Thatcher considered using troops during Miners' Strike

The Northern Echo: A picket during the 1984-5 Miners' Strike A picket during the 1984-5 Miners' Strike

NEWLY released files reveal Margaret Thatcher stepped in to ensure Nissan’s arrival in the North-East but also considered ordering troops to deal with the Miners’ Strike and was desperate to stop Soviet cash reaching their starving families. Eight months on from her death, the Iron Lady still divides opinion. Mark Tallentire reports.

MARGARET Thatcher secretly considered sending in the troops during the 1984 Miners’ Strike amid fears the long-running industrial action could destroy her government, according to newly released files.

Government papers released today (Friday, January 3) from the National Archives show ministers were so worried about dock workers following miners in walking out, they considered declaring a state of emergency.

Plans were drawn up for thousands of service personnel to commandeer trucks to move vital supplies of food and coal around the country.

The dockers’ action petered out after a few days and the plan was never implemented.

However, the revelation, which adds detail to that from similar papers released last August, met with strong reactions from the Iron Lady’s supporters and enemies in this region last night.

Dave Hopper, secretary of the Durham Miners’ Association, said he was not surprised as Mrs Thatcher would have done anything to smash effective trade unionism, without a thought for working people.

“She hated the miners and she hated working people.

“If there had ever been any danger of us winning that dispute, the troops would have been used,” he said.

However, Martin Callanan, Conservative MEP for the North-East, said: “There was a serious threat to public order at the time.

“It didn’t prove necessary to use troops but if it had been – to preserve law and order and make sure people could carry out their lawful lives – I would have supported it.”

The epic 12-month confrontation between the Conservative government and the National Union of Mineworkers (NUM) became a defining moment of the Thatcher era, with hundreds hurt in picket line clashes.

NUM leader Arthur Scargill said the union was engaged in a “social and industrial Battle of Britain”, while a Number 10 official wrote it was “a unique opportunity to break the power of the militants in the NUM”.

Following months of attritional struggle, a dispute at Immingham docks in early July appeared to offer the miners a chance of victory.

On July 16, with the Ministry of Agriculture warning of possible panic buying of food, Mrs Thatcher summoned key ministers to discuss declaring a statement of emergency.

They quickly agreed using 2,800 troops to move 1,000 tons of goods a day using 50 lorries was “far too low” for what was needed.

Ministers were also nervous deploying the Army could make matters worse and some questioned whether it was legal.

The dock strike ended on July 21 and the immediate crisis was over.

Later that month, Thatcher loyalite Norman Tebbit, then Trade and Industry Secretary, wrote to the Prime Minister warning coal supplies were set to run out by mid-January and miners would be “fortified in their resolve” by this.

But, assured by her officials power supplies could be maintained for over a year, Mrs Thatcher stuck to her guns.

The final crisis came in October when Nacods, the pit deputies’ union, threatened to walk out.

Worried officials drew up contingency plans including a return to the three-day working week.

But the Nacods strike was called off and by November 20 10,442 miners had returned to work.

“There can be no better evidence that Mr Scargill’s case is failing,” the government’s daily coal report declared.

The Miners’ Strike ended on March 3, 1985.

But Mrs Thatcher has continued to arouse strong opinions ever since.

When she died on April 8 last year, aged 87, Mr Hopper said she had damaged the North-East more than Adolf Hitler, former miners threw a party and Marilyn Johnson, who ran soup kitchens for striking miners in Easington, drank champagne.

On today’s revelations, Mr Hopper said: “She was half-mad. She wouldn’t have any tears at bringing troops in.

“If there had been blood baths on the streets she wouldn’t have worried about it.”

But Mr Callanan said: “This was a battle about whether the country was governed by Arthur Scargill and some very violent picketers or the elected government.

“It was absolutely vital for the country and the rule of law.”

Comments (66)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:33am Fri 3 Jan 14

Voice-of-reality says...

Perfectly reasonable - the army has a legitimate role to play when the state is blackmailed: be it miners of fire fighters going on strike and the need to use the green goddesses.
Perfectly reasonable - the army has a legitimate role to play when the state is blackmailed: be it miners of fire fighters going on strike and the need to use the green goddesses. Voice-of-reality

12:42am Fri 3 Jan 14

johnny_p says...

Oh God! Let it go Echo... you may as well publish articles a regarding William Pitt The Younger.
Oh God! Let it go Echo... you may as well publish articles a regarding William Pitt The Younger. johnny_p

7:52am Fri 3 Jan 14

MSG says...

This will trigger a glut of letters from the HAS Editors best friend - Jimmy Taylor from Coxhoe. Jimmy will enlighten us with tales of the struggle and how his infectious smile got him through !! His letters will keep other good letters out of the paper !
This will trigger a glut of letters from the HAS Editors best friend - Jimmy Taylor from Coxhoe. Jimmy will enlighten us with tales of the struggle and how his infectious smile got him through !! His letters will keep other good letters out of the paper ! MSG

8:39am Fri 3 Jan 14

OldBiddyFrom Barney says...

My brother was in the army during the miners strike he was offered promotion and a cash in hand if he agreed to go and 'observe' at strike meetings/marches etc basically they wanted him to spy on people and stir up the violence. He refused as did many many others but it is true to say the army was involved in the strike they just didn't wear their uniforms.

Hang your heads lads you know who you are.
My brother was in the army during the miners strike he was offered promotion and a cash in hand if he agreed to go and 'observe' at strike meetings/marches etc basically they wanted him to spy on people and stir up the violence. He refused as did many many others but it is true to say the army was involved in the strike they just didn't wear their uniforms. Hang your heads lads you know who you are. OldBiddyFrom Barney

9:18am Fri 3 Jan 14

BMD says...

Nothing wrong with forward planning to cover all possible scenarios.
Nothing wrong with forward planning to cover all possible scenarios. BMD

10:00am Fri 3 Jan 14

darloboss says...

so we all agree the state should use armed forces against their own people
isnt that something you would expect in russia
and i thought we lived in a democracy
so we all agree the state should use armed forces against their own people isnt that something you would expect in russia and i thought we lived in a democracy darloboss

10:01am Fri 3 Jan 14

johnny_p says...

OldBiddyFrom Barney wrote:
My brother was in the army during the miners strike he was offered promotion and a cash in hand if he agreed to go and 'observe' at strike meetings/marches etc basically they wanted him to spy on people and stir up the violence. He refused as did many many others but it is true to say the army was involved in the strike they just didn't wear their uniforms.

Hang your heads lads you know who you are.
A downright lie. Having served in the Armed Forces myself I can categorically assure you that they do not offer "cash in hand" or promotion for carrying out a task.

I think you need to ask him again about the exact details just to make sure you've got things right yourself. If he claims it is "true" suggest he sells the story to a Sunday Tabloid. And then he can wait for Ministry of Defence officers to come knocking on his door.
[quote][p][bold]OldBiddyFrom Barney[/bold] wrote: My brother was in the army during the miners strike he was offered promotion and a cash in hand if he agreed to go and 'observe' at strike meetings/marches etc basically they wanted him to spy on people and stir up the violence. He refused as did many many others but it is true to say the army was involved in the strike they just didn't wear their uniforms. Hang your heads lads you know who you are.[/p][/quote]A downright lie. Having served in the Armed Forces myself I can categorically assure you that they do not offer "cash in hand" or promotion for carrying out a task. I think you need to ask him again about the exact details just to make sure you've got things right yourself. If he claims it is "true" suggest he sells the story to a Sunday Tabloid. And then he can wait for Ministry of Defence officers to come knocking on his door. johnny_p

10:05am Fri 3 Jan 14

johnny_p says...

