INVESTIGATIONS into the death of a man who had eaten food from a butchers in County Durham continues.

An inquest review into the death of retired football coach Stewart Graham, 66, was held at Crook Coroner’s Court.

A previous hearing in May was told a post mortem examination, carried out by Home Office pathologist Dr Lakshmi Nair, found the cause of death to be sepsis, bacterial gastroenteritis from salmonella and ischaemic heart disease.

Mr Graham, of Shotton Colliery, had bought some meat and goods from Blackhall Colliery’s Chapman and Sons butchers which he had eaten in the run-up to his death.

He was found dead at his home by his daughter on February 21 - the day before health chiefs issued a warning about a possible salmonella outbreak at the butchers shop.

People were advised to throw out cold pre-cooked meats and savouries bought from the store.

Senior coroner Jeremy Chipperfield heard the case was ongoing and a statement from the butchers’ solicitors was to be handed in next week.

The letter will then be passed to Durham County Council who will produce a report on the inquiry.

A further review was scheduled to take place at the court on December 3.

The butcher's ceased trading following the scare.