New details of Darlington cinema and leisure development revealed ahead of summer start date

New artists impressions of the Feethams Leisure development in Darlington

New artists impressions of the Feethams Leisure development in Darlington

New artists impressions of the Feethams Leisure development in Darlington

First published in News The Northern Echo: Photograph of the Author by , Darlington reporter

NEW details of a multi-million pound cinema and leisure complex planned for the centre of Darlington have been revealed as developers look to start building work later this summer.

The Feethams Leisure development, on the site of the town’s former bus station, was announced last year and will include a nine screen Vue cinema and an 80-bed Premier Inn hotel.

The Northern Echo can reveal a number of restaurant chains have signed up to the development, including popular chicken restaurant Nando’s, Italian eatery Prezzo and Hungry Horse, a food-based pub chain owned by Greene King.

Also on board is gourmet burger restaurant Purple Pig, which was founded in Yarm, and Chinese Buffet, which will open its first outlet in the North East after finding success in West Yorkshire and Lancashire.

The leases on two other units have been agreed with unnamed operators, although not yet officially signed, while a final unit overlooking the River Skerne is still available.

It is hoped that the leisure complex, which also includes an underground car park and outdoor terraces, will revitalise Darlington’s town centre economy, in particular in the evenings.

Duncan McEwan, head of retail and leisure development at Terrace Hill, the company behind the scheme, said the £30m development would be made available to investors in the coming weeks and, once finance is in place, building work will begin in late summer.

Mr McEwan said the scheme was running slightly behind schedule, but should open to the public in spring 2016.

He acknowledged a level of scepticism among people in Darlington about whether the development would happen and added: “I know all about impatience – I’ve got two teenage daughters who are constantly asking me when the cinema is going to arrive.

“Property development is like climbing a mountain, you have to go up and down a lot of foothills before you get to the mountain itself. Where we are now, I’d say we’re at Everest basecamp, it’s the final stage before the building happens.

“Something like this development, which has a lot of elements does take time – you have to get through planning, get all the operators to sign up and find funding.”

Mr McEwan said five or six investors have shown interest in the £30m portfolio ahead of negotiations in May.

John Anderson, Darlington Borough Council’s assistant director for regeneration, said the authority was delighted with the package put together by Terrace Hill.

He added: “This meets the brief that we put out to tender. We set out quite specifically what we wanted to see here - a cinema, a hotel and we also wanted it to be an integral part of the town centre.

“This is the start of our ambitions to revitalise the town centre and kickstart other projects.”

Comments (41)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:35am Mon 21 Apr 14

Robert_ says...

I'd rather travel further and not go to Darlington..
I'd rather travel further and not go to Darlington.. Robert_
  • Score: -48

8:36am Mon 21 Apr 14

Darloresident says...

Building work will begin in late summer says the article.. I welcome the development with open arms and wish the developers Terrace Hill success in getting the funding together.
However as is known in he recent past all the noise and big announcements on private town centre developments have come to nought..
Only when those 5 or 6 investors stump up the investment cash and building work commences will I allow myself the belief that this development will actually come to fruition
Building work will begin in late summer says the article.. I welcome the development with open arms and wish the developers Terrace Hill success in getting the funding together. However as is known in he recent past all the noise and big announcements on private town centre developments have come to nought.. Only when those 5 or 6 investors stump up the investment cash and building work commences will I allow myself the belief that this development will actually come to fruition Darloresident
  • Score: 28

9:25am Mon 21 Apr 14

MaskedMarauder says...

Where will you park? How much will it cost to park to go see a film for 2 hours?
Where will you park? How much will it cost to park to go see a film for 2 hours? MaskedMarauder
  • Score: -13

10:56am Mon 21 Apr 14

bones26 says...

IF this does go ahead in the summer what chaos is it going to bring to the roads already in chaos due to the new road layout been constructed .there will be wagons every 20 yards taking rubble away and coming back to refil.heavy aquipment and materials coming in .this whole situation has dont come anywhere near darlington from summer 2014 to summer 2015 or you will be sat in your vehicle cueing .
IF this does go ahead in the summer what chaos is it going to bring to the roads already in chaos due to the new road layout been constructed .there will be wagons every 20 yards taking rubble away and coming back to refil.heavy aquipment and materials coming in .this whole situation has dont come anywhere near darlington from summer 2014 to summer 2015 or you will be sat in your vehicle cueing . bones26
  • Score: -25

10:56am Mon 21 Apr 14

miketually says...

