A MAN has admitted violently attacking three people in a house in a North East town.

Liam Keith Hall pleaded guilty to two counts of wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm and one count of attempting to cause grievous bodily harm with intent when he appeared at Teesside Crown Court this morning.

Read more: Alleged armed robbery reported at Southmoor Spar, near Stanley

The 33-year-old was charged following an incident in September at a home on Coleridge Road, Chilton, in which a woman and two teenage girls were taken to hospital suffering from serious injuries.

Hall was remanded in custody until next month when he will be sentenced.

The court heard how Hall had a previous conviction for manslaughter and grievous bodily harm and the case was adjourned for a pre-sentence report.

In 2010, Hall was jailed for two-and-a-half years for the manslaughter of Neil Jones the previous year.

He had been preparing for a martial arts bout and had just left a training session when he encountered Mr Jones at a party in Chilton.

Things turned sour later that night when Mr Jones, a father-of-one who had recently returned to the region following the break-up of his marriage, accused Hall of stealing some cannabis.

Hall punched Mr Jones in the head and then kicked him as he fell to the floor, where he remained unconscious until paramedics arrived.

Attempts to revive him failed and he was later pronounced dead.

In October 2012, he was jailed again for a knife attack on a soldier.

Hall had clashed with a 20-year-old squaddie at a house in Chilton in the May of that year.

Keep up to date with all the latest news on our website, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

You can also follow our dedicated County Durham Facebook page for all the latest in the area by clicking here.

For all the top news updates from right across the region straight to your inbox, sign up to our newsletter here.

Have you got a story for us? Contact our newsdesk on newsdesk@nne.co.uk or contact 01325 505054