THESE are just some of the people to appear before Teesside Crown Court last week.

A woman who kicked off and called police officers 'numb-nuts' when they attempted to arrest her husband has been fined.

Lyndsay Lancaster reacted angrily when the officers arrived at her address and refused to allow them entry unless they had a warrant.

The 43-year-old eventually opened the door of the house on Main Road, Gainford, near Darlington, but became angry and agitated.

Judge Howard Crowson fined Lancaster £130 and ordered her to pay a £32 court surcharge.

A serial burglar is back behind bars following a spate of incidents after he fell back into the grip of addiction.

The Northern Echo: Christopher LeightonChristopher Leighton

Christopher Leighton was caught on CCTV and recognised by police community support officers on several occasions as he targeted a jeweller, two home and stole bikes from outside of shops in Redcar.

The 52-year-old had a number of previous convictions and had served several years in custody for similar offences.

He was jailed for three years and seven months.

A fraudster who scammed a vulnerable pensioner out of £5,000 has been banned from contacting him for five years.

Douglas Gribbin fleeced the man over a number of months by pretending to be using a solicitor to resolve his legal issue over a holiday timeshare scheme.

But instead he was regularly pocketing £150 at a time without doing anything to help the man after befriending him while carrying out legitimate building working at his New Marske home.

Gribbin, who appeared in court via videolink from HMP Northumberland, pleaded guilty to one count of fraud between February 2017 and January 2018.

The court heard how the 44-year-old, formerly of Moorcock Close, Bankfields, Middlesbrough, admitted two charges of fraud, one of theft, two of possessing criminal property and three of unfair trading in 2018.

He was jailed for more than five and a half years after targeting a number of people.

Judge Stephen Ashurst jailed Gribbin for a further six months meaning he will not be entitled to a release date any earlier than June next year.

A pervert who filmed himself repeatedly abusing an unconscious woman has been jailed for four and a half years.

Michael Aird carried out a variety of sexual acts on his victim over a two-hour period all the time videoing his degrading actions.

The Northern Echo: Michael AirdMichael Aird

Aird, of Montague Street, Hartlepool, pleaded guilty to assault by penetration and two charges of sexual assault.

Jailing Aird for four and a half years, Judge Howard Crowson said: "You sexually assaulted her on the three occasions which took place over two hours, that you recorded the assaults added to her degradation."

A motorist who crashed on a country road after losing control of his car has been banned from driving.

Adam Simpson was driving at speeds of up to 90mph as he left Northallerton to head home at 11.30pm on April 28.

The 30-year-old was spotted by police as he headed towards the village of Yafforth but when they tried to pull him over they were unable to get close enough to him.

Simpson, of Iddison Drive, Bedale, pleaded guilty to dangerous driving and driving with a dangerous tyre.

He was sentenced to four months in prison, suspended for two years. He was banned from driving for 18 months and ordered to carry out 80 hours of unpaid work.