What's wrong DarloBoss? Cat got your "lounge"?
What's wrong DarloBoss? Cat got your "lounge"? johnny_p

10:11am Fri 3 Jan 14

darloboss says...

so we all agree the state should use armed forces against their own people
isnt that something you would expect in russia
and i thought we lived in a democracy
so we all agree the state should use armed forces against their own people isnt that something you would expect in russia and i thought we lived in a democracy darloboss

10:43am Fri 3 Jan 14

OldBiddyFrom Barney says...

johhny p

You don't realise the fact that you and your kind are still issuing threats decades after the events occurred kind of prove what was going on.

You still want to put your boot on my neck don't you.
johhny p You don't realise the fact that you and your kind are still issuing threats decades after the events occurred kind of prove what was going on. You still want to put your boot on my neck don't you. OldBiddyFrom Barney

11:01am Fri 3 Jan 14

sineater says...

Jonny, Talking about downright lies,i thought you said you have been disabled since birth,and had several bouts of treatment in hospital for your medical problems,so how did you manage to serve in the army as well ?
Jonny, Talking about downright lies,i thought you said you have been disabled since birth,and had several bouts of treatment in hospital for your medical problems,so how did you manage to serve in the army as well ? sineater

11:17am Fri 3 Jan 14

OldBiddyFrom Barney says...

johnny p

You need a good memory to be a good liar you silly sausage
johnny p You need a good memory to be a good liar you silly sausage OldBiddyFrom Barney

11:48am Fri 3 Jan 14

loan_star says...

sineater wrote:
Jonny, Talking about downright lies,i thought you said you have been disabled since birth,and had several bouts of treatment in hospital for your medical problems,so how did you manage to serve in the army as well ?
So disabled people can't work for the armed forces? After all, not all jobs involve working on the front line.
Or do you expect them to sit at home living on handouts?
[quote][p][bold]sineater[/bold] wrote: Jonny, Talking about downright lies,i thought you said you have been disabled since birth,and had several bouts of treatment in hospital for your medical problems,so how did you manage to serve in the army as well ?[/p][/quote]So disabled people can't work for the armed forces? After all, not all jobs involve working on the front line. Or do you expect them to sit at home living on handouts? loan_star

12:10pm Fri 3 Jan 14

BMD says...

darloboss wrote:
so we all agree the state should use armed forces against their own people isnt that something you would expect in russia and i thought we lived in a democracy
The armed forces would have operated at the pits (supplying coal) - Not stood with a gun to a miners head.

The army operates a "Green Goddess' when the fire-fighters strike, for the safety of the public.
[quote][p][bold]darloboss[/bold] wrote: so we all agree the state should use armed forces against their own people isnt that something you would expect in russia and i thought we lived in a democracy[/p][/quote]The armed forces would have operated at the pits (supplying coal) - Not stood with a gun to a miners head. The army operates a "Green Goddess' when the fire-fighters strike, for the safety of the public. BMD

12:37pm Fri 3 Jan 14

MSG says...

i knew an ex -Marine from the Barnsley area who said they were "paid to dress as policemen and control the strikers in Co. Durham". They were "brought up here so no one would recognise them". I assume ex-military from the north east went to Yorkshire area to do the same.

I thought it was a porky but it now appears it may have been true.
i knew an ex -Marine from the Barnsley area who said they were "paid to dress as policemen and control the strikers in Co. Durham". They were "brought up here so no one would recognise them". I assume ex-military from the north east went to Yorkshire area to do the same. I thought it was a porky but it now appears it may have been true. MSG

1:02pm Fri 3 Jan 14

David Lacey says...

Why all the focus on the wretched miners strike and not a mention of the way that she strong armed Nissan, the Japanese and her own Chancellor into getting the car factory set up in Sunderland? The fact is that the pits were going to close irrespective of the Government, Labour or Tory. Where she let us down was to fail to bring in sufficient measures to replace the lost jobs. Had the miners leadership behaved responsibly it might have been different. Oh for Joe Gormley and his steady hand on the tiller. But it was not to be.
Why all the focus on the wretched miners strike and not a mention of the way that she strong armed Nissan, the Japanese and her own Chancellor into getting the car factory set up in Sunderland? The fact is that the pits were going to close irrespective of the Government, Labour or Tory. Where she let us down was to fail to bring in sufficient measures to replace the lost jobs. Had the miners leadership behaved responsibly it might have been different. Oh for Joe Gormley and his steady hand on the tiller. But it was not to be. David Lacey

1:42pm Fri 3 Jan 14

sineater says...

LOAN STAR Jonny p is an obvious fantasist, he should have starred in the remake of the secret life of Walter Mitty .
LOAN STAR Jonny p is an obvious fantasist, he should have starred in the remake of the secret life of Walter Mitty . sineater

1:44pm Fri 3 Jan 14

sineater says...

If Jonny was in the army,could he print his reg, serial number, what he did in the forces ,where he was based etc.
If Jonny was in the army,could he print his reg, serial number, what he did in the forces ,where he was based etc. sineater

1:59pm Fri 3 Jan 14

John Justice says...

As a serving Police Officer in Durham I was heavily involved in the Miners Strike. I can honestly say that to my knowledge the army was not used in any way to assist the Police either covertly (in Police uniform on the picket line) or overtly in moving coal or other goods. The "Troops" issue is a myth developed to help the Miners cause. No one, either Miner or other wise has actually produced hard evidence that troops dressed as Police were used. People say they know some one who had a relative in the army who was seen in Police Uniform on the picket line. Well produce the evidence. In actual fact it is a criminal offence for any person who is not a Police Officer to dress in uniform. As to Maggie considering using the Army?. She was right to do so. She would be failing in her duty if she had not considered all options. They were not used so what is the problem?.
As a serving Police Officer in Durham I was heavily involved in the Miners Strike. I can honestly say that to my knowledge the army was not used in any way to assist the Police either covertly (in Police uniform on the picket line) or overtly in moving coal or other goods. The "Troops" issue is a myth developed to help the Miners cause. No one, either Miner or other wise has actually produced hard evidence that troops dressed as Police were used. People say they know some one who had a relative in the army who was seen in Police Uniform on the picket line. Well produce the evidence. In actual fact it is a criminal offence for any person who is not a Police Officer to dress in uniform. As to Maggie considering using the Army?. She was right to do so. She would be failing in her duty if she had not considered all options. They were not used so what is the problem?. John Justice

2:36pm Fri 3 Jan 14

sineater says...

She was right to consider using troops,considering she provoked the strike in the first place-no she did not have the right.
She was right to consider using troops,considering she provoked the strike in the first place-no she did not have the right. sineater

4:44pm Fri 3 Jan 14

cushybutterfield says...

'Destructive far left Union anarchy' was at Britains doorstep, the well being and industry of all other British Working class people People comes first. God forbid we could have had a far left-maxist Union puppet British Government. Their masters operating from Moscow.
'Destructive far left Union anarchy' was at Britains doorstep, the well being and industry of all other British Working class people People comes first. God forbid we could have had a far left-maxist Union puppet British Government. Their masters operating from Moscow. cushybutterfield

4:47pm Fri 3 Jan 14

spyathome says...

Its daft to think squaddies were co-opted to operate as Police or political agitators during the strike.

