Bishop Auckland manager Brian Honour says that his team's next three games are vital after they lost 3-2 home to league leaders Hyde on Saturday.

The game was switched from Shildon late on Friday afternoon because part of Shildon's ground was declared unsafe, and at 2-1 there was a shock on the cards.

But Hyde hit back in the second half to leave Bishops on the fringe of the promotion pack.

"The next three games are really important," said Honour. "After Monday against North Ferriby, we've got Belper and Stocksbridge coming up, teams who are below us at the moment in the table.

"We want promotion, so we must make sure that we do well in these games.

"I thought we deserved something out of Saturday's game, but maybe there were one or two tired legs out there.

"The lads tried really hard, and it was heartbreaking when Hyde got the winner."

Bishops took the lead after six minutes, when John Alexander, signed on loan from Darlington, was fouled and Chris Moore scored from the penalty spot.

Hyde levelled after 21 minutes through Carl Barrowclough, but Bishops hit back to regain the lead with a low shot by David Bayles from a Neil Maddison pass.

However, a cross by Hyde's Nicky Hills deceived keeper Marc Riches and dropped into the net for the equaliser two minutes before half-time.

The game looked as if it was heading for a draw until Bishops' defender Chris Mason lost possession inside his own area, allowing Dale Johnson to score the winner.

Bishops are at the Brewery Field again tonight, when they play North Ferriby, their fifth game in ten days.

Defenders Steve West and Chris Mason are both suspended, while midfielder Steve Salvin is still injured.

Spennymoor, meanwhile, will have to go back to Vauxhall Motors after their game on Saturday was abandoned because of high winds.

They have another long trip tonight to league leaders Hucknall, and they will be without skipper Phil Brumwell.

Whitby drew 1-1 at Burscough, their goal coming from a 40 yard free kick by Craig Veart. Mark Sheeran hit the post late in the game for Whitby, who have also released Fabien Bossy.

Blyth lost 2-0 at Stalybridge, and have now dropped to fourth from bottom.