For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Newcastle United star knocked out in early morning brawl
NEWCASTLE United Danny Simpson has told fans he is 'Okay' after he was knocked out in a brawl following his club's 3-2 win over Chelsea.
Simpson was in Manchester when the incident happened around 4am on Sunday morning.
An argument is understood to have begun outside the Rice Flamebar and Grill after the player had been to the Circle Club with former Manchester United team-mates Danny Welbeck and Tom Cleverley.
Distressing phone footage of the aftermath has been circulated showing Simpson unconscious and bleeding in the street.
Speaking on Twitter this morning, Simpson said: "For the record im okay, 2 on 1 well done!"
More Newcastle Utd News
- Key duo ready to make Newcastle return
- Pardew won't give in to fan pressure
- Match Analysis: Stoke City 1 Newcastle United 0
- Pardew fears for his position - but the axe is unlikely to fall
- North-East Football Live: Saturday, April 12
Comments are closed on this article.