A ROAD-RAGE maniac mowed down a stationary motorcyclist at 60mph after the biker accidentally bumped the door of his cherished Audi.

Car-proud Robbie Cheetham, 23, was enraged at the minor damage to the door because the previous day he had repairs done on his car, a court heard.

In a "hot-headed" act of revenge, he cruised the streets looking for the motorcyclist and quickly found that Callum Bracchi, 26, had pulled over by the roadside to check over his machine.

A witness described how Cheetham was travelling at around 60mph when he hurtled head-on over father-of-four Mr Bracchi, leaving a scene of "carnage."

Mr Bracchi flew through the air, breaking both legs and his bike was dragged along under Cheetham's car, which still ploughed into a parked Vauxhall Mokka with enough force to push it backwards the length of three houses.

The victim narrowly survived the impact, but was in hospital a month with both his legs shattered and Teesside Crown Court heard he may never fully recover from his injuries.

Cheetham, the court heard, was already serving a suspended prison sentence for dangerous driving after fleeing police at 90mph in his grandfather's powerful BMW and smashing into a parked car.

The terrifying chase was caught on video by the pursuing officers.

He was jailed for 11 years by a judge who told him he had used his car as a weapon.

Prosecutor Shaun Dodds said Mr Bracchi accidentally bumped the door of Cheetham's silver Audi with the wheel of his motorbike as Cheetham's girlfriend opened the door of the vehicle on a street in Dormanstown, near Redcar, Teesside.

Mr Dodds said: "This case is about revenge. The defendant was furious someone had caused damage to his car and he drove around the streets looking for Mr Bracchi.

"The victim, who had been sitting on his bike, was thrown from the motorcycle, which went under the Audi and was dragged along underneath it.

"Such was the speed of the vehicle that when it hit a parked Vauxhall Mokka that car was pushed the length of three houses and spun through 90 degrees.

"A witness estimated the car was travelling at around 60mph in a 30mph zone."

Doctors considered amputating Mr Bracchi's left leg, such was the seriousness of his injuries. He was in hospital for a month and said he was lucky to survive.

In a statement to the court, he said: "I am grateful I survived this incident and I'm here to watch my children grow up.

"After this I can only walk very slowly over short distances but I am not very mobile and I have been told I may never make a full recovery. These injuries will affect my ability to play with my four kids."

Paul Abrahams, mitigating, told the court: "This was a hot-headed action and reaction to events. It was not akin to deliberately arms himself with a knife or a gun.

"One could perhaps equate the car with that but he was already in it and it was a shot period of time between the damage to his vehicle and when he sadly saw Mr Bracchi.

"He had spent the previous day repairing damage on the vehicle. He was upset about that and completely over-reacted to the situation."

Cheetham was further banned and fined for driving whilst disqualified in September 2015.

In March 2016, he was given a nine-month prison sentence, which was suspended for 24 months, after the BMW police pursuit.

Judge Simon Bourne-Arton, QC, activated six months of the suspended sentence when he jailed Cheetham, of Kirkleatham Lane, Redcar, for a total of 11 years.

He told him: "You clearly were hot-headed because if you had given any thought about what you were about to do you would have realised the substantial damage it would cause.

"You caused serious injuries to Mr Bracchi, injuries he will suffer from for most of his life.

"He is a young man who should be able to play with his young children and you have deprived him of that by your actions

"A motor car is a dangerous weapon when it is in the wrong hands."