NEWCASTLE United Danny Simpson has told fans he is 'Okay' after he was knocked out in a brawl following his club's 3-2 win over Chelsea.
Simpson was in Manchester when the incident happened around 4am on Sunday morning.
An argument is understood to have begun outside the Rice Flamebar and Grill after the player had been to the Circle Club with former Manchester United team-mates Danny Welbeck and Tom Cleverley.
Distressing phone footage of the aftermath has been circulated showing Simpson unconscious and bleeding in the street.
Speaking on Twitter this morning, Simpson said: "For the record im okay, 2 on 1 well done!"
More Newcastle Utd News
- Ben Arfa relishing new challenge after being frozen out at Newcastle
- Colback to miss England friendly through injury
- Deadline day comment: Newcastle's transfer window ends in acrimony and strife
- Hull secure extension to force through Ben Arfa's move from Newcastle
- Former Newcastle favourite linked with manager's job at Carlisle United