Macmillan Bowl preliminary round Darlington RA Res 0 v 4 Richmond Tn

Second division side Railway Athletic matched their first division opponents Richmond, but the visitors were denied twice in the opening half hour when poor finishing and good goal keeping kept Richmond at bay, but in the 32nd minute Richmond finally broke the deadlock when Jason Newall scored. In the second half, as one would expect, the Darlington side pressed forward but were caught on the counter, when Richard Thompson made it 2-0 seven minutes into the second half, Lee Robertson then just about made the game safe in the 65th minute, before Thompson struck again with fifteen minutes remaining to secure a first round match.

Guisb Town Res 0 Teesside Ath 4

This first meeting for these two second division sides was very even for the first half, but right on the stroke of half time the Redcar visitors Teesside Athletic grabbed the lead through Chris Ellis. The home side's keeper was then punished by Mark Farrell who made it 2-0 from close range. 14 minutes later another goalkeeping error resulted in the Redcar side taking a 3-1 lead through Kirk Forsyth. This error and goal saw the home side's head drop and Teesside Athletic booked a first round match when Lee Robertson scored.

First Division

Fishburn Park 1 Bedale FC 3

Whitby side Fishburn Park who topped the League at the start of the day, fell behind to Bedale after only ten minutes when Adam Bramley showed his class by scoring when he headed a throw from Steve Anderson home. Five minutes later Anderson added a second with a long cross that caught out the Fishburn keeper leaving the Whitby side reeling, this was made worse five minutes before half time when Paul Orton fired home direct from a free kick that thundered into the top corner. In the second half the home side pressed for a way back into the match but were only rewarded with seven minutes remaining when Dean Price scored.

Grangetown BC 3 BEADS FC 1

Grangetown Boys Club entertained basement club BEADS FC, who shocked the current League Champions, by taking the lead after ten minutes through Paul Chamberlain. The home side pressed forward but it was four minutes before half time before the Leagues top goal scorer Ian McGowan made it 1-1 with his 11th of the season, a minute before half time the Boys Club reversed the deficit when Paul Cochrane scored to make it 2-0 to the home side. The second half was very even with the visitors pressing forward but seven minutes into the second half Cochrane struck with his second of the match.

Hollybush Utd 1 Acklam SW 5

Hollybush United who slipped to a 4-1 mid-week defeat by Mackinlay Park, fell behind after only five minutes when entertaining Acklam Steelworks. Dean Talukder on target for the visitors, the Hollybush drew level 15 minutes through Rob Jones. The rest of the first half was very even and it remained at 1-1 going into half time. Five minutes into the second half Acklam took the lead again through Cappy Warburton and in the 58th minute Talukder made it 3-1, the head of the Hollybush side then dropped and 12 minutes later it was made worse when Acklam were awarded a penalty from which Talukder secured his hat trick, with eight minutes remaining it was all over for the home side when Talukder was on target for the fourth time.

Nunthorpe Ath 9 Mackinlay Park 1

Redcar side Mackinlay Park were brought down to earth with a resounding bump, when they stitched their match to Nunthorpe Athletic. After only two minutes Nunthorpe took the lead when good work by Peter Boldison set up Anthony Roberts to tap home, Roberts then turned provider for Boldison to make it 2-0, before he struck again in the 15th minute to make it 3-0. Ross Whatmore scored the goal of the game, when he sped into the Redcar side box, drew the keeper before sliding the ball into the bottom corner before Roberts completed his hat trick. Boldison grabbed two more, Roberts bagged his fourth and James Mellon completed the home side's scoring with Michael Collantine grabbing the consolation goal.

Stokesley SC 2 Thornaby YC 4

Stokesley were entertaining Thornaby Youth Club who took an eight minute lead through Mac Allen who broke clear and slid the ball past the keeper. Five minutes later Stokesley had a chance to draw level when Jonathan Smith was pulled back in the area, but from the resulting spot kick his weak kick was easily saved. Two minutes before half-time the Youth Club increased their lead when sloppy marking saw a far post header by Paul Kreczack make it 2-0. The home side pulled it back to 2-1 a minute later when James Middleditch chipped the ball from the edge of the Youth Club area to take them in at half time a goal behind at 2-1. In the second half the home side were on top but the visitors raced up the other end to make it 3-1 with Allen's second of the match. Kreczack then broke again and chipped stranded keeper Colin Smith and Middleditch then beat the Youth Club keeper from just inside his own half after spotting him of his line with a wonderful lob.

Whitby Town Res 0 Thornaby FC 5

Whitby Town, who won on Monday evening 4-3 against Carlin How, were evenly matched for the first 45 minutes of this encounter with Thornaby with chances at both ends. Early in the second half Frank Moran missed a glorious chance for the home side and this seemed to change the course of the game.

Michael Arif gave the visitors the lead, five minutes later he doubled the lead before Neil Preston added the third in the 70th minute. Arif completed his hat trick and Danny Jones finished things off.

Wolviston Res 0 New Marske SC 1

A tight match between these two teams at the bottom end of the table with visitors New Marske looking for their first win of the season. Wolviston were looking for results to move up the table, the only goal of the game came as early as the sixth minute when Steve Whalley struck his second of the season to secure their first win of the season.

Second Division

Darlington CB 2 Teesside Arriva 6

Home side Darlington Cleveland Bridge had only played two matches before this match and they shocked their visitors Teesside Arriva by taking the lead after only fifteen minutes through Darren Wray, but the lead was short lived as Paul Proudlock equalised ten minutes later. The Hartlepool side then took a two goal advantage into the half time break when Mark Dixon and Steven Lahney scored. In the second half the home side pressed forward but were caught out on the break when Dixon added his second to make it 4-1 before Lahney then added his second ten minutes later, Jamie Smith made the scoreline more respectable when he scored his first of the season for Cleveland Bridge, but Paul Malcolmson secured an emphatic win.

Darlington SRM 2 Billingham W 1

Darlington Simpson Rolling Mills were still looking for their first win and they did not like getting it when visitors Billingham Wanderers took a 12th minute lead through David Philips. In the second half the home side had to replace their keeper who had injured his hand with Gavin Harris, they finally got some rhythm going and they were rewarded with ten minutes remaining when substitute Mike Bland made it 1-1. Five minutes later the Darlington manager's inspired substitution brought its reward when Bland struck again.

Dormans FC 1 SMG Redstripes 2

Dormans had to find another pitch due to cricket commitments, but fell behind after a tight opening half hour, Lee Johnston scored for visitors SMG Redstripes who now lead the table. Five minutes after going behind Dormans who will appear before the League Management Committee in two weeks time, drew level through Andrew Wood. In the second half the match was again very even but on the hour the Billingham side hit the winner through Steven Keel.

Teesside Link 3 Whinney Banks 4

Teesside Link were looking for their third win of the season when entertaining Whinney Banks, who were beaten 2-1, on Monday evening, by Billingham Wanderers. The Thornaby side went three goals up when Paul Lambert, Steve Hill and an own goal. But Whinney Banks fougth back and claimed an unlikely victory when John Blamires (2), David Barnes and Nathan Jameson scored after Steven Webster was sent off for the Link.