ROAD TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS (AMENDMENT NO.1) ORDER 2019Notice ID: BRA1406595
DARLINGTON BOROUGH COUNCIL
ROAD TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS (AMENDMENT NO.1) ORDER 2019
Notice is hereby given that Darlington Borough Council proposes to make an Order under Sections 1, 2, 4, 32, 33, 35, 45, 46, 47, 49 and 53 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and of the Traffic Management Act 2004. The effect of the Order will be as follows:-
1. To introduce no stopping on a school entrance marking Mon-Fri 8am-4pm in parts of The Broadway, West Close and Westfield Drive.
2. To introduce no waiting and no loading/unloading at any time in parts of Beechwood Avenue and Westbrook and to amend the length of road to which the restriction applies in Westbrook Terrace.
3. To amend the restrictions in Hopelands Court and one of the restrictions in Hopelands which prohibit waiting and loading/unloading Mon-Fri 8.30am-9.15am and 2.45pm-3.45pm to a no waiting at any time restriction.
4. To introduce no waiting and no loading/unloading Mon-Fri 8am-4pm in part of West Close
5. To introduce no waiting at any time in parts of Alnwick Place, Banks Road, Blackwell Lane, Bowman Street, Compton Grove, Coniscliffe Road Carmel Road to Victoria Road, Croft Road, Elmfield Road, Elton Parade, Glenfield Road, Grangeside, Greener Drive, Haughton Green, Hollyhurst Road West Back, Hurworth Road, Hutton Avenue, Kendal Close, Longfield Road, Martindale Road, Nunnery Lane, Osborne Close, Pond Field Close, Salters Lane, Salutation Road, Staindrop Road, Thompson Street West, West Auckland Road, Westfield Drive, White House Lane and Yarm Road
6. To amend the lengths of road to which no waiting at any time applies in the following roads - Allington Way, Barnes Road, Faverdale Road North, Faverdale West, Grange Road, Kingsbury Mews, McMullen Road, Morton Park Way and Roundhill Road.
7. To remove no waiting at any time restriction in parts of Beechwood Avenue and Westbrook Terrace.
8. To introduce no waiting 8am-6pm in part of Yarm Road
9. To introduce no waiting Mon-Sat 9am-5pm in part of Bank Road
10. To remove residents parking in part of Beechwood Avenue
11. To introduce loading bays Mon-Fri in part of Arthur Street
12. To amend the description of off street pay and display parking places and introduce a reduction for permits for ten spaces or more at Beaumont Street West Business Car Park (from £800 per space per year to £700)
The Order will amend the Darlington Borough Council (Prohibition and Restriction of Waiting and Loading) Consolidation Order 2019; the Darlington Borough Council (On Street Parking Places) Consolidation Order 2019; the Darlington Borough Council (Off Street Parking Places) Consolidation Order 2019; and the Darlington Borough Council (Residents Parking) Consolidation Order 2019. Full details of the Order are contained in the full Notice which can be located at
. The Notice, draft Order, plans and a statement of the Council's reasons for making the Order may be examined free of charge during the hours of 9am to 4.00pm Monday to Friday inclusive at the Town Hall, Feethams, Darlington DL1 5QT. If you have any queries regarding the proposed changes please phone 01325-406707. If you wish to object to the proposals contained in the Order you should send the grounds of your objection in writing by the 8th November 2019 to the Assistant Director - Law and Governance, Town Hall, Darlington DL1 5QT (Ref: AE) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Dated 18th October 2019
Luke Swinhoe, Assistant Director - Law and Governance