MaskedMarauder wrote:
Where will you park? How much will it cost to park to go see a film for 2 hours?
Assuming people arrive by car, I'd assume they'd park in a car park.

After 6pm, when many people go to the cinema, this will be free.

Before 6pm, one pound per hour would probably mean paying £3 to park for a two hour film. Generally, people don't go to the cinema alone so this will be spread between 2 or 3 people. Per person, it'll cost less than a bag of sweets bought in the cinema.
[quote][p][bold]MaskedMarauder[/bold] wrote: Where will you park? How much will it cost to park to go see a film for 2 hours?[/p][/quote]Assuming people arrive by car, I'd assume they'd park in a car park. After 6pm, when many people go to the cinema, this will be free. Before 6pm, one pound per hour would probably mean paying £3 to park for a two hour film. Generally, people don't go to the cinema alone so this will be spread between 2 or 3 people. Per person, it'll cost less than a bag of sweets bought in the cinema. miketually
  • Score: 33

11:04am Mon 21 Apr 14

BMD says...

Darlington Planning at its best.

First announce and commence the DfE Bilding work.

Second announce the cinema and leisure complex.

Finally lets rip up Stonebridge and add traffic lights.

Its great to have the cinema and leisure complex, but I am afraid the inner ring road will be very congested during the modifications and construction.
Darlington Planning at its best. First announce and commence the DfE Bilding work. Second announce the cinema and leisure complex. Finally lets rip up Stonebridge and add traffic lights. Its great to have the cinema and leisure complex, but I am afraid the inner ring road will be very congested during the modifications and construction. BMD
  • Score: 12

11:21am Mon 21 Apr 14

loan_star says...

miketually wrote:
MaskedMarauder wrote:
Where will you park? How much will it cost to park to go see a film for 2 hours?
Assuming people arrive by car, I'd assume they'd park in a car park.

After 6pm, when many people go to the cinema, this will be free.

Before 6pm, one pound per hour would probably mean paying £3 to park for a two hour film. Generally, people don't go to the cinema alone so this will be spread between 2 or 3 people. Per person, it'll cost less than a bag of sweets bought in the cinema.
Or alternatively go to teesside park and park for free? If they want to compete with other venues then its a problem they will have to overcome.
[quote][p][bold]miketually[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]MaskedMarauder[/bold] wrote: Where will you park? How much will it cost to park to go see a film for 2 hours?[/p][/quote]Assuming people arrive by car, I'd assume they'd park in a car park. After 6pm, when many people go to the cinema, this will be free. Before 6pm, one pound per hour would probably mean paying £3 to park for a two hour film. Generally, people don't go to the cinema alone so this will be spread between 2 or 3 people. Per person, it'll cost less than a bag of sweets bought in the cinema.[/p][/quote]Or alternatively go to teesside park and park for free? If they want to compete with other venues then its a problem they will have to overcome. loan_star
  • Score: 4

11:42am Mon 21 Apr 14

miketually says...

loan_star wrote:
miketually wrote:
MaskedMarauder wrote:
Where will you park? How much will it cost to park to go see a film for 2 hours?
Assuming people arrive by car, I'd assume they'd park in a car park.

After 6pm, when many people go to the cinema, this will be free.

Before 6pm, one pound per hour would probably mean paying £3 to park for a two hour film. Generally, people don't go to the cinema alone so this will be spread between 2 or 3 people. Per person, it'll cost less than a bag of sweets bought in the cinema.
Or alternatively go to teesside park and park for free? If they want to compete with other venues then its a problem they will have to overcome.
We currently drive past Teesside Park to the CineWorld in Middlesbrough, which has similar parking arrangements as will exist in Darlington.