Your typical squaddy is Northern + working class. Hardly likely to beat their own.
Its daft to think squaddies were co-opted to operate as Police or political agitators during the strike. Your typical squaddy is Northern + working class. Hardly likely to beat their own. spyathome

4:54pm Fri 3 Jan 14

spyathome says...

I'd no love fr Maggy - she was a stupid woamn who did OK when she listened to Keith Joseph. Total failure when she started following her own instincts.

All these 'Maggy shut down the mines' grossly over-play how much power she had and was able to exercise. People are just scaring themselves with the Maggy monster under the bed stories.

Look, both France's and Germany's coal fields shutdown during the same time period (80s to 90s). Would the usual suspects like to blame her for those too?

The coal mines were closed due to a number of factors. In no particular order:
- Unions + Arthur S + state involvement.
- Increased capital investment, increasing productivity, lowering labour.
- Introduction of shipping containers, massively increasing port capacity for import + export.
I'd no love fr Maggy - she was a stupid woamn who did OK when she listened to Keith Joseph. Total failure when she started following her own instincts. All these 'Maggy shut down the mines' grossly over-play how much power she had and was able to exercise. People are just scaring themselves with the Maggy monster under the bed stories. Look, both France's and Germany's coal fields shutdown during the same time period (80s to 90s). Would the usual suspects like to blame her for those too? The coal mines were closed due to a number of factors. In no particular order: - Unions + Arthur S + state involvement. - Increased capital investment, increasing productivity, lowering labour. - Introduction of shipping containers, massively increasing port capacity for import + export. spyathome

5:15pm Fri 3 Jan 14

darloboss says...

loan_star wrote:
sineater wrote:
Jonny, Talking about downright lies,i thought you said you have been disabled since birth,and had several bouts of treatment in hospital for your medical problems,so how did you manage to serve in the army as well ?
So disabled people can't work for the armed forces? After all, not all jobs involve working on the front line.
Or do you expect them to sit at home living on handouts?
jonny part fants says " Having served in the Armed Forces myself" sugesting that he was in the armed services and not working for the armed forces
[quote][p][bold]loan_star[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sineater[/bold] wrote: Jonny, Talking about downright lies,i thought you said you have been disabled since birth,and had several bouts of treatment in hospital for your medical problems,so how did you manage to serve in the army as well ?[/p][/quote]So disabled people can't work for the armed forces? After all, not all jobs involve working on the front line. Or do you expect them to sit at home living on handouts?[/p][/quote]jonny part fants says " Having served in the Armed Forces myself" sugesting that he was in the armed services and not working for the armed forces darloboss

5:20pm Fri 3 Jan 14

johnny_p says...

sineater wrote:
If Jonny was in the army,could he print his reg, serial number, what he did in the forces ,where he was based etc.
I could do. I could also supply my home address, telephone number, bank and credit card details, date of birth...... but I obviously won't. You can't even keep the same username on here because you've been booted off the Echo website so often. And by the way, it's name, rank and service number- which are the only three things you are required to supply under the Geneva Convention. You're not issued with a "reg", that's for a car..... doh!

For your interest, I've never claimed I was "disabled since birth" either, but became very ill after leaving the Forces and am now registered as "Chronically Sick and Disabled". Still, you'll be delighted to know that despite this I've continued to work and hold down a full time job. I'm very proud to have served defending our country, something that you and the other mindless and thoughtless commentators on here should bear in mind when trying to get cheap digs in at me. I can tell you now you wouldn't last 5 minutes in the Army, Air Force or Royal Navy.

Sadly my friend you are little more than an internet troll, taking seeming delight in other peoples misfortune. Because you don't work yourself you are not fit to hold an opinion on anything that matters, so I would like to urge other posters on here to s**teater's comments and let him post away until his next ban- which surely won't be long now.
[quote][p][bold]sineater[/bold] wrote: If Jonny was in the army,could he print his reg, serial number, what he did in the forces ,where he was based etc.[/p][/quote]I could do. I could also supply my home address, telephone number, bank and credit card details, date of birth...... but I obviously won't. You can't even keep the same username on here because you've been booted off the Echo website so often. And by the way, it's name, rank and service number- which are the only three things you are required to supply under the Geneva Convention. You're not issued with a "reg", that's for a car..... doh! For your interest, I've never claimed I was "disabled since birth" either, but became very ill after leaving the Forces and am now registered as "Chronically Sick and Disabled". Still, you'll be delighted to know that despite this I've continued to work and hold down a full time job. I'm very proud to have served defending our country, something that you and the other mindless and thoughtless commentators on here should bear in mind when trying to get cheap digs in at me. I can tell you now you wouldn't last 5 minutes in the Army, Air Force or Royal Navy. Sadly my friend you are little more than an internet troll, taking seeming delight in other peoples misfortune. Because you don't work yourself you are not fit to hold an opinion on anything that matters, so I would like to urge other posters on here to s**teater's comments and let him post away until his next ban- which surely won't be long now. johnny_p

5:38pm Fri 3 Jan 14

johnny_p says...

darloboss wrote:
loan_star wrote:
sineater wrote:
Jonny, Talking about downright lies,i thought you said you have been disabled since birth,and had several bouts of treatment in hospital for your medical problems,so how did you manage to serve in the army as well ?
So disabled people can't work for the armed forces? After all, not all jobs involve working on the front line.
Or do you expect them to sit at home living on handouts?
jonny part fants says " Having served in the Armed Forces myself" sugesting that he was in the armed services and not working for the armed forces
Wow! That's funny. Spelling not too bad this time, although it's still difficult to understand the point you are making. Still, I'm at least relieved that you've stopped trying to arrange impromptu meetings for myself and David to turn up to in car lay byes of the A66. As I explained before- not really my kind of thing and I'm sure there are "specialist" websites that can arrange that kind of creepy shenanigans for you.....

Cat got your "lounge" (TONGUE) DarloBoss? Yourself and Sineater were awfully quiet when it came to the matter of the Darlington dole scrounging Couple who wanted the Council to come round and tidy up their council house. Perhaps you can sit down tonight and practice writing more than a paragraph about the above article regarding the possible involvement of the Army in the Miner's strike? Something that is your own thoughts and words and not just playground name calling and running away. Don't be shy, and if you're not too confident ask a grown up to check your spelling before you click that "post comment" button.

Good luck.
[quote][p][bold]darloboss[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]loan_star[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sineater[/bold] wrote: Jonny, Talking about downright lies,i thought you said you have been disabled since birth,and had several bouts of treatment in hospital for your medical problems,so how did you manage to serve in the army as well ?[/p][/quote]So disabled people can't work for the armed forces? After all, not all jobs involve working on the front line. Or do you expect them to sit at home living on handouts?[/p][/quote]jonny part fants says " Having served in the Armed Forces myself" sugesting that he was in the armed services and not working for the armed forces[/p][/quote]Wow! That's funny. Spelling not too bad this time, although it's still difficult to understand the point you are making. Still, I'm at least relieved that you've stopped trying to arrange impromptu meetings for myself and David to turn up to in car lay byes of the A66. As I explained before- not really my kind of thing and I'm sure there are "specialist" websites that can arrange that kind of creepy shenanigans for you..... Cat got your "lounge" (TONGUE) DarloBoss? Yourself and Sineater were awfully quiet when it came to the matter of the Darlington dole scrounging Couple who wanted the Council to come round and tidy up their council house. Perhaps you can sit down tonight and practice writing more than a paragraph about the above article regarding the possible involvement of the Army in the Miner's strike? Something that is your own thoughts and words and not just playground name calling and running away. Don't be shy, and if you're not too confident ask a grown up to check your spelling before you click that "post comment" button. Good luck. johnny_p

5:54pm Fri 3 Jan 14

darloboss says...

ouch got me there G.I. johnny
ouch got me there G.I. johnny darloboss

6:26pm Fri 3 Jan 14

Jonn says...

