Chester-le-Street Ladies

Womens Northern League Cup Semi Final

Marton 1 v Chester Le Street 2

A fiercely competitive semi final saw the Cestrians edge this game, packed with incidents and excitement. Chester Le Street, , with seven players under 16 years old, took control of the game in the first half with captain Vikki Ryder hitting the bar and both Rachel Weightman and Ashley Scott going close before Natalie Gutteridge gave hem the lead on the stroke of half time. The second half started with Marton coming out stronger in serach of an equaliser and putting the Cestrians under constant pressure. However Chester gradually got stronger and when Rachel Furness scored the game looked over. Much to their credit, Marton batled on and forced the normally reliable chester back four into an uncharacteristic error, Ann Marie Purvis and Rae Taylor combining to beat outstanding keeper Rachel Young, though neither rushed to claim the goal. Marton pushed on in search of the equaliser but Chester Le Street hung on, despite almost 15 minutes of stoppage time, to book their place in the final.

This week Chester Le Street visit South Durham Royals, K.O 2pm.

Durham City

Durham City ladies battled out a 1-0 victory against a young skilfull Wardley team. The pitch which was waterlogged only 14 days earlier was hard and bobbly for the game. However, City adapted to the conditions a lot better and won the majority of the 50-50 challenges and headers.

Durham nearly scored when Mel Jones found herself with the ball at her feet eight yards out, her shot was struck well enough but went straight at the 'keeper. Durham then took the lead in the twenty seventh minute when striker Charlotte Rimmer was fouled in the box. Captain Claire Turner made no mistake with the resultant kick.

Just before half time both teams hit the cross bar, City striker Becky Welch turned and fired a fierce shot against the Wardley bar - at the other end 'keeper Sarah Alexander could only watch as the ball came off the top of her crossbar.

After a lively first half Durham were more defensive in the second and the game went a little flat. However the three points were important to City and seven points in three games means that Durham are now no longer in relegation trouble.

Tyne Tees Girls League

Under 12s Presidents Trophy

Boldon 6 v 0 Lumley

This trophy tie was played in good spirit by two committed teams. Boldon had a 5-0 lead at half time thus effectively wrapping up the tie with some neat passing football. Lumley tried hard but could not cope with Boldons crisp passing. Changes were made to Boldons line up at half time and only one further goal was scored to make the final score 6 - 0. Player of the match awards went to Sarah Hall for Boldon and Lauren Spencer for Lumley.

South Durham Royals 3 v 0 Low Fell

South Durham played hosts to Low Fell in the trophy with the home side starting well, working hard giving the visitors no time on the ball. Royals opened the scoring after 10 minutes when Rebecca Pattinson turned and shot past the Low Fell keeper. The home side commanded the midfield feeding the ball through to Fiona Cantwell up front only to see her denied on several occasions by Sophie Parish in the Low Fell goal. Stephanie Hartley made an excellent save just after the break to deny Low Fell. Royals went on to score two more through Jane White and Vicky Wray with the player of the match awards going to Alex Saunders for Royals and Sophie Parish for her outstanding display in goal for Low Fell. Credit goes to Low Fell who never gave up.

Blyth Town 2 v 0 Newcastle

At the start of the game Newcastle attacked the Blyth defence with great speed and skill to put them under pressure but could not get past Blyths captain and player of the match Rachel Wilson who along with the other defenders kept the visitors away from the home sides goal. Blyth found Newcastle a different side to the one they played 2 weeks ago, being a determined team they are now proving difficult to beat. Blyth took the lead through Rebecca McGinley and their second was scored by Claire Pitt. This was an excellent game of cup football played by both teams. Player of the match for Newcastle was awarded to Eleanor Moran.

Middlesbrough FITC 4 v 1 Norton & Stockton

Middlesbrough progressed to the semi-final of the Presidents Trophy with a win against a hard working Norton side. After a goalless first period, Middlesbrough took the lead with a fine shot into the corner from Rachel Duncan followed by a second from Rebecca Stephenson. Middlesbrough's girl of the match jess Hughes worked hard in midfield together with Gemma Craddy throughout the game to create opportunities and Middlesbrough extended their lead with a second from Rachel Duncan. Norton fought back strongly towards the end of the game and were rewarded with a goal from player of the match Phillipa Thomas, but almost immediately Zoe Schiller restored Middlesbrough's lead.