Parking prices aren't always the deciding factor when people make decisions.
[quote][p][bold]loan_star[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]miketually[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]MaskedMarauder[/bold] wrote: Where will you park? How much will it cost to park to go see a film for 2 hours?[/p][/quote]Assuming people arrive by car, I'd assume they'd park in a car park. After 6pm, when many people go to the cinema, this will be free. Before 6pm, one pound per hour would probably mean paying £3 to park for a two hour film. Generally, people don't go to the cinema alone so this will be spread between 2 or 3 people. Per person, it'll cost less than a bag of sweets bought in the cinema.[/p][/quote]Or alternatively go to teesside park and park for free? If they want to compete with other venues then its a problem they will have to overcome.[/p][/quote]We currently drive past Teesside Park to the CineWorld in Middlesbrough, which has similar parking arrangements as will exist in Darlington. Parking prices aren't always the deciding factor when people make decisions. miketually
  • Score: 14

12:03pm Mon 21 Apr 14

markdarlo says...

You would pay the same driving to boro/ Teesside park as you would parking in darlo. You don't drive on thin air. Advantage being less time traveling. Hopefully it will happen. Looks promising.
You would pay the same driving to boro/ Teesside park as you would parking in darlo. You don't drive on thin air. Advantage being less time traveling. Hopefully it will happen. Looks promising. markdarlo
  • Score: 27

12:17pm Mon 21 Apr 14

miketually says...

markdarlo wrote:
You would pay the same driving to boro/ Teesside park as you would parking in darlo. You don't drive on thin air. Advantage being less time traveling. Hopefully it will happen. Looks promising.
About £4 for the round trip to Teesside Park*? You could park in Darlo at 2pm and stay as late as you like for that.

*40MPG is about 0.1 litres per mile, which is 14p per mile at £1.40 per litre. Which is £3.92 for the round trip to Teesside Park.
[quote][p][bold]markdarlo[/bold] wrote: You would pay the same driving to boro/ Teesside park as you would parking in darlo. You don't drive on thin air. Advantage being less time traveling. Hopefully it will happen. Looks promising.[/p][/quote]About £4 for the round trip to Teesside Park*? You could park in Darlo at 2pm and stay as late as you like for that. *40MPG is about 0.1 litres per mile, which is 14p per mile at £1.40 per litre. Which is £3.92 for the round trip to Teesside Park. miketually
  • Score: 1

12:21pm Mon 21 Apr 14

markdarlo says...

My point exactly. Might aswell go to darlo.
My point exactly. Might aswell go to darlo. markdarlo
  • Score: 8

12:35pm Mon 21 Apr 14

miketually says...

markdarlo wrote:
My point exactly. Might aswell go to darlo.
Yep. We drive at the moment as we're not fans of hearing the films on the other screens while watching a film, or of worrying about catching something from the seats :)

If/when this cinema opens, I doubt we'll ever visit Showcase/Cineworld again.
[quote][p][bold]markdarlo[/bold] wrote: My point exactly. Might aswell go to darlo.[/p][/quote]Yep. We drive at the moment as we're not fans of hearing the films on the other screens while watching a film, or of worrying about catching something from the seats :) If/when this cinema opens, I doubt we'll ever visit Showcase/Cineworld again. miketually
  • Score: 8

1:03pm Mon 21 Apr 14

Robert_ says...

miketually wrote:
MaskedMarauder wrote:
Where will you park? How much will it cost to park to go see a film for 2 hours?
Assuming people arrive by car, I'd assume they'd park in a car park.

After 6pm, when many people go to the cinema, this will be free.

Before 6pm, one pound per hour would probably mean paying £3 to park for a two hour film. Generally, people don't go to the cinema alone so this will be spread between 2 or 3 people. Per person, it'll cost less than a bag of sweets bought in the cinema.
A brand new family car costs less than a bag of sweets bought in the cinema :/
[quote][p][bold]miketually[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]MaskedMarauder[/bold] wrote: Where will you park? How much will it cost to park to go see a film for 2 hours?[/p][/quote]Assuming people arrive by car, I'd assume they'd park in a car park. After 6pm, when many people go to the cinema, this will be free. Before 6pm, one pound per hour would probably mean paying £3 to park for a two hour film. Generally, people don't go to the cinema alone so this will be spread between 2 or 3 people. Per person, it'll cost less than a bag of sweets bought in the cinema.[/p][/quote]A brand new family car costs less than a bag of sweets bought in the cinema :/ Robert_
  • Score: 15

2:33pm Mon 21 Apr 14

youngcrony says...

