The North Easy Christian Fellowship league first round matches got under way with Stakeford Methodist Church posting the most significant win of the round.

Stakeford went behind in the first half at Airport Church Newcastle with a goal by David Donaldson. On in the 70th minute Graeme Barr equalised from a corner. The match at 1-1 went into extra time and in the last minute Stakeford were awarded a penalty, Danny Vuong took the penalty but Nick Moran Airport keeper saved the spot kick which sent the match into a penalty shoot-out with Stakeford winning four penalties to two.

At Hearton Hearts the second division club had no answer to First Division Jesmond Parish Church. Andy Widdrington gave Jesmond a first half lead. He got a second with Kieron McGrane scoring twice and goals from Jason Cochrane and David Angiers with the match finishing 6-0. Jesmond Parish Corinthains led 3-0 after ten minutes from Simon Richardson (2), and Steve Bates. St Peter's Low Fell fought back with goals from Steve Reynolds, Rob Laybourne, two each, and Barry Ward a goal as the Saints won 5-3.

At Monkwearmouth Christians they and Bethshan Christian Centre played a close first half with George Churchill and Steve Catavdo and a pair from Adam Brown. Catavdo got a second later in the match to send Bethshan through to the next round 4-2 winners.

In the Second Round St John's Church Snod's end are sick of the sight of Heworth Christian Fellowship after already losing twice in the league. Heworth have not pout 17 goals past St John's. On home ground St John's managed two goals from Ray Wilkinson with David Fittes and Keith Vincent both scoring twice. With Anthony Dixon also scoring giving Heworth a 5-2 win.

Whitley Bay Churches travelled to Emmanuel Yarm and Chris Bowler gave Bay the lead. David McQullian equalised for Yarm with Christian Cerisola notching the winner for Whitley bay.

In Division One Stranton Saints Hartlepool consolidated fourth spot four points behind Metro Church Sunderland and a game in hand with a 2-0 win at Ryton Churches. Scott Newbiggan and Martin Scivring got a goal each either side of half time.

In Division Two St Aidans Chapel Castington dropped three valuable home points to Bethany Christian Centre. David Taylor opened the scoring in the first half with Ronnie Smith scoring a brace in the second half to give Bethany a 3-0 win.