NEWCASTLE United Danny Simpson has told fans he is 'Okay' after he was knocked out in a brawl following his club's 3-2 win over Chelsea.
Simpson was in Manchester when the incident happened around 4am on Sunday morning.
An argument is understood to have begun outside the Rice Flamebar and Grill after the player had been to the Circle Club with former Manchester United team-mates Danny Welbeck and Tom Cleverley.
Distressing phone footage of the aftermath has been circulated showing Simpson unconscious and bleeding in the street.
Speaking on Twitter this morning, Simpson said: "For the record im okay, 2 on 1 well done!"
More Newcastle Utd News
- Colback embarrassed by Newcastle's plight as worries increase on Tyneside
- De Jong and Armstrong push claims with Newcastle reserves
- Carver accepts Newcastle are in a relegation scrap
- MATCH REPORT: Newcastle 1 Tottenham 3
- Match Facts: How Newcastle rated in defeat to Spurs