For details on how to contact our editorial and commercial departments, click here
Catterick rapist locked up for nine years
A MAN who raped a child was locked up for nine years after being told by a judge that he will probably have scarred the youngster for life.
Despite apparently confessing to the rape when he was challenged on Facebook, Pare denied it when arrested.
The 26-year-old, from Manchester, was convicted by a jury following a retrial last month, and returned to court today (Thursday, December 19) to learn his fate.
Judge Peter Bowers told him: "From the statements I have read, it has had a profound psychological effect on the youngster.
"All I can hope is that with time and help, some of those wounds will heal."
Pare was also ordered to sign on the sex offenders' register for life.
His barrister, Jamie Hamilton, told Judge Bowers: "There was no gratuitous violence in this case.
"There was no evidence of any violence or threats afterwards in order to hide the offending."
The court heard that Pare, of Cranesbill Close, Manchester, had previous convictions for battery - once against a girlfriend.