All I remember is she took away my milk. She also spent many a Christmas in the company of known serial peadophile.
All I remember is she took away my milk. She also spent many a Christmas in the company of known serial peadophile. Jonn

8:04pm Fri 3 Jan 14

victorjames says...

For once I find myself in general agreement with David Lacy on his summing up of the likely outcome of the strike right from the very beginning. However Mrs T came to power absolutely determined to defeat the miners union for the humiliation they had inflivted on Edward Heath (this much was confirmed in arecent biography of Mrs T by one of her greatest admirers).

Any union leader worth his hame would have made long term plans for just such a situation. As David said many of the mines were due to close anyway but the difference was that under Labour such closures were made with some consideration of the effect on the mining communities. Mrs T didn't give a **** and that's what working class people recognised. She hated them and had particular venom for the miners.

As regards the undercover troops I've been in the forces and if the government wanted you to do a particular duty you were ordered to do so. You also knew the consequences if you chose to refuse. Mrs T may have thought about using them but there seems to be little evidence that she did so, she alreday had enough help from Special Branch and the police.
For once I find myself in general agreement with David Lacy on his summing up of the likely outcome of the strike right from the very beginning. However Mrs T came to power absolutely determined to defeat the miners union for the humiliation they had inflivted on Edward Heath (this much was confirmed in arecent biography of Mrs T by one of her greatest admirers). Any union leader worth his hame would have made long term plans for just such a situation. As David said many of the mines were due to close anyway but the difference was that under Labour such closures were made with some consideration of the effect on the mining communities. Mrs T didn't give a **** and that's what working class people recognised. She hated them and had particular venom for the miners. As regards the undercover troops I've been in the forces and if the government wanted you to do a particular duty you were ordered to do so. You also knew the consequences if you chose to refuse. Mrs T may have thought about using them but there seems to be little evidence that she did so, she alreday had enough help from Special Branch and the police. victorjames

8:10pm Fri 3 Jan 14

sineater says...

Reg is short for regiment,get back to your fantasy world,and leave the real world for real people. When talking about the army,you claim to have served in the army,when people were talking about disabled people getting their benefits cut you claimed you were disabled, time to grow up son.
Reg is short for regiment,get back to your fantasy world,and leave the real world for real people. When talking about the army,you claim to have served in the army,when people were talking about disabled people getting their benefits cut you claimed you were disabled, time to grow up son. sineater

8:48pm Fri 3 Jan 14

Duke of Aycliffe says...

Who cares it's ancient history anyway, move on please. Who in their right mind would want to work down the pits anyway? The miner's got decent payouts when they were made redundant.
One of the guys I used to work with worked at Vane Tempest, he used his pay off money to pay his mortgage off. He was a scab, he admitted it, however no one ever said anything to his face, probably because when he was younger, he was hard as nails.
My mate said he had no choice but to work, he had children & a mortgage & he thought Arthur Scargill, was a twit.
Who cares it's ancient history anyway, move on please. Who in their right mind would want to work down the pits anyway? The miner's got decent payouts when they were made redundant. One of the guys I used to work with worked at Vane Tempest, he used his pay off money to pay his mortgage off. He was a scab, he admitted it, however no one ever said anything to his face, probably because when he was younger, he was hard as nails. My mate said he had no choice but to work, he had children & a mortgage & he thought Arthur Scargill, was a twit. Duke of Aycliffe

8:55pm Fri 3 Jan 14

gavshaw62 says...

Margaret thatcher best prime minister this country has had in my memory
Margaret thatcher best prime minister this country has had in my memory gavshaw62

9:09pm Fri 3 Jan 14

johnny_p says...

sineater wrote:
Reg is short for regiment,get back to your fantasy world,and leave the real world for real people. When talking about the army,you claim to have served in the army,when people were talking about disabled people getting their benefits cut you claimed you were disabled, time to grow up son.
Oh sorry. I thought reg was short for Reginald. We always used REGT. Still you're not well known for rewriting history or generally distorting facts to suit what you want to believe.

Any more nuggets of military info for me to reabsorb?
[quote][p][bold]sineater[/bold] wrote: Reg is short for regiment,get back to your fantasy world,and leave the real world for real people. When talking about the army,you claim to have served in the army,when people were talking about disabled people getting their benefits cut you claimed you were disabled, time to grow up son.[/p][/quote]Oh sorry. I thought reg was short for Reginald. We always used REGT. Still you're not well known for rewriting history or generally distorting facts to suit what you want to believe. Any more nuggets of military info for me to reabsorb? johnny_p

11:18pm Fri 3 Jan 14

darloboss says...

just a parting shot to GI. johnny I have 12 years service with REME under my belt
just a parting shot to GI. johnny I have 12 years service with REME under my belt darloboss

5:30am Sat 4 Jan 14

Jonn says...

I think it's rather apt that an article about Thatcher has led to comments which have descended into bickering and divisiveness.
What a legacy!
I think it's rather apt that an article about Thatcher has led to comments which have descended into bickering and divisiveness. What a legacy! Jonn

8:37am Sat 4 Jan 14

Jackaranda says...

Jonn wrote:
I think it's rather apt that an article about Thatcher has led to comments which have descended into bickering and divisiveness.
What a legacy!
And an article about Blair would bring harmony? My arse!!
[quote][p][bold]Jonn[/bold] wrote: I think it's rather apt that an article about Thatcher has led to comments which have descended into bickering and divisiveness. What a legacy![/p][/quote]And an article about Blair would bring harmony? My arse!! Jackaranda

9:23am Sat 4 Jan 14

Copley23 says...

Why has the Darlington Echo even posted this tale?

Because it's snit stirring as usual to get it's quota of comments.

Are they on a bonus? Tell Mr Barron to sell his gong instead please.

Ridiculous.
Why has the Darlington Echo even posted this tale? Because it's snit stirring as usual to get it's quota of comments. Are they on a bonus? Tell Mr Barron to sell his gong instead please. Ridiculous. Copley23

9:24am Sat 4 Jan 14

Jonn says...

Jackaranda wrote:
Jonn wrote:
I think it's rather apt that an article about Thatcher has led to comments which have descended into bickering and divisiveness.
What a legacy!
And an article about Blair would bring harmony? My arse!!
You sound like a typical politician. Incapable of responding without bringing up what the opposition did. In other words, yes we are cr*p but the opposition are cr*p too.
Tony Blair was a Tory in disguise anyway but the article is about Thatcher. Both kept company with sickos and mass murdering dictators.
[quote][p][bold]Jackaranda[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Jonn[/bold] wrote: I think it's rather apt that an article about Thatcher has led to comments which have descended into bickering and divisiveness. What a legacy![/p][/quote]And an article about Blair would bring harmony? My arse!![/p][/quote]You sound like a typical politician. Incapable of responding without bringing up what the opposition did. In other words, yes we are cr*p but the opposition are cr*p too. Tony Blair was a Tory in disguise anyway but the article is about Thatcher. Both kept company with sickos and mass murdering dictators. Jonn

1:15pm Sat 4 Jan 14

cushybutterfield says...