That design fits in just nicely, stood along with St. Cuthberts. Ideal for the college and university students to congregate. I think I’ll be giving this area a miss!
That design fits in just nicely, stood along with St. Cuthberts. Ideal for the college and university students to congregate. I think I’ll be giving this area a miss! youngcrony
  • Score: -24

5:10pm Mon 21 Apr 14

Border Terrier says...

What is shown on the 9th cinema screen, silent movies?
What is shown on the 9th cinema screen, silent movies? Border Terrier
  • Score: -8

6:36pm Mon 21 Apr 14

rav1979 says...

Robert_ wrote:
I'd rather travel further and not go to Darlington..
Why bother putting comments like this on???? Idiot
[quote][p][bold]Robert_[/bold] wrote: I'd rather travel further and not go to Darlington..[/p][/quote]Why bother putting comments like this on???? Idiot rav1979
  • Score: 14

6:37pm Mon 21 Apr 14

rav1979 says...

MaskedMarauder wrote:
Where will you park? How much will it cost to park to go see a film for 2 hours?
If you read the article - it says that there will be an under ground car park. I also think that they are building a new car park across that road as well.
[quote][p][bold]MaskedMarauder[/bold] wrote: Where will you park? How much will it cost to park to go see a film for 2 hours?[/p][/quote]If you read the article - it says that there will be an under ground car park. I also think that they are building a new car park across that road as well. rav1979
  • Score: 8

6:43pm Mon 21 Apr 14

harry2 says...

I hope it is built, I can't wait, not everyone has a car to go elsewhere

And if I could go elsewhere all the time I wouldn't , I would stay local support your local town
I hope it is built, I can't wait, not everyone has a car to go elsewhere And if I could go elsewhere all the time I wouldn't , I would stay local support your local town harry2
  • Score: 17

6:55pm Mon 21 Apr 14

MST1975 says...

rav1979 wrote:
MaskedMarauder wrote:
Where will you park? How much will it cost to park to go see a film for 2 hours?
If you read the article - it says that there will be an under ground car park. I also think that they are building a new car park across that road as well.
They are meant to be building a self funding multi storey car park. More chaos for Darlingtons already poor roads.

As I have said before. I will believe it when I see it.
[quote][p][bold]rav1979[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]MaskedMarauder[/bold] wrote: Where will you park? How much will it cost to park to go see a film for 2 hours?[/p][/quote]If you read the article - it says that there will be an under ground car park. I also think that they are building a new car park across that road as well.[/p][/quote]They are meant to be building a self funding multi storey car park. More chaos for Darlingtons already poor roads. As I have said before. I will believe it when I see it. MST1975
  • Score: -10

9:32pm Mon 21 Apr 14

Asdf123 says...

To all the whingers moaners, yeah the ones the complain on every thread they can possibly moan about.

Leave the town.

Dont come back.

Go spread your negative vibes somewhere else, may i suggest sunderland, their council does nothing, no bid, no vision, dirty town centre, empty units on one street in the centre has twenty units empty out of 26.

Seriously get a grip !!!
To all the whingers moaners, yeah the ones the complain on every thread they can possibly moan about. Leave the town. Dont come back. Go spread your negative vibes somewhere else, may i suggest sunderland, their council does nothing, no bid, no vision, dirty town centre, empty units on one street in the centre has twenty units empty out of 26. Seriously get a grip !!! Asdf123
  • Score: 12

9:50pm Mon 21 Apr 14

loan_star says...

markdarlo wrote:
You would pay the same driving to boro/ Teesside park as you would parking in darlo. You don't drive on thin air. Advantage being less time traveling. Hopefully it will happen. Looks promising.
My point was the cinema will rely on people coming from out of town as well as in town to make it a success. Free parking would appeal to these people who could easily go elsewhere.
As for me, I'd just walk there :)
[quote][p][bold]markdarlo[/bold] wrote: You would pay the same driving to boro/ Teesside park as you would parking in darlo. You don't drive on thin air. Advantage being less time traveling. Hopefully it will happen. Looks promising.[/p][/quote]My point was the cinema will rely on people coming from out of town as well as in town to make it a success. Free parking would appeal to these people who could easily go elsewhere. As for me, I'd just walk there :) loan_star
  • Score: 3

10:01pm Mon 21 Apr 14

Robert_ says...