Under 13s Presidents Trophy semi-finals

Newcastle Juniors 3 v 5 Norton & Stockton

A closely fought game taken to extra time to decide the tie. Following some desperate defending Norton & Stockton took the lead to end the first period 1-0 up. In the second period of play the home side got their game together and started to apply the pressure on the Norton goal and were rewarded through the determination of Lisa Moore who equalised. Newcastle continued to apply pressure and Lisa Moore netted for the second time to see the home side go in at half time 2-1 up. Norton equalised in the third period of play with a header from their player of the match Hayley Pratt. The final period of play started with both teams level and it was the home side who took the lead with a goal from Elizabeth Tulip. Norton found the equaliser from a goal mouth scramble which saw the score level at the final whistle. Extra time saw Norton show they were the more determined team and although the first period ended level, Norton scored twice in the second period of extra time through Hayley Pratt and deservedy go through to the final.

Blyth Town 21 v 0 North Shields Juniors

Blyth were to strong for a weakend North Shields side going 5-0 up by the end of the first period. The second period saw Blyth extend their lead to 12 by half time. North Shields tightened up and only allowed Blyth to score twice in the third period. A great strike from Adele Fletcher and a girl of the match performance from Stephanie Towns saw North Shields score giving them a much needed lift. Credit to the North Shields girls who did not lie down and battled to the end but were defeated by a strong Blyth team. Player of the match for Blyth was Rachel Kennedy.

Under 12s League

Barnard Castle 1 v 5 Spraire Lasses

The first period of play started well with both teams testing each others keepers on a number of occasions but it was Spraire who broke the deadlock just before the end of the first period of play. It was Spraire who found the net to extend their lead. The final period of play saw Spraire step up a gear and pushed home their goal advatage to five, the Barny girls finally found the net to finish a highly entertaining game 5-1 Girl of the match for Barny was awarded to their goal scorer Danielle Scarr. For Spraire the award went to Laura Spence.

Wardley Wrens 4 v 2 Birtley Town

This was a closely fought and exciting match which could have gone either way. Wardley took an early lead after a goalmouth scramble, then they extended their lead in the second period of play and seemed comfortable. Birtley game out stronger in the second half and reduced the deficit with a fine taken goal from their player of the match Laura Lines. The score remained 2-1 until the final period of play when Wardley the extended their lead only to see Birtley reply again through Laura Lines. In the final 10 minutes Birtley nearly scored and had a number of corners, but it was Wardley who found the net to make the final score 4-2. Player of the match for Wardley was Emmy Campbell.

Seaton Carew 0 v 12 St. Francis 2000 FC

Scorers Fiona McAlpine(1), Girl of the match Stacie Kelly(1), Laura Lidster (2), Natasha Collins (3), and (5) from Sarah Rowbotham. Jessica Coates was awarded player of the match for Seaton.

Billingham 0 v 14 Marton

Billingham found it difficult to break down Marton during the game, however they did have the first chance of the game which was saved on the line by the Marton keeper. Marton played excellent football and deserved to win but the scoreline was misleading as Billingham kept on the pressure and were unlucky not to have scored. Jessica Close came the closest with one shot coming back off the crossbar and another skimming the far post. Player of the match awards went to Rachel Turner Holmes for Billingham and Stephanie Chisman for Marton. Goal scorers were Samantha Conroy (1), Laura Wilson (1), Stephanie Chisman (2), Rebecca Robinson (4) and 6 from Felicity Middleton.

Under 13s League

Lumley Lasses 4 v 0 South Durham Royals

A very even game with the only diference between the teams being a great display in the Lumley goal from their player of the match Chloe Bailey. Lumley went in at half time 1-0 up and it was several great saves which had kept the home side in the match. Further goals in the second half saw Lumley win by 4 goals to nil which was a wider margin than the play confirmed. Alex Saunders was awarded player of the match for the visitors with a great midfield display.

Under 14s League

St. Francis 2000 FC 1 v 3 Newcastle

Goal scorers were Helen McCamley for St Francis with Kelly Daley getting the player of the match award. Anna Stokoe, Danielle Clasper and Becky Boakes netted for Newcastle with Laura Jobson being awarded player of the match

Blyth Town 15 v 0 Forest Hall

Blyth opened the scoring after being awarded a penalty after 15 minutes, a further 4 goals before half time saw Blyth lead 5-0 at the interval. The second half was dominated by Blyth but credit to the youngsters from Forest Hall who kept going right to the end. Player of the match awards went to Jessica Havelock for Blyth and Leanne Brooks for Forest Hall.

Catterick 1 v 1 Lumley

This proved to be a very even match played in heavy conditions. Lumley went ahead when they chased a long ball and slotted home past Charlotte Ewbank in the Catterick goal. Catterick pushed forward looking for the equaliser and were handed the opportunity when they were awarded a penalty. Sarah Tunstall stepped up and put it wide. With minutes remaining Louise McCaffrey broke clear from a very strong challenge and fired her shot past the Lumley keeper.