Good old so called 'northern' Arthur Scargill did well out of it all with a 'Hefty Union Pension plus perks', , good old Arthur apparently still living in a posh part of London. The Germans (Germany) years ago were on rock-bottom, they did not whinge like the British but with determined modernisation (free of Union petty political point scouring) together with sheer hard graft built up their economy. The Germans (and the Dutch) certainly know what a ,........'Fair days *****work for a fair days pay'.***.... means, a lesson most ' dinosaur left wing Unions in Britain' refuse point- bank to grasp No wonder Maggie came along and give Britain a good positive kick up a 'lazy inept medevial',.. Britains backside which was well overdue, as 'greedy workshy Unions' in the main had destroyed British Industrywith demarcation strikes here, there and everywhere, well before Maggie was voted into power. Yes when it comes to sheer hard work and committment to Country the Germans and Dutch can teach Britain a lot.
Good old so called 'northern' Arthur Scargill did well out of it all with a 'Hefty Union Pension plus perks', , good old Arthur apparently still living in a posh part of London. The Germans (Germany) years ago were on rock-bottom, they did not whinge like the British but with determined modernisation (free of Union petty political point scouring) together with sheer hard graft built up their economy. The Germans (and the Dutch) certainly know what a ,........'Fair days *****work for a fair days pay'.***.... means, a lesson most ' dinosaur left wing Unions in Britain' refuse point- bank to grasp No wonder Maggie came along and give Britain a good positive kick up a 'lazy inept medevial',.. Britains backside which was well overdue, as 'greedy workshy Unions' in the main had destroyed British Industrywith demarcation strikes here, there and everywhere, well before Maggie was voted into power. Yes when it comes to sheer hard work and committment to Country the Germans and Dutch can teach Britain a lot. cushybutterfield

2:38pm Sat 4 Jan 14

sineater says...

Jonny, (Walter Mitty) I never alter facts,and I live on planet earth,unlike you, Cameron ,and his party ,and it seems tory supporters never tell the truth,the party is even deleting the lies they told to get elected hopeing everyone hasa bad memory,what was army number again ?,I wouldn't last 5 minites in the forces, I bet the ex -service people who are being conned out of their pensions,and the disabled ex-service people who have had their benefits cut by this government ,never signed up in the first place !!
Jonny, (Walter Mitty) I never alter facts,and I live on planet earth,unlike you, Cameron ,and his party ,and it seems tory supporters never tell the truth,the party is even deleting the lies they told to get elected hopeing everyone hasa bad memory,what was army number again ?,I wouldn't last 5 minites in the forces, I bet the ex -service people who are being conned out of their pensions,and the disabled ex-service people who have had their benefits cut by this government ,never signed up in the first place !! sineater

3:05pm Sat 4 Jan 14

sineater says...

I'm very glad you are working Jonny,because if you lost your job,and tried to get disability benefit you would be passed fit anyway,so not much choice now with this government,hope your condition does not deteriorate,because the people in power now don't care anyway.
I'm very glad you are working Jonny,because if you lost your job,and tried to get disability benefit you would be passed fit anyway,so not much choice now with this government,hope your condition does not deteriorate,because the people in power now don't care anyway. sineater

4:41pm Sat 4 Jan 14

ESnowden4EVA says...

You're right cushybutterfield, that's why the Industrial Revolution and more contributions to the modern world than anywhere else came from Germany and the Netherlands. Oh wait hang on it was Britain.
You're right cushybutterfield, that's why the Industrial Revolution and more contributions to the modern world than anywhere else came from Germany and the Netherlands. Oh wait hang on it was Britain. ESnowden4EVA

4:45pm Sat 4 Jan 14

elmo33 says...

BROKEN BRITISH POLITICS –THE BIG LIE
This Country is run on a Capitalist System the Semi Socialist years of Old Labour were wiped off the face of the Earth by Thatcher .What ardent supporters of Capitalism like Thatcher,Blair and Cameron don’t or didn’t tell us is that Capitalism thrives on Unemployment and Underemployment .That is one of the Basic Factors of how Capitalism works .Now they are taking it a step further and introducing Mandatory Workfare .
We did not need to be Educated in Financial Matters to appreciate that Thatcher was decimating our Country in Favour of a minority getting Richer .She even employed her own Economist Alan Walters who if the Treasury disagreed with Thatcher Walters would argue her case ,this practice ended when both resigned through frustration .
Blair & Cameron are both Thatcherite protégé’s ,all three could look us in the eye and categorically state that the Countries woes were anything but the Greed of Capitalism .Benefit Fraud,Scoungers,Mali
ngerers the Unemployed the NHS the Weather anything but any of the true reasons one being Immigration for cheap Labour .Leading Hedge Fund owners in the UK got personal remunerations last year of £2.5 Billion each .Politicians are in Charge get it right or put it right don’t push the blame like lame ducks .
We swallowed the Big Lie and continue to do so .No wonder they treat us like Plebs .
http://brokenbritish
politics.simplesite.
com
BROKEN BRITISH POLITICS –THE BIG LIE This Country is run on a Capitalist System the Semi Socialist years of Old Labour were wiped off the face of the Earth by Thatcher .What ardent supporters of Capitalism like Thatcher,Blair and Cameron don’t or didn’t tell us is that Capitalism thrives on Unemployment and Underemployment .That is one of the Basic Factors of how Capitalism works .Now they are taking it a step further and introducing Mandatory Workfare . We did not need to be Educated in Financial Matters to appreciate that Thatcher was decimating our Country in Favour of a minority getting Richer .She even employed her own Economist Alan Walters who if the Treasury disagreed with Thatcher Walters would argue her case ,this practice ended when both resigned through frustration . Blair & Cameron are both Thatcherite protégé’s ,all three could look us in the eye and categorically state that the Countries woes were anything but the Greed of Capitalism .Benefit Fraud,Scoungers,Mali ngerers the Unemployed the NHS the Weather anything but any of the true reasons one being Immigration for cheap Labour .Leading Hedge Fund owners in the UK got personal remunerations last year of £2.5 Billion each .Politicians are in Charge get it right or put it right don’t push the blame like lame ducks . We swallowed the Big Lie and continue to do so .No wonder they treat us like Plebs . http://brokenbritish politics.simplesite. com elmo33

6:06pm Sat 4 Jan 14

cushybutterfield says...

Any decent working class man in the street will tell you that the British benefits system (Yes there are of course many genune claimants) and so called 'invalidity system' has been hi-jacked and riddled with systematic claimant abuse for decades, with supposed mystical 'bad backs', ....., (most not through any record of work of any kind) and everything from ingrowing toe-nails to 'Saint-Vitus Dance and 'nursemaids knee'. The systems are rife with fraudulent claims which is now costing Britain colossal Billions, all paid for by the genuine working Taxpayer.
Any decent working class man in the street will tell you that the British benefits system (Yes there are of course many genune claimants) and so called 'invalidity system' has been hi-jacked and riddled with systematic claimant abuse for decades, with supposed mystical 'bad backs', ....., (most not through any record of work of any kind) and everything from ingrowing toe-nails to 'Saint-Vitus Dance and 'nursemaids knee'. The systems are rife with fraudulent claims which is now costing Britain colossal Billions, all paid for by the genuine working Taxpayer. cushybutterfield

6:29pm Sat 4 Jan 14

spragger says...

