Town on Thursday evening, though the fixture is subject to an inspection at the Brewery Field, where there has been pitch problems for months.

Moors’ home game with Kidderminster this evening has been moved to Harrogate Town.