TRIBUTES have been made to a mother-of-six who was found dead on New Year's Eve.

Stacey Cooper was described as 'a wonderful mother' by her family after a 27-year-old man appeared in court charged with her murder.

A murder investigation was launched after the 34-year-old was found dead in a property on Malham Gill in Redcar.

Her devastated family issued a statement through Cleveland Police, saying: “Stacey was a much-loved mother-of-six, a treasured daughter and sister.

“There are no words to express our sadness. Stacey was a wonderful mother and the loss of her to her children is unimaginable.”

The Northern Echo:

A police cordon remains in place at Malham Gill, Redcar

Liam Robert Murray, of Whitby Avenue, Guisborough, appeared at Teesside Magistrates Court yesterday morning.

The defendant, wearing a grey T-shirt, spoke only to confirm his name, date of birth and address.

He is charged with one count of murder and a further count of possession of a bladed article – a kitchen knife.

No plea was indicated and he was remanded in custody to appear before Teesside Crown Court today.

Police were called to the address at around 2.20pm on December 31, by the ambulance service.

Ms Cooper was the latest person to be killed during a tragic festive period on Teesside this year with Cleveland Police launching four murder investigations in less than a week.

The first death happened at around 3.20am on Friday, December 27, when a 22-year-old man was found collapsed near Goldies Bar, pictured below, on Stockton High Street.

The Northern Echo:

He was named locally as Michael Lee Dalkin and two people, aged 27 and 30, have been released under investigation on suspicion of murder.

Hours later Francis Betteridge, pictured below, was found dead following a reported incident at his home in Stephens Street in South Bank, Middlesbrough.

The Northern Echo:

The 62-year-old's body was discovered when emergency services were called to the bungalow at 7.55pm.

Anthony James Hart, 38, is charged with the murder of the 'much-loved' man and he appeared at Leeds Crown Court yesterday.

He is also accused of fraud, using someone else's bank card and withdrawing £250 one day later. He has not yet entered pleas to the charges.

The Northern Echo:

Floral tributes outside of Mr Betteridge's South Bank home

Hart, of Hartington Road, Stockton, was remanded in custody until later this month.

A third murder inquiry was started after John Wright was found dead on Parliament Street in Stockton at around 1pm on Sunday.

Family members visited the spot where Mr Wright, pictured below, was found dead to read the floral tributes laid out for their brother.

The Northern Echo:

His two sisters, Jackie and Debbie, paid tribute to their brother who died just two weeks after they buried their mother.

Floral tributes to Mr Wright, below.

The Northern Echo:

Jordan Vaughan, 20, of Harlow Crescent, Thornaby , and Kienan Johnson, 21, of Windsor Road, Stockton, have each been charged with the murder of the 41-year-old.

They are due to appear before Teesside Crown Court this morning.