For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Pair held over burglaries across region
3:27pm Friday 15th February 2013 in Crime News
TWO men have been arrested after burglaries across the region.
Police today arrested a 47 and a 46-year-old on suspicion of conspiracy to commit burglaries following an investigation into three offences in Newcastle, Northumberland and County Durham.
On January 17 at around 1.40pm, an attempted burglary took place at Durham Road, Ferryhill, where an attempt was made to break in through a window.
At about 2.30pm on the same day, similar incident too place at a house at Beachlea, Stannington in Northumberland.
And at 3.05pm, two witnesses reported a burglary taking place at The Drive in Slatyford, Newcastle, where items including a Rolex watch were stolen. The watch was later recovered.
Detective Inspector Dave Culverwell, of Newcastle Area Command, said: "Initial enquiries into the burglaries led officers to believe they were linked.
"We'll always do everything possible and use every tool at our disposal to trace those people suspected of being involved in crime in our communities.
"Following an extensive investigation two men have been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit burglary and are currently helping with enquiries."
More Crime News
- Burglar who snapped himself on stolen camera is jailed
- Chef who loses sense of smell in random attack angry after thug is spared jail
- Police turn to specialist bureau to try to resolve two missing persons cases
- Married Northallerton man who groomed teenage girl walks free from court
- Escape bid foiled when four men were captured in the grounds of Kirklevington Grange open prison
- Conman who swindled a string of women jailed for seven years
- Vandals cause thousands of pounds of damages to Jubilee Wood
- Police operation targets rogue scrap dealers
- Warning of fines over misuse of 999 line
- Plans for multi-million pound secondary school rebuild to be considered