Asdf123 wrote:
To all the whingers moaners, yeah the ones the complain on every thread they can possibly moan about.

Leave the town.

Dont come back.

Go spread your negative vibes somewhere else, may i suggest sunderland, their council does nothing, no bid, no vision, dirty town centre, empty units on one street in the centre has twenty units empty out of 26.

Seriously get a grip !!!
I lived in Darlo for 2 years.. spent half my time chasing scums from my garage and the other half queued up in the local shop with mums in their dressing gowns at 3 in the afternoon... good luck Darlo cinema ****
[quote][p][bold]Asdf123[/bold] wrote: To all the whingers moaners, yeah the ones the complain on every thread they can possibly moan about. Leave the town. Dont come back. Go spread your negative vibes somewhere else, may i suggest sunderland, their council does nothing, no bid, no vision, dirty town centre, empty units on one street in the centre has twenty units empty out of 26. Seriously get a grip !!![/p][/quote]I lived in Darlo for 2 years.. spent half my time chasing scums from my garage and the other half queued up in the local shop with mums in their dressing gowns at 3 in the afternoon... good luck Darlo cinema **** Robert_
  • Score: -3

12:44am Tue 22 Apr 14

wawawa84 says...

There is some absolute idiots on this thread
I can't stand negativity especially when this news is great not only is this finally going ahead but we also have some really good other companies agreeing to come into the town , I no me n my friends would rather walk , or use public transport n make night of it something to eat couple of drinks round town then walk to cinema much better fun when not having to drive to cine world , keeping the money in this town rather than spending it elsewhere , it's about time there was something good in the town , think of the extra jobs it'll create all for the younger people which means less unemployment in town also.
Yes it may create a bit of mayhem with traffic but tuff s**t choose a different route try the bypass that goes right round the whole of town
There is some absolute idiots on this thread I can't stand negativity especially when this news is great not only is this finally going ahead but we also have some really good other companies agreeing to come into the town , I no me n my friends would rather walk , or use public transport n make night of it something to eat couple of drinks round town then walk to cinema much better fun when not having to drive to cine world , keeping the money in this town rather than spending it elsewhere , it's about time there was something good in the town , think of the extra jobs it'll create all for the younger people which means less unemployment in town also. Yes it may create a bit of mayhem with traffic but tuff s**t choose a different route try the bypass that goes right round the whole of town wawawa84
  • Score: 17

8:35am Tue 22 Apr 14

Copley23 says...

Robert_ wrote:
I'd rather travel further and not go to Darlington..
Don't worry about the down clicks Robert......they are probably the same folk who love to slate Bill Dixon....but heavens forbid if you 'dis' their plebby little town....only they are allowed to do that ;-)
[quote][p][bold]Robert_[/bold] wrote: I'd rather travel further and not go to Darlington..[/p][/quote]Don't worry about the down clicks Robert......they are probably the same folk who love to slate Bill Dixon....but heavens forbid if you 'dis' their plebby little town....only they are allowed to do that ;-) Copley23
  • Score: -10

9:58am Tue 22 Apr 14

stevegg says...

Darlington town centre is just becoming a leisure zone, retail outlets are declining and will probably dissapear altogtether within 20 years.
Darlington town centre is just becoming a leisure zone, retail outlets are declining and will probably dissapear altogtether within 20 years. stevegg
  • Score: 1

10:22am Tue 22 Apr 14

Pierremontquaker03 says...

I would be happy if this went ahead - I am in walking distance of the town so to hear that we have more choices where to eat and a decent cinema to watch movies then that sounds good. Also that part of the town does need a revamp - its been lacking for years - our town centre needs investment and it needs to move with the times......I'm just happy its not a Tesco supermarket!
I would be happy if this went ahead - I am in walking distance of the town so to hear that we have more choices where to eat and a decent cinema to watch movies then that sounds good. Also that part of the town does need a revamp - its been lacking for years - our town centre needs investment and it needs to move with the times......I'm just happy its not a Tesco supermarket! Pierremontquaker03
  • Score: 6

11:14am Tue 22 Apr 14

miketually says...

stevegg wrote:
Darlington town centre is just becoming a leisure zone, retail outlets are declining and will probably dissapear altogtether within 20 years.
I think this is, partially, inevitable with the rise of online shopping. Becoming a leisure destination will be one way to keep the retail going.
[quote][p][bold]stevegg[/bold] wrote: Darlington town centre is just becoming a leisure zone, retail outlets are declining and will probably dissapear altogtether within 20 years.[/p][/quote]I think this is, partially, inevitable with the rise of online shopping. Becoming a leisure destination will be one way to keep the retail going. miketually
  • Score: 8

12:56pm Tue 22 Apr 14

Sanddancer60 says...