Looks like Louise aka Stocko has been sandbagged by her prospective electorate.
At least they have some sense
Looks like Louise aka Stocko has been sandbagged by her prospective electorate. At least they have some sense spragger

7:16pm Sat 4 Jan 14

loan_star says...

sineater wrote:
Jonny, (Walter Mitty) I never alter facts,and I live on planet earth,unlike you, Cameron ,and his party ,and it seems tory supporters never tell the truth,the party is even deleting the lies they told to get elected hopeing everyone hasa bad memory,what was army number again ?,I wouldn't last 5 minites in the forces, I bet the ex -service people who are being conned out of their pensions,and the disabled ex-service people who have had their benefits cut by this government ,never signed up in the first place !!
So the tories never tell the truth? A bit like old Gordy saying he had abolished boom and bust! And Blair with his WMD!
Face it, all politicians are as bad as each other and none can be trusted to be in it for anything other than feathering their own nests and egos. I'd sooner support a party that encourages people to make their own way in life and not expect others to pay their way for them.
[quote][p][bold]sineater[/bold] wrote: Jonny, (Walter Mitty) I never alter facts,and I live on planet earth,unlike you, Cameron ,and his party ,and it seems tory supporters never tell the truth,the party is even deleting the lies they told to get elected hopeing everyone hasa bad memory,what was army number again ?,I wouldn't last 5 minites in the forces, I bet the ex -service people who are being conned out of their pensions,and the disabled ex-service people who have had their benefits cut by this government ,never signed up in the first place !![/p][/quote]So the tories never tell the truth? A bit like old Gordy saying he had abolished boom and bust! And Blair with his WMD! Face it, all politicians are as bad as each other and none can be trusted to be in it for anything other than feathering their own nests and egos. I'd sooner support a party that encourages people to make their own way in life and not expect others to pay their way for them. loan_star

8:56pm Sat 4 Jan 14

Red rose lad says...

It would have been a mistake not to consider using the army considering the grip which the unions had on the country at that time. Let's not forget the backdrop to this socialist mutiny: power-cuts, no waste collections, rubbish and rats in the streets and bodies unburied. The lefty fruitcakes never mention that more pits closed under the Labour governments of Wilson and Callaghan than under Maggie. They woulkd have gone anyway without her. It's expedient to ignore the facts to suit your argument. She saved this country from the Mob. The problem with the North East now is it won't move on. Dave Hopper (Durham Miners) is still going on about a woman who has blighted generations in these communities 30 years later. Sting and Jimmy Nail are still singing about the lack of shipbuilding on the Tyne. Get over it lads and move on. Maggie intervened and got the Japanese to invest in the Nissan plant which has been a roaring success. The workers there have shown what fantastic skills are in the region and should be applauded for making the factory one of the best in the world. Let the bitterness go and look to the future - please.
It would have been a mistake not to consider using the army considering the grip which the unions had on the country at that time. Let's not forget the backdrop to this socialist mutiny: power-cuts, no waste collections, rubbish and rats in the streets and bodies unburied. The lefty fruitcakes never mention that more pits closed under the Labour governments of Wilson and Callaghan than under Maggie. They woulkd have gone anyway without her. It's expedient to ignore the facts to suit your argument. She saved this country from the Mob. The problem with the North East now is it won't move on. Dave Hopper (Durham Miners) is still going on about a woman who has blighted generations in these communities 30 years later. Sting and Jimmy Nail are still singing about the lack of shipbuilding on the Tyne. Get over it lads and move on. Maggie intervened and got the Japanese to invest in the Nissan plant which has been a roaring success. The workers there have shown what fantastic skills are in the region and should be applauded for making the factory one of the best in the world. Let the bitterness go and look to the future - please. Red rose lad

10:41pm Sat 4 Jan 14

darloboss says...

sineater wrote:
I'm very glad you are working Jonny,because if you lost your job,and tried to get disability benefit you would be passed fit anyway,so not much choice now with this government,hope your condition does not deteriorate,because the people in power now don't care anyway.
GI Johnny always claims to be a cycling fanatic time for a disability claimants check i think
[quote][p][bold]sineater[/bold] wrote: I'm very glad you are working Jonny,because if you lost your job,and tried to get disability benefit you would be passed fit anyway,so not much choice now with this government,hope your condition does not deteriorate,because the people in power now don't care anyway.[/p][/quote]GI Johnny always claims to be a cycling fanatic time for a disability claimants check i think darloboss

11:45am Sun 5 Jan 14

elmo33 says...

cushybutterfield wrote:
Any decent working class man in the street will tell you that the British benefits system (Yes there are of course many genune claimants) and so called 'invalidity system' has been hi-jacked and riddled with systematic claimant abuse for decades, with supposed mystical 'bad backs', ....., (most not through any record of work of any kind) and everything from ingrowing toe-nails to 'Saint-Vitus Dance and 'nursemaids knee'. The systems are rife with fraudulent claims which is now costing Britain colossal Billions, all paid for by the genuine working Taxpayer.
Butterfingers -Who let it happen ? Mr Mist ,the incompetent Gravy Train scroungers that want something for nothing rather than earn what they get paid for .If the system is so flawed it was flawed in the first place .The above list of ailments is pretty comprehensive are they some of the excuses you have tried to defraud the system you seem to know more about the seedier side od it than the normal .
[quote][p][bold]cushybutterfield[/bold] wrote: Any decent working class man in the street will tell you that the British benefits system (Yes there are of course many genune claimants) and so called 'invalidity system' has been hi-jacked and riddled with systematic claimant abuse for decades, with supposed mystical 'bad backs', ....., (most not through any record of work of any kind) and everything from ingrowing toe-nails to 'Saint-Vitus Dance and 'nursemaids knee'. The systems are rife with fraudulent claims which is now costing Britain colossal Billions, all paid for by the genuine working Taxpayer.[/p][/quote]Butterfingers -Who let it happen ? Mr Mist ,the incompetent Gravy Train scroungers that want something for nothing rather than earn what they get paid for .If the system is so flawed it was flawed in the first place .The above list of ailments is pretty comprehensive are they some of the excuses you have tried to defraud the system you seem to know more about the seedier side od it than the normal . elmo33

12:11pm Sun 5 Jan 14

darloboss says...

crustybutterballs sounds like youve tried them all well said elmo33
crustybutterballs sounds like youve tried them all well said elmo33 darloboss

5:40pm Sun 5 Jan 14

cushybutterfield says...

Moscow left wing Union labour poodles, Wilson and Callaghan closed MORE Coalmines than Margaret Thatcher. As regards Britains membership of Europe Margaret Thatcher would ever have put up with minipulating, lying, corrupt (will not deport immigrants from Britain convicte of serious crime), so called Human Rights E.U. 'Anti-British' subversive dross eminatting from Brussels. She would have again put Britain and the decent working class people first, dispite Maggies faults she had the backbone, guts and political moral fibre to stand up for Britain both in Europe and the world. You all know who to vote for next time around, to kick into touch this 'corrupt Anti-British' EU System.
Moscow left wing Union labour poodles, Wilson and Callaghan closed MORE Coalmines than Margaret Thatcher. As regards Britains membership of Europe Margaret Thatcher would ever have put up with minipulating, lying, corrupt (will not deport immigrants from Britain convicte of serious crime), so called Human Rights E.U. 'Anti-British' subversive dross eminatting from Brussels. She would have again put Britain and the decent working class people first, dispite Maggies faults she had the backbone, guts and political moral fibre to stand up for Britain both in Europe and the world. You all know who to vote for next time around, to kick into touch this 'corrupt Anti-British' EU System. cushybutterfield

5:55pm Sun 5 Jan 14

cushybutterfield says...

