For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Newcastle United star knocked out in early morning brawl
NEWCASTLE United Danny Simpson has told fans he is 'Okay' after he was knocked out in a brawl following his club's 3-2 win over Chelsea.
Simpson was in Manchester when the incident happened around 4am on Sunday morning.
An argument is understood to have begun outside the Rice Flamebar and Grill after the player had been to the Circle Club with former Manchester United team-mates Danny Welbeck and Tom Cleverley.
Distressing phone footage of the aftermath has been circulated showing Simpson unconscious and bleeding in the street.
Speaking on Twitter this morning, Simpson said: "For the record im okay, 2 on 1 well done!"
More Newcastle Utd News
- Newcastle keen to give youth a chance as Pardew weighs up Arsenal options
- North-East transfer gossip (Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesbrough): Friday, July 25
- Riviere thinks Cabella will help fulfil international ambitions at Newcastle
- North-East transfer gossip (Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesbrough): Thursday, July 24
- Marveaux moves back to France
Comments are closed on this article.