For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Hotels put on alert for wanted man
1:12pm Friday 22nd February 2013 in Crime News
AN alert has been issued for a man wanted in connection with a number of incidents where bills have not been paid at hotels, bed and breakfast accommodation and restaurants.
Police in the Ryedale area of North Yorkshire are urging anyone who can help them locate 34-year-old Mark Chapman to contact them as soon as possible.
Chapman, from Cardiff, is 6ft 4in tall with a medium build and auburn hair. He was arrested in January on suspicion of making off without paying from a restaurant in York and was due to answer bail this month but failed to appear.
His whereabouts are unknown and it is possible he could be anywhere in the country.
Acting Police Sergeant Chris Whitehead said: “I am asking anyone who knows where Mark Chapman is, to contact the police straight away.”
He added: “As we believe Chapman may have committed similar offences, I am urging to the owners of hotels, bed and breakfast houses and restaurants to be alert.
“If he books accommodation, or is currently staying with you, I urge you to contact the police immediately.”
Contact police on 101, select option one and pass the information to the force control room or call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800-555-111.
More Crime News
- Businessman claimed £22,000 benefits after saying he could barely walk
- Man escapes injury after shed next to house is set alight in suspected arson attack
- Man admits making indecent images of children
- Prolific sex offender jailed for repeatedly breaching child ban
- Youths have the chance to have their say on crime in Cleveland
- Man changes plea to guilty over Easingwold van driver murder
- Darlington prison worker found guilty of sex crimes
- Care worker jailed after claiming she had terminal cancer
- Darlington business partners in court over stolen car parts
- Woman jailed for threat to kill husband