Man accused of indecently assaulting teenager had previous conviction, court hears (From The Northern Echo)
For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Man accused of indecently assaulting teenager had previous conviction, court hears
A JURY has been told how a man who denies indecently assaulting a teenager on three occasions had a previous conviction for downloading indecent sexual images of young boys on his computer.
Aaron Ledean, 40, was repeatedly asked by prosecutor Shaun Dodds whether he had an attraction towards young boys.
Mr Ledean, who is on trial at Teesside Crown Court, said there was a “world of difference” between having an attraction to something and acting on it.
The prosecution in the trial say the defendant met the complainant in a bar in Middlesbrough and also had him visit his home, where some of the assaults took place.
Mr Ledean, of The Paddock, Billy Row, Crook, County Durham, who was previously known as Robert Millmoor, maintains nothing untoward happened.
Mr Dodds also described how another assault took place when the defendant had gone on a “date” to the cinema with the alleged victim to see the film Romeo and Juliet.
He said this could be described as a romantic film.
Giving evidence, Mr Ledean replied: “There is no more romantic interest in me going to see Romeo and Juliet [with the complainant] than it was when I took my mother to see Titanic.
“This is not relevant to the accusation of assault.”
Earlier the alleged victim in his evidence admitted he developed feelings for Mr Ledean, but denied that he “misread the signals” by wanting a relationship with him.
The trial continues.
More Crime News
- Man admits making indecent images of children
- Prolific sex offender jailed for repeatedly breaching child ban
- Youths have the chance to have their say on crime in Cleveland
- Man changes plea to guilty over Easingwold van driver murder
- Darlington prison worker found guilty of sex crimes
- Care worker jailed after claiming she had terminal cancer
- Darlington business partners in court over stolen car parts
- Woman jailed for threat to kill husband
- Three arrests after man injured in suspected assault
- Police force reviews officers' dealings with Savile
More Crook & Weardale News
- Teen would have beaten man on head with a brick, court hears
- Councils spent £500,000 hosting Olympic Torch relay
- Households cut off after bridge collapses due to heavy rain
- Luncheon club and pool competition
- Find out about foster care in County Durham
- Fishburn couple flooded for the third time after heavy rain hits the North-East
- Macmillan Cancer Support seeks supermarket collection volunteers
- Restaurants invited to showcase their local food menus in County Durham
- Engineering boss faces prospect of jail following conviction of manslaughter of worker
- Youth theatre to close after 15 years of unique productions