For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Mother has hair extensions stuck to head with super strength glue
4:20pm Wednesday 2nd July 2014 in News
A POLICE investigation has been launched after a mother had hair extensions glued to her head with super strength glue.
Alexis Stanton, 38, was left with a bleeding scalp and had to shave all her hair off after the mistake was made.
The mother-of-two, from Gateshead, said a mobile beautician she had previously used for tanning came round to fit them but soon after the pain became unbearable.
Ms Stanton said: "I'm gobsmacked this has happened and I really wouldn't want this to happen to anybody else.
"I'm still in pain in my head. It's damaged my scalp. I've cried so much since it happened I don't think I've got any more tears left."
A police investigation has now been launched, as well as one by trading standards, as they look to establish what happened.
Anneliese Hutchinson from Gateshead Council, said: "Gateshead Trading Standards has received a complaint from Ms Stanton and we are investigating."
Ms Stanton was eventually forced to go to A&E to receive treatment and receive pain relief for her red raw scalp.
She said she had bought the treatment as a 38th birthday present to herself.
A Northumbria Police spokesman said: "We are carrying out inquiries in order to establish the circumstances and whether any criminal offences have been committed."
Comments are closed on this article.