NEWCASTLE United Danny Simpson has told fans he is 'Okay' after he was knocked out in a brawl following his club's 3-2 win over Chelsea.
Simpson was in Manchester when the incident happened around 4am on Sunday morning.
An argument is understood to have begun outside the Rice Flamebar and Grill after the player had been to the Circle Club with former Manchester United team-mates Danny Welbeck and Tom Cleverley.
Distressing phone footage of the aftermath has been circulated showing Simpson unconscious and bleeding in the street.
Speaking on Twitter this morning, Simpson said: "For the record im okay, 2 on 1 well done!"
More Newcastle Utd News
- Ben Arfa admits to being 'too fragile' during his time at Newcastle
- Magpies striker could be honoured in Spain
- Better late than never as Obertan steps out of the Newcastle shadows
- Colback: Leicester result proves players are fighting to improve Newcastle's position
- Adomah and Tomlin fit to face Wolves, but Clayton likely to miss out