Arthur Read Memorial Shield quarter finals sponsored by Leven Bridge Engineering

St. Mary's Coll. OB 4 v 0 M'brough PO

The College had the better of the earlier exchanges and they took control in the 15th minute when Dave Aspery scored with a diving header from Wally Kaid's cross. Kaid also set up St. Mary's second goal on the half hour when another run down the left wing produced the cross for Craig Sillick to fire home. Both sides did well in trying to come to terms with the heavy conditions but after the break it was the College who extended their lead when Aspery headed on for Sillick shoot into the top corner. Substitute Mark Elliott completed the scoring when he ran on to a through ball before going through one on one with the keeper.

B & H King's Head 2 v 1 Ennis Square

The King's Head held the upper hand for most of the game with man of the match Steve Smith heading them into the lead on the half hour following a corner. Although on top, it was not until 15 minutes from time that the King's Head made their superiority tell when Paul Round Junior went through one on one with the keeper. Ennis pulled a goal back in the dying stages of the game with a well struck shot from the edge of the area following a corner.

Redcar Coke Ov. 0 v 1 Thornaby Mand.

Coke Ovens went down to leaders Thornaby Mandale. With both sides putting everything into this game, the first goal was always going to be crucial. Following a goalless first half, Gary French went desperately close for the Cokies when he went through with just the keeper to beat. Fortunately for the visitors, French's shot was saved by the keeper and almost immediately, Mandale responded with what proved to be the decisive goal. Following a scrappy passage of play on the edge of the Coke Ovens area, the ball broke for Steve Lambert who finished in fine style to book Mandale's semi-final spot.

Stockton Elementis 2 v 1 Stokesley

Stokesley put Thornaby Village under some pressure but it was the Village who opened the scoring when a cross come shot went in off the post. On the stroke of half time, the Village went further ahead when they were awarded a penalty which was duly converted. Ten minutes into the second half, Stokesley's pressure finally paid off when they reduced the arrears via an own goal but despite going all out for an equaliser, Stokesley were held at bay.

Wilf Leader Trophy Quarter Finals

Woodman's Arms 5 v 2 Black Horse

Although the Black Horse have struggled in the league, they have had their moments in cup matches. Away to North Riding quarter finalists Woodman's Arms, the Black Horse took the lead when Peter Conway scored and they held on to their lead till just before the break when the Woodman's responded with a well executed looping header from Paul Birk. A minute into the second half, the Woodman's took the lead through Chris Mothersill and they were in complete control moments later when Steve Sherrington found the back of the net. Rob Prosser was next on the scoresheet scoring at the second attempt after his first shot had been partially saved and Rooke picked up his second of the game beating two men before firing low into the bottom corner of the net. Paul Walters gave the scoreline a semblance of respectability scoring directly from a free kick.

The Grenadier 2 v 3 Thornaby Village

Both sides struggled to come terms with the heavy pitch and in blustery conditions, and it was not until the hour mark that Thornaby Village took the lead when Mark Casey's cross was turned into his own goal by a Grenadier defender. Two goals followed in quick succession with Gareth Edwards beating two defenders before slotting the ball home and Dean Melville scoring from a breakaway. With the game seemingly in the bag, the Village paid the penalty with the Grenadier hitting back with goals from Darren Beattie and a twenty yarder from Paul Stephenson. The Village managed to pick up the game once again and held firm till the final whistle.

Bull's Head 0 v 1 North Skelton FC

The North Skelton derby produced a committed performance from both sides with just a solitary goal separating the sides. Bull's Head had the better of the goal attempts and were unlucky not to take the lead hitting the post four times and clipping the cross bar on two occasions. Inevitably, sides wasting good chances pay the penalty and in the 60th minute, Danny Jempson broke the left wing before cutting in a putting North Skelton ahead.

South Ba. U 3 v 1 Coulby Newham LF

South Bank United booked a second semi-final place but they had to come from behind after Mark Sowerby had volleyed home 20 minutes into the game. Coulby keeper Patrick Disani pulled off a brilliant penalty save minutes later from Tony Leach but from a very tight angle, Dave Larkin picked up the loose ball slotted home the equaliser. United took the lead when John Webster laid on a superb through ball for Andy Truscott who beat three defenders before firing home. Having twice hit the woodwork through Truscott and Larkin, United wrapped up a fine performance when Peter Truscott beat a defender before rounding the keeper to score.