Some people can't see good news for what it is, can they? A private developer sees potential in Darlington and works to get other private operators and investors on board. They will create something which will bring hundreds more people into the town centre each day, spending money at the new development and elsewhere, creating and preserving jobs. And all at no cost to the public purse. And still people complain.
Some people can't see good news for what it is, can they? A private developer sees potential in Darlington and works to get other private operators and investors on board. They will create something which will bring hundreds more people into the town centre each day, spending money at the new development and elsewhere, creating and preserving jobs. And all at no cost to the public purse. And still people complain. Sanddancer60
  • Score: 10

2:13pm Tue 22 Apr 14

Rosvanian says...

bones26 wrote:
IF this does go ahead in the summer what chaos is it going to bring to the roads already in chaos due to the new road layout been constructed .there will be wagons every 20 yards taking rubble away and coming back to refil.heavy aquipment and materials coming in .this whole situation has dont come anywhere near darlington from summer 2014 to summer 2015 or you will be sat in your vehicle cueing .
Let's not bother then, eh?
[quote][p][bold]bones26[/bold] wrote: IF this does go ahead in the summer what chaos is it going to bring to the roads already in chaos due to the new road layout been constructed .there will be wagons every 20 yards taking rubble away and coming back to refil.heavy aquipment and materials coming in .this whole situation has dont come anywhere near darlington from summer 2014 to summer 2015 or you will be sat in your vehicle cueing .[/p][/quote]Let's not bother then, eh? Rosvanian
  • Score: 4

2:13pm Tue 22 Apr 14

Rosvanian says...

Robert_ wrote:
I'd rather travel further and not go to Darlington..
Thanks for sharing.
[quote][p][bold]Robert_[/bold] wrote: I'd rather travel further and not go to Darlington..[/p][/quote]Thanks for sharing. Rosvanian
  • Score: 4

2:21pm Tue 22 Apr 14

Rosvanian says...

Robert_ wrote:
Asdf123 wrote: To all the whingers moaners, yeah the ones the complain on every thread they can possibly moan about. Leave the town. Dont come back. Go spread your negative vibes somewhere else, may i suggest sunderland, their council does nothing, no bid, no vision, dirty town centre, empty units on one street in the centre has twenty units empty out of 26. Seriously get a grip !!!
I lived in Darlo for 2 years.. spent half my time chasing scums from my garage and the other half queued up in the local shop with mums in their dressing gowns at 3 in the afternoon... good luck Darlo cinema ****
Perhaps you could could give us plebs left behind a bit of hope by telling us in which bit of paradise you now reside.
[quote][p][bold]Robert_[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Asdf123[/bold] wrote: To all the whingers moaners, yeah the ones the complain on every thread they can possibly moan about. Leave the town. Dont come back. Go spread your negative vibes somewhere else, may i suggest sunderland, their council does nothing, no bid, no vision, dirty town centre, empty units on one street in the centre has twenty units empty out of 26. Seriously get a grip !!![/p][/quote]I lived in Darlo for 2 years.. spent half my time chasing scums from my garage and the other half queued up in the local shop with mums in their dressing gowns at 3 in the afternoon... good luck Darlo cinema ****[/p][/quote]Perhaps you could could give us plebs left behind a bit of hope by telling us in which bit of paradise you now reside. Rosvanian
  • Score: 4

3:09pm Tue 22 Apr 14

Homshaw1 says...

Went to a shop in North Road recently. There was a women in a dressing gown wearing one slipper and one high heel



.
Went to a shop in North Road recently. There was a women in a dressing gown wearing one slipper and one high heel . Homshaw1
  • Score: 1

8:31pm Tue 22 Apr 14

Robert_ says...

Rosvanian wrote:
Robert_ wrote:
Asdf123 wrote: To all the whingers moaners, yeah the ones the complain on every thread they can possibly moan about. Leave the town. Dont come back. Go spread your negative vibes somewhere else, may i suggest sunderland, their council does nothing, no bid, no vision, dirty town centre, empty units on one street in the centre has twenty units empty out of 26. Seriously get a grip !!!
I lived in Darlo for 2 years.. spent half my time chasing scums from my garage and the other half queued up in the local shop with mums in their dressing gowns at 3 in the afternoon... good luck Darlo cinema ****
Perhaps you could could give us plebs left behind a bit of hope by telling us in which bit of paradise you now reside.
Northallerton.. it's great.. but I have to drive through Darlo on my way to work... I go quite fast...
[quote][p][bold]Rosvanian[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Robert_[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Asdf123[/bold] wrote: To all the whingers moaners, yeah the ones the complain on every thread they can possibly moan about. Leave the town. Dont come back. Go spread your negative vibes somewhere else, may i suggest sunderland, their council does nothing, no bid, no vision, dirty town centre, empty units on one street in the centre has twenty units empty out of 26. Seriously get a grip !!![/p][/quote]I lived in Darlo for 2 years.. spent half my time chasing scums from my garage and the other half queued up in the local shop with mums in their dressing gowns at 3 in the afternoon... good luck Darlo cinema ****[/p][/quote]Perhaps you could could give us plebs left behind a bit of hope by telling us in which bit of paradise you now reside.[/p][/quote]Northallerton.. it's great.. but I have to drive through Darlo on my way to work... I go quite fast... Robert_
  • Score: -7

9:20pm Tue 22 Apr 14

MSG says...

Wish we had a nightime bus service to get into town to go to this new venue but we don't. Thanks Darlington Borough Council !
Wish we had a nightime bus service to get into town to go to this new venue but we don't. Thanks Darlington Borough Council ! MSG
  • Score: 1

9:24pm Tue 22 Apr 14

miketually says...

MSG wrote:
Wish we had a nightime bus service to get into town to go to this new venue but we don't. Thanks Darlington Borough Council !
Yeah, that is rubbish.

I wonder if a tax firm could be convinced to lay on one minibus at 6pm and a return at 10pm? Do a Sadberge, MSG, Hurworth loop for a couple of quid per person?
[quote][p][bold]MSG[/bold] wrote: Wish we had a nightime bus service to get into town to go to this new venue but we don't. Thanks Darlington Borough Council ![/p][/quote]Yeah, that is rubbish. I wonder if a tax firm could be convinced to lay on one minibus at 6pm and a return at 10pm? Do a Sadberge, MSG, Hurworth loop for a couple of quid per person? miketually
  • Score: 0

7:44am Wed 23 Apr 14

JakeD13EVENTS says...

loan_star wrote:
miketually wrote:
MaskedMarauder wrote:
Where will you park? How much will it cost to park to go see a film for 2 hours?
Assuming people arrive by car, I'd assume they'd park in a car park.

After 6pm, when many people go to the cinema, this will be free.

Before 6pm, one pound per hour would probably mean paying £3 to park for a two hour film. Generally, people don't go to the cinema alone so this will be spread between 2 or 3 people. Per person, it'll cost less than a bag of sweets bought in the cinema.
Or alternatively go to teesside park and park for free? If they want to compete with other venues then its a problem they will have to overcome.
Underground car park? Presumably free??!!??
[quote][p][bold]loan_star[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]miketually[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]MaskedMarauder[/bold] wrote: Where will you park? How much will it cost to park to go see a film for 2 hours?[/p][/quote]Assuming people arrive by car, I'd assume they'd park in a car park. After 6pm, when many people go to the cinema, this will be free. Before 6pm, one pound per hour would probably mean paying £3 to park for a two hour film. Generally, people don't go to the cinema alone so this will be spread between 2 or 3 people. Per person, it'll cost less than a bag of sweets bought in the cinema.[/p][/quote]Or alternatively go to teesside park and park for free? If they want to compete with other venues then its a problem they will have to overcome.[/p][/quote]Underground car park? Presumably free??!!?? JakeD13EVENTS
  • Score: 1

8:32pm Wed 23 Apr 14

pilchrat says...

Aha, Terrace Hill. The same company that built us a massive Sainsbury's in Bishop and went back on the promise of a cinema and leisure development on the same site. Still, they've got the profitable bit built. Sods. Funny how there's now funding for this in Darlington from interested investors when apparently there was no money around for finishing off their Bishop development ... perhaps they could try finishing off other developments lfirst before moving on to other things.

At least another developer has come forward to finish what Terrace Hill couldn't be arsed to. Good luck Darlington in seeing this come to fruition ... you'll get the Premier Inn and the cinema will drop off magically, you watch ...
Aha, Terrace Hill. The same company that built us a massive Sainsbury's in Bishop and went back on the promise of a cinema and leisure development on the same site. Still, they've got the profitable bit built. Sods. Funny how there's now funding for this in Darlington from interested investors when apparently there was no money around for finishing off their Bishop development ... perhaps they could try finishing off other developments lfirst before moving on to other things. At least another developer has come forward to finish what Terrace Hill couldn't be arsed to. Good luck Darlington in seeing this come to fruition ... you'll get the Premier Inn and the cinema will drop off magically, you watch ... pilchrat
  • Score: 4

4:45pm Thu 24 Apr 14

Rosvanian says...

Robert_ wrote:
Rosvanian wrote:
Robert_ wrote:
Asdf123 wrote: To all the whingers moaners, yeah the ones the complain on every thread they can possibly moan about. Leave the town. Dont come back. Go spread your negative vibes somewhere else, may i suggest sunderland, their council does nothing, no bid, no vision, dirty town centre, empty units on one street in the centre has twenty units empty out of 26. Seriously get a grip !!!
I lived in Darlo for 2 years.. spent half my time chasing scums from my garage and the other half queued up in the local shop with mums in their dressing gowns at 3 in the afternoon... good luck Darlo cinema ****
Perhaps you could could give us plebs left behind a bit of hope by telling us in which bit of paradise you now reside.
Northallerton.. it's great.. but I have to drive through Darlo on my way to work... I go quite fast...
I've never had any reason to go to Northallerton but always imagined it was a nice sort of place. Seems I got that badly wrong.
[quote][p][bold]Robert_[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Rosvanian[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Robert_[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Asdf123[/bold] wrote: To all the whingers moaners, yeah the ones the complain on every thread they can possibly moan about. Leave the town. Dont come back. Go spread your negative vibes somewhere else, may i suggest sunderland, their council does nothing, no bid, no vision, dirty town centre, empty units on one street in the centre has twenty units empty out of 26. Seriously get a grip !!![/p][/quote]I lived in Darlo for 2 years.. spent half my time chasing scums from my garage and the other half queued up in the local shop with mums in their dressing gowns at 3 in the afternoon... good luck Darlo cinema ****[/p][/quote]Perhaps you could could give us plebs left behind a bit of hope by telling us in which bit of paradise you now reside.[/p][/quote]Northallerton.. it's great.. but I have to drive through Darlo on my way to work... I go quite fast...[/p][/quote]I've never had any reason to go to Northallerton but always imagined it was a nice sort of place. Seems I got that badly wrong. Rosvanian
  • Score: 0

9:13pm Fri 25 Apr 14

thetruthyoucanthandlethetruth says...

This will be a hugely welcomed development to Darlington when It opens and I will definitely use it...........

Providing it's well maintained, kept clean, the prices are kept reasonable and the scum that frequents the existing cinema up North Road are banned from ruining this one.
This will be a hugely welcomed development to Darlington when It opens and I will definitely use it........... Providing it's well maintained, kept clean, the prices are kept reasonable and the scum that frequents the existing cinema up North Road are banned from ruining this one. thetruthyoucanthandlethetruth
  • Score: 0

7:24pm Sat 26 Apr 14

britboy says...

if darlo a problem for most anti protesters,there is an easy solution?do one.
if darlo a problem for most anti protesters,there is an easy solution?do one. britboy
  • Score: -3

9:17pm Sat 26 Apr 14

thetruthyoucanthandlethetruth says...

britboy wrote:
if darlo a problem for most anti protesters,there is an easy solution?do one.
Is that typical Darlo speak? Cretin
[quote][p][bold]britboy[/bold] wrote: if darlo a problem for most anti protesters,there is an easy solution?do one.[/p][/quote]Is that typical Darlo speak? Cretin thetruthyoucanthandlethetruth
  • Score: 2

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree