League leaders, Spennymoor A came from behind to beat their hosts at Fishburn A and hold on to a four points lead at the top.

Wayne Oliver put the home side ahead with a good win over Eddie Rhodes, but Karl Welsh levelled with a black ball win over John Griffin. John Carter restored the home lead when he beat Paul Atkinson only to see Ronnie Bateman level by beating Charlie Hirst on the black. In the decider the Moors Paul Biddle put in a 31 break to beat Brian Quest.

Old Shildon entertained Wheatley Hill A with both teams level in second place. However the home side raced into a five points lead after they whitewashed their visitors. The Old Shildon team had points from Michael Pratt with 65 and 42 breaks, Jossie Aldworth, Stephen Bennett, Billy Goggins and Charlie Blake, who put in a 38 break. Dave Walker knocked in a 30 break but lost on the black to Aldworth.

Meadowfield pulled off a good win against the visiting Cockton Hill when Craig Hughes beat Harold Lomax in the decider. Lee Taylor and Andrew Aisbitt scored for Cockton Hill with Stephen Hughes and Ian Hodgson squaring the match.

Despite dropping only one point on their visit to Newton Aycliffe, Witton Gilbert are still three points off the pace at the bottom of the First Division. Ronnie Hall scored the only point for the home side, whilst Ken Davison, John Rooney junior, Willis Joynes and John Rooney senior.

Shotton Palms edged their way out of the relegation spots and pushed their visitors from Willington down into next to bottom spot after only Tom Parkin scored their only point. The Shotton winners were Barry Hall, John Armstrong, Jimmy Evans junior and Paul Hickman.

Sherburn Village were never headed by the visiting Brandon, who went down by the odd point. Michael Crisp put the home side ahead with Brian Graham levelling. Scott Mallaburn restored the home lead but Kevin Sample put in a 31 break to level. In the decider Peter McGowan beat the visiting Graham Jackson.

Bearpark closed the gap at the top of the Second Division to just two points when they only dropped one point on their visit to Crowtrees A. The home side's only point came from Sean Johnston whilst David Jackson, Alan Smith, Shaun Easter with a 31 break and Glen Morton took Bearpark to victory.

Wingate remained at the top of the Second Division when they were never behind at Langley Park. Geoff Howe put the visitors ahead but Ray Coates levelled. John Bourne restored the Wingate lead only to see Lenny Thompson equalise. In the decider Wingate's Steve Allen beat Steve Renwick.

Newhouse slipped ten points behind Bearpark when they could only manage one point from their home game against Stanley Central, who moved out of the relegation spots in the Second Division. John Maddox took the only point for Newhouse, whilst Walter Cornell, Frank Foster, Harold Grimes and Jim Dufton equalled the best win of the season for the Central, recorded in the first week.

Only Colin Robinson managed a point for Belmont when they visited Spennymoor B. The home side had wins from Alan Rowell, Phil Wilson, Wayne Parry and Micky Anderson.

Hunwick A were twice ahead of the visiting Ferryhill but eventually went down in the decider. Neville Blenkinsopp put Hunwick ahead but Bernie Jones equalised. Des Mason restored the home lead but Mark Wilson levelled. In the decider Ferryhill's Neil Spender beat Norman Kirkley.

Coundon held on to a two points lead at the top of the Third Division but they were taken to the decider by their hosts at Leeholme A. Frank Nicholson and Mally Ryder put Coundon ahead only to see Barry Shaw and Karl Thompson equalise. In the decider Coundon's Graham Goulbourn beat Ian North.

Sacriston are in second place in the Second Division and cut a point back on Coundon when they beat the visiting Leeholme B by three points. Only Brian Harrison managed to take a point for the visitors, whilst Steve Bradley, Mark Appleby, Dale Evans and Kevin Laing with a 31 break won for Sacriston.

Durham City are still in third place in the Third Division but slipped ten points behind Sacriston when they went down in the decider at home to New Durham. Gordon Bowes put the visitors ahead but Eric Wright levelled. John Robinson restored the visitors lead but Gary Ward equalised. In the decider, New Durham's Kevin Scullion beat Kevin Smith.

Fishburn B recovered from two consecutive defeats when they visited Tow Law and only dropped one point. Lee Cullinan won his first point in the league for Tow Law, but Michael Bell, John Hodgson, Winston Hodgson and George Whitelock won for the visitors.

Crook belle Vue edged through to beat the visiting Crowtrees B with wins from Arnold Fleming, Ken Rider and John Warriner whilst Terry Gibson and David Taylor won for the Crowtrees team.

Results :Newhouse 1 Stanley Central 4; Durham City 2 New Durham 3; Newton Aycliffe 1 Witton Gilbert 4; Leeholme A 2 Coundon 3; Tow Law 1 Fishburn B 4; Shotton Palms 4 Willington 1; Hunwick A 2 Ferryhill 3; Crook Belle Vue 3 Crowtrees B 2; Sherburn Village 3 Brandon 2; Spennymoor B 4 Belmont 1; Old Shildon 5 Wheatley Hill A 0; Crowtrees A 1 Bearpark 4; Meadowfield 3 Cockton Hill 2; Langley Park 2 Wingate 3; Sacriston 4 Leeholme B 1; Fishburn A 2 Spennymoor A 3.