The Miners Strike was 'Moscow funded and backed', determined to subvert Britain. 'British Union Moscow far marxist left puppets' were intent in destroying both 'law and order' and the British way of life. Moscow style 'Red menace' anarchy was on Britains doorstep, in the shape of a gigantic' Moscow run perverted Union Wooden Horse', intent on subverting our country. Most miners got free coal, whilst other working class people had to pay for their coal. You had even to check that the correct number of bags of coal were delivered, as on some occasions coal was syphoned off by a minority of coal delivery, so called working-class punters. Thank God they had the British Army on imminent standby.
The Miners Strike was 'Moscow funded and backed', determined to subvert Britain. 'British Union Moscow far marxist left puppets' were intent in destroying both 'law and order' and the British way of life. Moscow style 'Red menace' anarchy was on Britains doorstep, in the shape of a gigantic' Moscow run perverted Union Wooden Horse', intent on subverting our country. Most miners got free coal, whilst other working class people had to pay for their coal. You had even to check that the correct number of bags of coal were delivered, as on some occasions coal was syphoned off by a minority of coal delivery, so called working-class punters. Thank God they had the British Army on imminent standby. cushybutterfield

6:50pm Sun 5 Jan 14

sineater says...

Loan Srar,Go through Camerons promises,and apart from helping his friends in the city make millions ,check how many promises he has broke,he's now pledging to boost the retirement pension,don't build up your hopes,those that qualify that is. There is a difference between labour not achieving what they set out to do ,and the tories telling bare-faced lies,knowing they have no intention of fulfilling their promises.
Loan Srar,Go through Camerons promises,and apart from helping his friends in the city make millions ,check how many promises he has broke,he's now pledging to boost the retirement pension,don't build up your hopes,those that qualify that is. There is a difference between labour not achieving what they set out to do ,and the tories telling bare-faced lies,knowing they have no intention of fulfilling their promises. sineater

7:50pm Sun 5 Jan 14

darloboss says...

crustybutterball
I was there doing it living it
dont quote from right wing
propaganda
crustybutterball I was there doing it living it dont quote from right wing propaganda darloboss

9:25pm Sun 5 Jan 14

cushybutterfield says...

DarloToss. Another know all, we all saw it on the Telly. Left wing Union orientated Moscow backed Riots and Criminal vandalism.
DarloToss. Another know all, we all saw it on the Telly. Left wing Union orientated Moscow backed Riots and Criminal vandalism. cushybutterfield

9:24am Mon 6 Jan 14

Taxpaying Homeowner says...

This is a tough one but if it costs more to get is out of the ground and moved than it sells for then it is no longer viable.

When in public hands it turns into an enhanced social security scheme that pays wages, pension contributions etc. for nothing.

When the Unions kept pushing and pushing for better remuneration against an industry already subsidised then there had to be a breaking point. The same nearly happened at Grangemouth a few months ago. Thankfully the members realised they would be out on their ears because the business couldn't accept the massive demands.
This is a tough one but if it costs more to get is out of the ground and moved than it sells for then it is no longer viable. When in public hands it turns into an enhanced social security scheme that pays wages, pension contributions etc. for nothing. When the Unions kept pushing and pushing for better remuneration against an industry already subsidised then there had to be a breaking point. The same nearly happened at Grangemouth a few months ago. Thankfully the members realised they would be out on their ears because the business couldn't accept the massive demands. Taxpaying Homeowner

7:01pm Mon 6 Jan 14

cushybutterfield says...

'Echoes of Moscow' rearing its ugly head (what we saw decades ago (Longbridge Car Plant etc, etc, etc) and during the miners strike. The 'red subversive union' Strike menance intent of destroying British Industry. ***Grangemouth Oil Refinery saved by a whisker, nearly brought down on its kness by 'Political engineered greed'. Apparently it was triggered off by ONE Union member being suspended, (Suspended for what ?...Eh), a pathetic nonesense of an excuse which eventually nearly put thousands of decent working class workers on the Dole.
'Echoes of Moscow' rearing its ugly head (what we saw decades ago (Longbridge Car Plant etc, etc, etc) and during the miners strike. The 'red subversive union' Strike menance intent of destroying British Industry. ***Grangemouth Oil Refinery saved by a whisker, nearly brought down on its kness by 'Political engineered greed'. Apparently it was triggered off by ONE Union member being suspended, (Suspended for what ?...Eh), a pathetic nonesense of an excuse which eventually nearly put thousands of decent working class workers on the Dole. cushybutterfield

7:06pm Mon 6 Jan 14

cushybutterfield says...

Poor Grangemouth Refinery. *** Near Anarchy and pig headed point scoring political dross on its doorstep, against the wishes of decent working class people..
Poor Grangemouth Refinery. *** Near Anarchy and pig headed point scoring political dross on its doorstep, against the wishes of decent working class people.. cushybutterfield

8:54pm Mon 6 Jan 14

robbersdog says...

cushybutterfield wrote:
DarloToss. Another know all, we all saw it on the Telly. Left wing Union orientated Moscow backed Riots and Criminal vandalism.
It's a bit rich you calling anyone a 'know all' Cushy. With your views on teachers working 2 hours a day, miners being layabouts and traitors, the railwaymen winning the second world war etc. I'm not sure why you are bothering to comment from your sun soaked paradise (courtesy of a substantial lottery win) That bit is true isn't it? Oh dear!

Your father fought against the fascists only for you to become one, how ironic.
[quote][p][bold]cushybutterfield[/bold] wrote: DarloToss. Another know all, we all saw it on the Telly. Left wing Union orientated Moscow backed Riots and Criminal vandalism.[/p][/quote]It's a bit rich you calling anyone a 'know all' Cushy. With your views on teachers working 2 hours a day, miners being layabouts and traitors, the railwaymen winning the second world war etc. I'm not sure why you are bothering to comment from your sun soaked paradise (courtesy of a substantial lottery win) That bit is true isn't it? Oh dear! Your father fought against the fascists only for you to become one, how ironic. robbersdog

11:03pm Mon 6 Jan 14

darloboss says...

cushybutterfield wrote:
DarloToss. Another know all, we all saw it on the Telly. Left wing Union orientated Moscow backed Riots and Criminal vandalism.
we all saw it on telly

says it all crustybutterballs
[quote][p][bold]cushybutterfield[/bold] wrote: DarloToss. Another know all, we all saw it on the Telly. Left wing Union orientated Moscow backed Riots and Criminal vandalism.[/p][/quote]we all saw it on telly says it all crustybutterballs darloboss

11:08pm Mon 6 Jan 14

darloboss says...

anyone else notice
when GI johnny Disappearers old crustybutterballs appears
anyone else notice when GI johnny Disappearers old crustybutterballs appears darloboss

4:02pm Tue 7 Jan 14

cushybutterfield says...

