Richmond Town: THE Under-9s travelled to Barnard Castle where they hoped to get a result, writes Ben Prosser.

The first match started well including a shot past the keeper by captain J Henry to take the lead. In the second half Barnard Castle fought back and were level until ten seconds before the end when J Dawson controlled the ball and shot with his left foot across the keeper and into the goal winning the game 2-1.

In the second game it was fairly even until T Larder chipped the keeper with the outside of his left foot to take the lead. He then struck twice more from distance to win the game 3-0. In both games the defending and goalkeeping were great and the whole squad were man of the match for their effort.

The Under-10s were home to Catterick AWS. Team one drew 3-3 after being 3-0 down so it was a good fight back. Goals were from D Clarke, C Garside and an own goal. Man of the match was P Yates. Team two lost 4-0. Their performance did not reflect the scoreline. Man of the match was L Conway.

The Under-11s were at home to Darlington Albion and were trying to maintain there 100 per cent home record. Richmond started brightly with G Hill causing the Albion defence all sorts of problems and it was his weaving run and shot that gave Richmond the lead. Richmond added a second five minutes before half time when G Hill's shot rebounded off the keeper and C Morris added the second. Richmond pushed forward in search of extending their lead but were unable to build on their possession. The second half started with Richmond on top but Albion got more into the game and when the Richmond attack broke down on the edge of Albion's penalty area a counter attack saw Albion score. Albion were back in the game and they scored again. Final score was 2-2.Man of the match was G Hill.

The Under-12s were home to Bedale and in very windy conditions they won 4-1 and took the lead with a goal from R Bastow. Bedale then equalised before half time but in the second half Richmond took the lead with a second goal for R Bastow. C Swainston made it 3-1 with R Bastow completing his hat-trick near the end. Man of match was B Whiteside.

The Under-14s slumped to a 1-0 defeat at home to Coulby Newham. In windy conditions there was a distinct advantage in each half. Coulby Newham controlled the first half and Richmond the second. Coulby Newham scored in the first half after a soft goal from a corner where the cross curled onto the bar and an attacker put the ball in. Richmond lost out in midfield and were unable to penetrate the well organised Coulby Newham defence which also controlled the pacey Richmond attack. Richmond were unable to create much and the battle of the leaders was won by Coulby.

The Under-15s were at home to leaders Hartlepool Power Station and drew 2-2. It was a good game in difficult conditions and a strong wind. Hartlepool were 1-0 in the lead at half time playing with the wind but Richmond scored twice in the second half with goals from P Akers and C Cox.

Thirsk Falcons

THE Under-13s preserved their 100 per cent league record with a 2-1 victory over a resolute Brompton. Thirsk dominated from the off forcing a succession of corners however, Fountain, Costick and Burrell were all foiled by the keeper. The opener eventually came when a sweeping attacking involving Burrell, James, Dixon and Raw resulted in Duncan Padgett's cross shot lobbing the keeper.

In the second half Thirsk stepped it up, Dixon clouted the bar, James was twice denied by great saves, Raw pulled two shots just wide and had a penalty saved.

With 15 minutes left man of the match D Padgett secured his brace and the points arrowing a venomous shot in on the turn. Brompton broke and denied Falcons a clean sheet when Luke Byrne beat Brough, but Thirsk were worthy winners.

Last week Thirsk vanquished Whinney Banks 11-0, Fountain (4), Costick (3), Raw (2), D Padgett (2). The goalscorer for Thirsk U14s dispatched Dormans 5-0 thanks to goals from David James (2), Johnny Lake, Mathew Lawley and Jamie Howe.