Crook League

The results of the quarter finals of the League Singles Championship were: John Warriner (Crook Belle Vue) lost to Michael Burke (Crook Travbellers Rest B); Ian Bibby (Crook Mill House) lost to Simon Boughey (Crook Royal Sun Inn); Les Scott (Crook Coach and Horses) lost to Gavin Witton (Crook Olde Horse Shoe); David Stephenson (Crook Olde Horse Shoe) lost to David Haygarth (Crook Royal Sun). The four winners will play the semi-finals and final on the League Finals Night on Wednesday, 12 March at Crook Spitfire Club. The League Pairs Championship semi-finals draw is Ian Bibby & Alan Saville (Crook Mill House) v Neil Campbell & Lee Taylor (Crook Travellers Rest B) and Kevin Carter & Carl Maddison (Crook King's Head) v Gavin Witton & Brian Johnson (Crook Olde Horse Shoe). The winners will play the Final on the Finals Night.

Curry Cup

The Final of this season's competition will be between Ian Renwick of Witton Gilbert and Dave Walker of Wheatley Hill A at Durham City on Wednesday, 26 March at 7.30 p.m. The referee will be Alan Greener of Sherburn Village.

CIU Winter Handicap Cup

The results of the Fourth Round were: Tony Ellison 21 (Wheatley Hill B) lost to Peter McGowan 24 (Sherburn Village); Michael Bell 40 (Fishburn B) beat David Blyth 24 (Wheatley Hill B); Stephen Coates 28 (Langley Park) beat Dean Bryden 14 (Wheatley Hill A); Lawrence Jones 24 (Leeholme A) lost to Karl Thompson 45 (Leeholme A); Keith McLauchlan 16 (Crowtrees A) beat Michael Short 24 (Belmont); Craig Hughes 20 (Meadowfield) lost to Michael Pratt -4 (Old Shildon); John Hall 12 (Brandon) beat Stephen Hughes 20 (Meadowfield); Graeme Jackson 18 (Brandon) beat Scott Mallaburn 14 (Sherburn Village).

South West Durham League

At the Annual General Meeting, held in Old Shildon Club, ten teams entered for the coming season. They were Darlington Northgate, Old Shildon, Bishop Auckland gents A and B, Darlington Riley's, Bishop Auckland Cricket Club, Barnard Castle Glaxo, Darlington Hopetown and Shildon Elm Road. The secretary, Jossie Aldworth is keen to increase the number of teams and anyone interested in joining should get in touch with him by telephone on 01388 777362 or by letter to 50 Albert Street, Shildon. DL4 2DW before the next league meeting.

The next meeting will be held in Old Shildon Club on Wednesday 26 March at 7.30 p.m. when the fees for the season of £18 must be paid.

CIU Singles Championship

The results of the Fourth Round were Dave Walker (Wheatley Hill A) lost to Andrew Aisbitt (Cockton Hill); Thomas Cairns (New Durham) beat Terry Ellison (Wheatley Hill B); Kevin Sample (Brandon) lost to Paul Atkinson (Spennymoor A); Ian Renwick (Witton Gilbert) beat Charlie Donaghy (Tow Law).

The semi-final matches, which are the best of five frames, are Paul Atkinson (Spennymoor A) v Andrew Aisbitt (Cockton Hill) at Brandon on Monday, 10 March at 7.30 p.m. with Ken Rider of Crook Belle Vue the referee and Ian Renwick (Witton Gilbert) v Thomas Cairns (New Durham) at Stanley Central on Wednesday, 19 March at 7.30 p.m. with Charlie Donaghy of Tow Law the referee.

CIU Pairs Championship

The results of the Fourth Round are: John Griffin and John Carter (Fishburn A) beat Sonny Hann and Keith McLauchlan (Crowtrees A); Bob Reay and Ronnie Peacock (Wheatley Hill A) beat Bernie Jones and Mark Wilson (Ferryhill); Ian Renwick and Willis Joynes (Witton Gilbert) lost to Ronnie Batenman and Paul Biddle (Spennymoor); George Chapman and Andrew Aisbitt (Cockton Hill) beat Arthur Goldsborough and Jeremy Martin (Willington). The semi-finals, which are the best aggregate score from three frames, is Ronnie Bateman & Paul Biddle (Spennymoor A) v George Chapman & Andrew Aisbitt (Cockton Hill) at Leeholme on Thursday, 20 March at 7.30 p.m. with Mark Brown of Leeholme the referee and Bob Reay & Ronnie Peacock (Wheatley Hill A) v John Griffin & John Carter (Fishburn A) at Crowtrees on Wednesday, 12 March at 7.30 p.m. with Arnold Fleming of Crook Belle Vue the referee.