Darlo Toss So I stand up for decent ****working class people and comment on workshy benefit scoungers and benefit ' con merchants' and dubbed ' a Facist', utter nonesense. As regards the British workshy ....'Nanny-state' Benefit system. The total cost of the yearly British Welfare and Benefit Bill is TWO HUNDRED AND TWENTY BILLION . Fact. Yes when my father was fighting the Germans a certain well known part of British Industry during the war years in Kent apparently went on strike. (Read your History). I have seen Far-left Facism' at work in the Miners Strike, it operated via 'Rent a Mob' and during the 'Hackney Riots' a few years back, instigated by 'Facist far left' 'Rent a Mob(s)'. The way some of the workers who did **not want to Strike at the Grangemouth Refinery were treated disgustingly .. Many 'Anti-Strike' workers over the years have experienced a good dose of far 'left wing Facism' from their so called working class comrades. As regards immigration into Britain for cheap labour what a load of codswallop the plain truth is that many parts of British Industry just cannot any English to do any work menial or otherwise ***some (not all) of the English refuse point blank to take a job of work or even get out of bed in the morning because many bone idle workshy preferring to live off free dole benefit handouts. The Peterborough Dole Office will update you on this one. Those who want to work are mainly Polish. Hence the recruitment of many immigrants who are not afraid of hard work- graft, a ***fair days WORK for a **fair days pay. You rarely hear of these people complaining of a bad back after 2O minutes work. This constant whinging about the legal agreed minimum wage is another pathetic excuse and red herring for many long term workshy NOT to work.
Darlo Toss So I stand up for decent ****working class people and comment on workshy benefit scoungers and benefit ' con merchants' and dubbed ' a Facist', utter nonesense. As regards the British workshy ....'Nanny-state' Benefit system. The total cost of the yearly British Welfare and Benefit Bill is TWO HUNDRED AND TWENTY BILLION . Fact. Yes when my father was fighting the Germans a certain well known part of British Industry during the war years in Kent apparently went on strike. (Read your History). I have seen Far-left Facism' at work in the Miners Strike, it operated via 'Rent a Mob' and during the 'Hackney Riots' a few years back, instigated by 'Facist far left' 'Rent a Mob(s)'. The way some of the workers who did **not want to Strike at the Grangemouth Refinery were treated disgustingly .. Many 'Anti-Strike' workers over the years have experienced a good dose of far 'left wing Facism' from their so called working class comrades. As regards immigration into Britain for cheap labour what a load of codswallop the plain truth is that many parts of British Industry just cannot any English to do any work menial or otherwise ***some (not all) of the English refuse point blank to take a job of work or even get out of bed in the morning because many bone idle workshy preferring to live off free dole benefit handouts. The Peterborough Dole Office will update you on this one. Those who want to work are mainly Polish. Hence the recruitment of many immigrants who are not afraid of hard work- graft, a ***fair days WORK for a **fair days pay. You rarely hear of these people complaining of a bad back after 2O minutes work. This constant whinging about the legal agreed minimum wage is another pathetic excuse and red herring for many long term workshy NOT to work. cushybutterfield

10:47pm Tue 7 Jan 14

darloboss says...

crustybutterball
your comments are more akin to the readership of the daily mail
crustybutterball your comments are more akin to the readership of the daily mail darloboss

3:35pm Wed 8 Jan 14

cushybutterfield says...

DarloToss-loss. Actually I mainly read the 'Daily Express' who generally agree with 9O per cent plus of my views. If I inadvertently come across a discarded copy of the 'far left Daily Shirker', I recycle it immediately via my shredding machine or us it as toilet paper if supplies run out, otherwise it is just a boring unwanted wasted space.
DarloToss-loss. Actually I mainly read the 'Daily Express' who generally agree with 9O per cent plus of my views. If I inadvertently come across a discarded copy of the 'far left Daily Shirker', I recycle it immediately via my shredding machine or us it as toilet paper if supplies run out, otherwise it is just a boring unwanted wasted space. cushybutterfield

10:30am Thu 9 Jan 14

robbersdog says...

'Read your History', says Cushy. In order to establish any credible position with regard to the interpretation of historical events you must base the tenets of your argument on a thorough interrogation of the provenance of the sources available.


'I mainly read the 'Daily Express' who generally agree with 9O per cent plus of my views'...simply will not do.
'Read your History', says Cushy. In order to establish any credible position with regard to the interpretation of historical events you must base the tenets of your argument on a thorough interrogation of the provenance of the sources available. 'I mainly read the 'Daily Express' who generally agree with 9O per cent plus of my views'...simply will not do. robbersdog

2:52pm Thu 9 Jan 14

cushybutterfield says...

'DarloTossLoss'. On a wider current 'today' issue I now know why Margaret Thatcher got into power and it would not surprise me if a 'Margaret Thatcher the ****Second***** got into power after listening TODAY to the comments of a certain 'bigoted subversive 'Anti-Police' Anti British Jury, , London Labour MP'.... commenting about the criminal career gangster Duggan. What a shocking, disgusting advert for a so called 'Labour MP', there again it is not surprising she is representing a bigoted 'Anti-Law and Order, 'Anti-Police' , London Borough funded by the ' Mug British Working Taxpayer'.......... No wonder people continue to leave and have left the Labour Party in droves, drive by evil, pig-headed 'clown comments' from a Labour MP such as this to Vote for any other party but Labour. This Labour MP was whinging on about Police Stop and Search quote (The MPs words not mine), The MPs quote, 'Black People are six times more prone to 'Stop and search' in certain parts of London than White', the common sense answer is, this is because there are **** twenty times more Black people than white people living in certain London Boroughs, hence the percentage of 'Stop and Search'. Anyhow the Police should not be used as 'political Footballs', the MORE people they Stop and Search I personally highly commend, as they are doing te job they are all paid for ***preventing crime and and backing decent working class people and should not be dictated to by pig ignorant far left labour MP's out to gain political points to keep them in a high paid cushy MP Job....... Just How thick can this labour MP' get ?. We all know who to vote for next time around and it will certainly NOT be Ed Milliband and his shocking Labour Party Troopers. . Can you tell me 'DarloTossLoss' what newspaper (if any) which you read ?.
'DarloTossLoss'. On a wider current 'today' issue I now know why Margaret Thatcher got into power and it would not surprise me if a 'Margaret Thatcher the ****Second***** got into power after listening TODAY to the comments of a certain 'bigoted subversive 'Anti-Police' Anti British Jury, , London Labour MP'.... commenting about the criminal career gangster Duggan. What a shocking, disgusting advert for a so called 'Labour MP', there again it is not surprising she is representing a bigoted 'Anti-Law and Order, 'Anti-Police' , London Borough funded by the ' Mug British Working Taxpayer'.......... No wonder people continue to leave and have left the Labour Party in droves, drive by evil, pig-headed 'clown comments' from a Labour MP such as this to Vote for any other party but Labour. This Labour MP was whinging on about Police Stop and Search quote (The MPs words not mine), The MPs quote, 'Black People are six times more prone to 'Stop and search' in certain parts of London than White', the common sense answer is, this is because there are **** twenty times more Black people than white people living in certain London Boroughs, hence the percentage of 'Stop and Search'. Anyhow the Police should not be used as 'political Footballs', the MORE people they Stop and Search I personally highly commend, as they are doing te job they are all paid for ***preventing crime and and backing decent working class people and should not be dictated to by pig ignorant far left labour MP's out to gain political points to keep them in a high paid cushy MP Job....... Just How thick can this labour MP' get ?. We all know who to vote for next time around and it will certainly NOT be Ed Milliband and his shocking Labour Party Troopers. . Can you tell me 'DarloTossLoss' what newspaper (if any) which you read ?. cushybutterfield

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree