Firefighters called to Langley Park

Firemen at George Street earlier today

Firemen at George Street earlier today

First published in News
Last updated
The Northern Echo: Photograph of the Author by , Reporter (Derwentside & Tyneside)

A BEDROOM was severely damaged after fire broke out in a house this afternoon (Monday, February 24).

County Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service were called to George Street in Langley Park, near Durham at 12.30pm.

It is thought the blaze was caused by electrical equipment.

Duty group manager Tony John said: “The call came in by mobile phone and it was to the first floor of a house.

“We entered the property and committed two breathing apparatus wearers with hose reels and a thermal imaging cameras who found a smoke fire in a back bedroom.

“It is fortunate that no people were involved in this fire. I would recommend that all properties are fitted with smoke alarms.”

Smoke alarms were fitted to the property by the fire safety team.

For a free fire safety visit and smoke alarms to be fitted call 0845-223-4221.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree