NEWCASTLE United Danny Simpson has told fans he is 'Okay' after he was knocked out in a brawl following his club's 3-2 win over Chelsea.
Simpson was in Manchester when the incident happened around 4am on Sunday morning.
An argument is understood to have begun outside the Rice Flamebar and Grill after the player had been to the Circle Club with former Manchester United team-mates Danny Welbeck and Tom Cleverley.
Distressing phone footage of the aftermath has been circulated showing Simpson unconscious and bleeding in the street.
Speaking on Twitter this morning, Simpson said: "For the record im okay, 2 on 1 well done!"
More Newcastle Utd News
- Carver issues rallying cry as striker prepares for Tyneside return
- Press conference update: Carver not expecting transfer deals but does plan on keeping Magpies job
- Sissoko admits admiration for Paris St Germain as French club prepare new attempt to sign him
- Newcastle freeze season ticket prices for next season
- Cisse could be back for Newcastle by the weekend after African exit