DARLINGTON BOROUGH COUNCIL (VARIOUS ROADS) ORDER 2018Notice ID: BR3387883
DARLINGTON BOROUGH COUNCIL (VARIOUS ROADS) ORDER 2018 NO. 1
Notice is hereby given that Darlington Borough Council has made an Order under Sections 1, 2, 4, 32, 33, 35, 45, 46, 47, 49, 51, 53 and 84 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and of the Traffic Management Act 2004. The effect of the Order, which will be operative from the 2nd July 2018, will be as follows:-
1. To introduce No Stopping at School Entrance Mon-Fri 8am-4pm on the east side of Dodsworth Street - from a point opposite the northern boundary 19b Alliance Industrial Estate southwards for a distance of 43.56 metres.
2. To introduce No Waiting and No Loading/Unloading at anytime in parts of Invention Row and Silver Place; and to amend the part of John Fowler Way affected by this restriction.
3. To introduce No Waiting and No Loading/Unloading Mon-Fri 8am-5pm in Abbey Road - the north side, from a point 11 metres west of Vane Terrace westwards for a distance of 74.5 metres; and the south side, from a point 28 metres east of the eastern boundary 63 Abbey Road eastwards for a distance of 80 metres.
4. To introduce No Waiting at any time in parts of Abbey Road; John Dixon Lane; John Fowler Way; John Williams Boulevard; Oban Court and Winding Way; and to remove that restriction from Un-named Road off John Williams Boulevard South from its junction with John Williams Boulevard South eastwards for a distance of 15 metres.
5. To amend one of the areas on the north side of Abbey Road to which a 2 hour limited waiting Mon-Sat 9am-5pm restriction applies from (currently) from a point 11 metres west of its junction with Vane Terrace to a point 134 metres east of its junction with Cleveland Avenue to (proposed) from a point 52.5 metres to a point 119 metres east of its junction with Cleveland Avenue.
6. To introduce a 20mph speed limit and a prohibition of goods vehicles over 7.5 tonnes to following roads - Bakewell Mews; Collingsway; Colpitts Lane; Comet's Garth; Holderness Drive; Hubback Square; Hunt Mews; Invention Row; Jeremiah Drive; Old Favourite's Walk; Red Rose Close; Research Road; Shorthorn Lane; Skerningham Avenue; Steam - Plough Place; Teeswater Drive; and Turf Close.
7. To introduce a 20mph speed limit to part of John Fowler Way (from its junction with Alderman Leach Drive to the western end of the street) and to the entirety of the following roads - Bobbin Crescent; Carding Drive; Elwin Lane; Gibb Avenue; Paton Way; Royal Oak Yard; Spindle Grove; and Spinning Close. To introduce a prohibition of goods vehicles over 7.5 tonnes to Wildair Close and Winding Way.
8. To designate the area of land off Alderman Best Way bounded north by open land, on east by Alderman Best Way, on west by Steel Works and on the south by open land as an off street business parking place to be known as Morton Palms Car Park whereby parking is by permit holders only. Permits can be bought by employees of businesses at Morton Park Business Park at £500 per year.
The notice which was published on the 3rd March 2018 in respect of this Order also indicated that it was proposed to introduce no waiting in parts of Alderman Best Way; and to designate parts of that same road as on street parking places. Following representations it has been decided not to proceed with those proposals. A notice containing full details of the changes can be located at www.darlington.gov.uk/ Transport/carparking/trafficorderconsultation A copy of the Order may be examined free of charge during the hours of 9am to 4.00pm Monday to Friday inclusive at the Town Hall, Feethams, Darlington DL1 5QT. If you wish to question the validity of the Order or any provision of it on the grounds that it is not within the power of the relevant section of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 or of any requirement of that Act or any enactment made under it has not been complied with in relation to the Order you may within six weeks from the date of this notice apply to the High Court for this purpose. Dated 30th June 2018 Luke Swinhoe,
Assistant Director - Law and Governance